It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outright Rebellion In NY Over Guns?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Would that be your reply if you family was in danger, being shot at and you went thru seven bullets and didnt knock them down? Do you really think it has anything to do with laziness?

One has to wonder how many gun fights these people have been in to make these arbitrary determinations on the capacity of magazines.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The dived between this nations people and it's government grows larger everyday. Not just with gun, there was already a long laundry list long be for.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I don't own firearms but agree with citizens rights to own them.I wonder if the government will skirt the issue and like tobacco will try to tax the product 100%to make them unaffordable.In reality putting out of reach of the a average American.Its this take this and eat it attitude by the gov.that ESPECIALLY FORCE me to back an armed citizenry.Its almost like a warning from the founders from the past warning us to resist any arms confiscation.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

www.esa.int...

www.ustream.tv...

edit on 4-2-2013 by dragnik because: additional link

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
count me in. I am with these guys. There is hope for NY.....

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

That would be my pleasure, maybe I'll come by the next time I'm in the states.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seasoul
These are patriots, real Americans speaking out.

I believe this type of courage can be found throughout the country, and within most individuals.

Our federal government has been hijacked, by self-serving criminals.

It's time to organize unified militias, and begin working as one to protect our liberty.

We need to take America back.

I willing to die today, protecting the U.S. Constitution, even if I have to die alone.

United we stand, divided we fall.

F.T.G.

edit on 2-2-2013 by seasoul because: "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Gandhi

Best reply post I've read today. Only thing I would have added: let's start with arrests of politicians.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I really wonder how much of the tax money they've wasted putting in laws like this that have no effect on crime.

While they're busy trying to put in all these fairy tail laws in to place, they might as well add one saying it's a crime to be evil or a criminal. Let's see how many bad people that one stops.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I've always been curious about Citizen's Arrest. Since most forms of gun control legislation are in clear violation of the 2nd Amendment, is that enough for this controversial approach to be justified and perhaps upheld in certain courts, when used to apprehend politicians directly involved in passing the violating legislation?

I'd love for somebody with better knowledge of legalese to clear away some of the fog surrounding this issue. TIA!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Declaring martial law in and of itself does nothing without the 100% commitment of the US military. Since they made the military voluntary service it has been changing to very educated people mostly college students rather than people with no where else to go, as it was in the past. If this criminal in Washington thinks that these people will blindly follow an order to suppress with deadly force, used against their parents, he is very mistaken. They will know, because they are smart, that labeling people as terrorists does not make them terrorists and will stand by their code of military justice and not obey such an obviously illegal order.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

There is a difference between regulations that makes sense and regulations that just undermine rights. Every gun that was fully automatic was already banned. Now they want to band everything under the sun. Ban sizes of clips, how many bullets. It takes seconds to swap a mag. So a guy on a shooting spree spent 1 minute longer then normal to swap out 10x12 clips versus 4x30 clips. Regulations that you can't have a pistol grip and a flashlight or other accessories. So if you have a pistol grip shotgun with a flashlight on it for home defense then you're a criminal! You figure you hear a bump in the night you would want a flashlight on your shotgun so you don't blow away one of your kids. I guess identifying your target is against the law now.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think the thing most disturbing about the New York law is the manner in which it was passed. Using emergency powers of the office of governor to avoid public review, midnight session,badly written law, and the close proximity to the President's "executive actions" for immediate deflection and obsfucation are all very concerning to me.

I wish those against this law in New York luck in defeating it, and the rest of us are watching with interest. We need you guys to help keep us informed though. There is little chance the MSM will even mention you especially any successes so let us know on places like ATS or other message boards.

I have to believe that the same forces that are responsible for the NY law are the same forces that will be pushing for a national law. I hate what hundreds of thousands of good law abiding folk in New York are being subjected to but I'm almost glad it was passed like it was and how it is written. It's great ammunition for those of us that are passionately pro-2nd amendment.

I'd love to hear more from folks in New York, especially outside the city.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm from NY and while I lean to the left I believe in our right to bear arms and suspicious of all these assault weapon crimes of the past year.

I hear hear many on this board say they are ready to throw their lives on the line for the right to bear arms, but my instincts tell me these are just bold claims made from a keyboard from the safety of their homes.

How many of you will actually go down fighting when ml or 2nd amendment gets taken.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PrestonSpace

There isn't a gun owner in the state of Wisconsin that's going to "hand over" their gun to anybody.

You say you live in NYC? Anyone who lives in the country knows that you give your gun up, they're coming for your home and your land next. Try to move you off to some FEMA camp?

Kill me first.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
We will see.

Make no mistake- the enemy is trying to disarm the citizens, and they have been working around the clock trying to make that happen.

All you have to do is watch their propaganda on the news everytime some crazy guy acts,,,,shall I say....crazy?

Our own president kills people daily from thousands of miles away with a remote control airplane(orders someone else to physically push the buttons)..including innocent people who happen to have the unfortunate luck of being around at the time.

Who is crazier- a man who kills in defense of his life and property, or a man who does it daily in the comfort of a taxpayer mansion?

Only one gets treated like a God while the other gets tossed around in prison.

"I dont like him I think hes al queda....drone him". "who cares about his rights of due process and a fair trial",, "so what if hes American- hes not here at the moment- he must be a terrorist.....send the raptor"...

The one who ends up in jail should be the one who is sitting in the taxpayer mansion while the other guy pretending to be noble- takes it from every cell on every block of the prison facility.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace
I'm from NY and while I lean to the left I believe in our right to bear arms and suspicious of all these assault weapon crimes of the past year.

I hear hear many on this board say they are ready to throw their lives on the line for the right to bear arms, but my instincts tell me these are just bold claims made from a keyboard from the safety of their homes.

How many of you will actually go down fighting when ml or 2nd amendment gets taken.

I reckon if you can't take folks at their word, you'll just have to hide and watch, and see who does.

If by "ml" you mean martial law, they wouldn't declare it over the entire country at once. Too much area to ride herd on with the resources they have available. They'd be biting off more than they could chew. If they declare it anywhere, or several wheres, I expect you'll see movement from the free areas filtering into the occupied areas, just a few bodies at a time in any one place.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join