It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if astral projection is against gods will why can we do it then

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

i always hear people sayin ooh dont do that that not christian well then why would god even give us the ability to do it or is satan exploiting our soul

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Depends on if you take a Christian perspective. It�s not against the will of some other religions.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
if astral projection is against the will of God, we wouldn't have dreams then
if a dream is really you APing every time

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Because Astral Projection isn't real. Just my opinion

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Because Astral Projection isn't real. Just my opinion

And god, Just my opionion

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I don't believe it's against god.

But I'm glad some people are unable to do it & some don't believe in it. It's to my personal advantage.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Does the Bible say that astral projection goes against God? Oh, sure, the lowest pits of Hell are reserved for the heretics and sorcerers, but there is nothing magical about projection!

Those who journey outside their bodies do not use drugs, herbs, cat entrails, or the worship of any diety to achieve OOB. It is effected by state of mind.

God doesn't want us to use our minds?

How many people within the Old Testament had visitations with angels, or recieved messages, from within their dreams? Isn't there a connection between those same people being asleep and being placed into a different state to gain these insights?

We who go astral are not out there to make ourselves a god, nor do we plan to.

Going back to being against God...

According to the Bible, we must live our lives by the 10 Commandments. Thou shall not kill, commit adultry, covert... no where on those holy stone tablets handed to Moses by God himself does it make a mention of magic, mental abilities, or astral projection. As long as you place no idol before God, you are good to go.

Occultist and scientist John Dee, of Elizabethian era, recieved special instructions from angels.

King Solomon used magic in his dealings.

Moses, too, used magic, if you think about it. Sure, the powers came from God, and he did those things in God's name... but he still preformed magic. Call it what you want; chi, the force, majick... magic is still magic. Some people are born with it; is it not God's gift to us, then?

The only thing I can think of that justifies astral travel as being against God is mentioned in the Book of Enoch, where during the Second Rebellion (when angels took the daughters of man as wives), it was the angels that taught mankind about warfare and magic. In this way, we were being placed as equals to the heavenly hosts. But that's magic, not astral travel.

Astral travel does not go against God, nor does it fly in the face of Catholic traditions.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm not sure whether astral projecting is right or wrong according to God. I don't know too much of the subject, but I would say that it seems risky to do at least. But to answer your question.....why, if astral projection is wrong, can people do it when it's against God's will? Well, people are able to go against God's will all the time by doing many different things. God gave us our own souls and minds to act as we please. He doesn't want us enslaved. Why? God seeks love and obedience from us, but if we all had no choice but to obey and do only his will, is that showing true love? Nope, cuz we don't have any choice. To love someone is to make a conscience choice of your own will. But remember, even though God will allow us to do what we please, there are still consequences, good or bad, that will result from what we decide to do with our lives.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by elliott reid

i always hear people sayin ooh dont do that that not christian well then why would god even give us the ability to do it or is satan exploiting our soul

The reason why it is SOOOOO bad is that it undermines the Church's authority on faith, because....one can actually do all these actions on one's own and you really don't need all those Hail Mary's and Our Fathers.

Loss of Faith = loss in profits!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
im not a catholic im an evangelist i dont say hail marys and our father because the bible says you not pray repeticios prayer therfore the catholic church goes against its own belief at the end of the day the catholic church is all about keepin people under control and in the religion

the catholic church is all about money and power on the inside but not on the outside

did you no that the pope was givin hitler money to help him exsterminate the jews

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The pope also welcomed black slaves brought in from the new world by columbus + has shares in general electric- a weapons company.......

however i dont want to sidetrack.........well maybe just a little

I wouldnt let Christian teachings get in the way of what you want to do, Use your personal human virtues/morals and decide for yourself.

I personally cant see why God would have a problem with it

as for the original question- we can kill but that doesnt make it right. We all have free will.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Actually, some theologians believe that in the following chapters of Revelation, the phrase In the spirit refers to astral projection.

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

Rev. 4:1-2

And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Rev. 17:1-3

And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God
Rev. 21:10

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sen5e
But I'm glad some people are unable to do it & some don't believe in it. It's to my personal advantage.

Why?

Are you a member of what some Gnostics and Theosophists, Rosicrucians, etc. refer to as the "Black Lodge" or something?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Black Lodge:

The diabolic intelligence which seeks to pull souls into attachment to desire-sensation and the awakening of the consciousness that is trapped within the ego. Excerpted from The Perfect Matrimony: "From the dawn of life, a great battle has raged between the powers of Light and the powers of Darkness. The secret root of that battle lies in sex. Gods and Demons live in eternal struggle. The Gods defend the doctrine of chastity. The Demons hate chastity. In sex is found the root of the conflict between Gods and Demons... There are Masters of the Great White Lodge. There are Masters of the Great Black Lodge. There are disciples of the Great White Lodge. There are disciples of the Great Black Lodge. The disciples of the Great White Lodge know how to move consciously and positively in the Astral Body. The disciples of the Great Black Lodge also know how to travel in the Astral Body... The White Magician worships the inner Christ. The Black Magician worships Satan. This is the �I,� the me, myself, the reincarnating ego. In fact, the �I� is the specter of the threshold itself. It continually reincarnates to satisfy desires. The �I� is memory. In the �I� are all the memories of our ancient personalities. The �I� is Ahriman, Lucifer, Satan."

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have done astral projection only once but it was not voluntary. If AP is a sin then every time I AP involuntary I am sinning involuntary to. That does not make sense. :shk:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
God made us human. Anything we can do as humans is acceptable to God, because He MADE US HUMAN!

DAH!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The Christian prospective knows not of all the things of heaven, it knows not of all the things of earth (appearantly) and it knows not of all the things the human mind is capable of. I don't believe I'm taking this bible verse out of context it, and I would argue that fact all day and night if accused of that .... if all the things of heaven be lumped together in the general sense. I don't know if astro projection is possible, but I believe that our minds are so powerful, and we don't know how to tap into all of our given resources.

From the mouth of Christ...........

John 3:12

If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

[edit on 6/22/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Someone could say that being an alchemist is against God's will.
You could rebut that by saying you are only being a scientist.
It has to do with what you resort to, in order to complete your goal.
If you decide to make use of the powers of demons, then you cross the line.
Astral projection could be possible, naturally, but if you want to force it, un-naturally, you could be getting into something that is beyond yourself.
There are plenty of unhealthy things, lingering about, who would be more than happy to take advantage of the situation.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
In astral projection you become accustomed to dealing with spirits and things that exist in the astral plane...for me I was guided into it by the archangels who were trying to figure me out and a spaceship I was riding in meditaiton...I eventually found life int eh universe and even ventured to what I thought was heaven in anotheer part of the universe witha god overlooking it and I transformed to equal the gods size then transformed into the antichrist and got ejected but I went back and transformed again but this time rode up so high that I went to the land of the gods....went to the land of the archangels too, now they have a monumetn and its from them that I met my ET bride higher up...

I guess a lot of christionas would be threatened and fear all that.

top topics

join