It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York State Resistance - "... prime for something like that."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Did a couple searches and this doesn't seem to be posted yet...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
these guys are pissing off the wrong people... as you can see they don't even know and cannot explain the laws or penalty...

They need to all join the militia now while they still can. People have to band together. Their is power in numbers!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I lost count of how many times he said he was just there to answer questions and then couldn't answer the question.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CaPpedDoG

I havent owned a gun in years but I get a tax refund back at the end of the month and im looking to buy a sig .40
Then Im going to get my CCL

scratch that.. after seeing some of the sig prices, I think ill settle for a smith or a glock.
edit on 2/2/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by CaPpedDoG

I havent owned a gun in years but I get a tax refund back at the end of the month and im looking to buy a sig .40
Then Im going to get my CCL

scratch that.. after seeing some of the sig prices, I think ill settle for a smith or a glock.
edit on 2/2/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

Listen,,,,

The 40 is not that great a choice for CCL.

98% of the time, your assailant will be within 5 meters of you when action starts.

I would go Springfield XD-9 the short guy.

Load it with perp dropping hollow points, and have a gun that is cocked and locked, but can be safely packed like that because of its two safety actions. No not a safety you need to take off, they are:

1. on the trigger, so the trigger needs to be deliberately pulled for the firing to take place
2. in the back of the grip, so it cant fire until it is firmly in your hand.

Very nice guns, you know when ones on the chamber because of the top plate sticks up, and you know when its cocked because a little pin extends out the back.

In total darkness you are not lost with this unit. Field strips in 30 seconds and re assembles just as fast.

need help? U2U me.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This needs to be repeated in every political meeting available. Every federal and state politician having a townhall needs to be confronted with overwhelming response from the public about how wrong these attempts to steal the rights of citizens are.

In regards to the use of the Springfield XD for concealed carry.
Why?
There is nothing wrong with the gun for home defense where the likelyhood of having to grab the gun in a less than optimal situation is much lower. In a home situation its more likely that you will have the time to access the gun and get a good grip on it in order to engage the grip safety.
In a concealed carry role its not the best choice around. Drawing the gun from concealment is something that can be tricky especially if you are in close quarters. The grip you get when you draw is the grip you get. That grip will not necessarily be sufficent to engage the grip safety leaving you with a hand ful of paperweight.
If you dont have to carry a gun with so many "safety" features then why would you?

I know that the response will be "in all the times I have shot it at the range it has never failed to fire because of the grip safety". Thats fine and I believe you, the problem is the range is not real life. Real life has a way of getting in the way of all the plans we make. So why would you have extra doodads, switches and leavers inserted into a process that will happen in less than 2 seconds and will possibly determine if you live or die?
I am not telling you to get any specific firearm by the way.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Idk.. my last gun (pistol) was a Ruger .40 and I really liked it, very accurate and pleasant to shoot, before that it was a small S&W model 39, 9mm, which I didnt like so much.
I havent decided yet, Ill just have to see what I have left after paying off some bills.
Thanks for the info though.

top topics

join