It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W.H. says do not photshop freshly released photo of Obama skeet shooting (unofficial ATS photoshop c

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So there is the answer to so many people's question. It's really funny to me that Obama takes these little things so serious. I wonder how much money it cost to get these photos out? Also.. what does it change?

Another funny aspect, according to right leaning blogs the White House "warned" not to manipulate/photoshop the picture.

This official White House photograph is being made available only for publication by news organizations and/or for personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that in any way suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

So a couple pundits and bloggers doubt he skeet shoots and the White House rushes a photo out. Where were they when half the country doubted they nabbed Osama? What this really says is that this whole gun issue is very important and perception is everything. The president has to be relateable on this issue. I personally think they would have served themselves better by ignoring it. I think he stands to lose more pro gun control support rather than gain any 2nd amendment supporters.

Here is the picture for intense scrutiny and to comment on:

Source

Here is a source mentioning the photoshop angle: Source
edit on 2-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I haven't shot a gun since that time in '60's at summer camp!
But, in my opinion, Obama looks a little awkward there. His aim is on the horizon, instead of higher up where one would think the skeet would be. Also his cheek is resting hard against the butt of the rifle, would the kickback knock his head back?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Well it depends on where he is shooting. He would actually probably be shooting more towards the horizon than higher up. Sometimes you are up higher when you shoot skeet, sometimes not. I don't think we can really say much based on this picture. He does look a little awkward though.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

News of President Obama’s apparently long-secret fondness for skeet shooting came as a surprise to those who say they have witnessed the president’s “awkward” attempts at pinging the (clay) pigeons. This has only happened with the president at Camp David, at most, a couple of times, according to a source who says he has been to the retreat on a half-dozen visits with Obama. “The only time he shot skeet was for President’s Cup,” said the source, referring to a shooting competition tradition involving the presidential Marine guards. “I was there. He stayed for about five minutes, and couldn’t leave fast enough.” Skeet shooting “is very hard,” said the source. “Especially for someone not used to guns … He couldn’t have been more uncomfortable.” The source said a friend of his recalled Obama skeet shooting one other time at Camp David — very early on in his first term.

hotair.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by windword

He does look a little awkward though.

I think it's because he's left handed.

Every time I see him sign something I have to remind myself he's a lefty.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

If I was his in Whitehouse PR I would have released the photo of him standing with his back to the camera just to drive the pundits insane.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

To some, Mr. Obama’s newfound enthusiasm for shooting clay pigeons — he said in an interview that he did it “all the time” at the presidential retreat — also seemed a bit suspicious.

Yeah. Is awkwardness is obvious. He shoulda never have said he did it all the time. But, to be fair, he may be reliving it his mind all the time, or practicing his skeet shooting on his laptop during briefings!

If I was his in Whitehouse PR I would have released the photo of him standing with his back to the camera just to drive the pundits insane.

LOL
edit on 2-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i wish i had Photoshop skills i would have him shooting the american people and have him saying this is why you cant have guns lol !

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Who rests their face against the butt of the rifle like that?

If that's a real picture, and his face is pressed against the back of the rifle like it is shown, I would expect to see him with a fat bruise on his face.

~Namaste

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
see, the reason it's such a close up is because

a) he missed the skeet,

and

b) he accidentally shot Dick Cheney.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I was thinking the same thing. I would imagine the kick wouldn't feel to good on the cheekbone.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Actually, his cheek weld looks proper (you are supposed to have your cheek firmly up against stock) . . . even though we are seeing a still of a shotgun on the rise. You can tell as the sights are already above his eyeline.

If I was wearing my tin hat today, I would suspect this photo was taken Wednesday and released Thursday. Just judging by, if not recent . . . it's definately after his hair went grey and he let himself get out of shape.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
he has a beer belly

his bicept is bigger then i thought it would be

i wonder if there is anythign hidden in the photo which is why they dont want us to photoshop it besides the fact someone would photoshop him shooting at kids

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Reading comments of other people dissecting the photo one person noted that there is only a choke on one of the barrels. Either they were reloading only the top barrel or it was just for a one and done photo op.

Also his positioning screams amateur just based on how he is standing.

The reason smoke (a lot of smoke for a shotgun btw) is coming from the side is because the gun is ported to remove some of the recoil and lessen barrel rise.
edit on 2-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by speeddr2000
i wish i had Photoshop skills i would have him shooting the american people and have him saying this is why you cant have guns lol !

HAHA! What a great idea for a thread, "Photoshop this Picture!" HAHA! Fun!

OP, you should make a "sister" thread. I would do it, but I don't want to steal your (rifle) thunder!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

After looking you are right. I guess it's different for different people. No one I know ever puts there cheek right against, but looking on google you see people doing to both ways in competition.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
see, the reason it's such a close up is because

a) he missed the skeet,

and

b) he accidentally shot Dick Cheney.

I was trying to find a way to work Dick Cheney into this and you beat me to it....dangit

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

It's the way I was taught . . . I know it's not really practical, for sighting, with some of the scary black rifles (folding, telescopic stocks and all), but is actually important for control and accuracy.

It's also the reason you'll see the adjustable weld stocks on sniper and competition rifles.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join