It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IRS WILL come after you if you don't pay Obamacare fine. Here's why:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's really actually a pretty simple process. The basic idea is that they're forbidden from coming after you if you don't pay the Obamacare fine in the form of a tax lien and all that stuff.

It's a lie straight from the pits of Tartarus. Don't believe it for a second.

It's really quite easy, and all they have to do is tweak the math. Here's an example:

Say you're a single person, so your fine is 675 and after doing taxes, it turns out that you're getting back 300.

Well, if they tag that fine on the end of everything, then the fine comes out to 375 bucks and they keep your return. The IRS wouldn't be able to come after you, then.

BUT:

If the fine is already included in your taxes before everything is done, though, then it's just another part of the equation. This means that if they include it in the math somewhere along the way, especially if its done before deductions are taken out, then it's a different story.

Suddenly, this single person that was getting 300 bucks back before has a fine that was tagged on somewhere in the middle of all his taxes, and his taxes equal out to owing 375 dollars.

What I'm saying is that they say that the IRS won't be able to come after you if you can't pay the fine, but they're going to cuckold the math to mask the fact that it's the fine that's making folks go over and owe something.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
They can say whatever they want but it`s not a fine it`s a TAX and if you don`t pay your taxes the IRS can legally come after you and I have no doubt that they will.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

The only reason you would get a "fine" is if you are refusing to have some type of medical insurance, wether you get it through a job or on your own.
And yes, even though we all hate paying taxes, we all have to pay them. Sadly the more you make, the more you pay. That is why deductions are important. I just for the 1st time in my life have a child (I'm in my 40's) to claim on my taxes and being head of household....made a humongous difference in the amount I get back.

Also, I think it is wiser for more people who may have plenty that "can" be deducted use a tax company or tax attorney to file for them.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
In my entire 47 years of life I have paid every single health need out of my own pocket.. Three trips to the doc for broken bones, none for being sick and about five grand on dentists. Nothing makes me happier than to be FORCED to pay more money for crappy socialized healthcare than just fixing myself when I need it.

F@$K Forced Health Care. As pointed out in another thread they are already pissing away Billions in bogus claims.

I am quickly learning to hate everything this Country has become. When it is my time I to die my only regret will be that I can't be in more than one tall tower at once. Choosing between Wall Street and DC will be a tough choice.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by funnychick

Or if you can't afford it. No matter what the government says and does to try to make things easier, there are always going to be people who legitimately cannot afford what they are going to have to pay.

Also, if you are a poor young adult who, according to the federal government, would qualify for Medicaid but live in a state that is refusing to expand Medicaid, you will fall through the cracks, as you will not be able to take advantage of the governmental health insurance exchange or get the tax credits. Why? Because according to the federal government, you should have Medicaid.

And as for those catastrophic plans that most people have because that's all they need. Yeah, Obamacare took those off the table.

Personally, I find myself in the young adult crack, and I may lose everything because of it. Because the simple fact of the matter is that, if my tax return doesn't take care of the fine, I refuse to pay a fine (that's right, a financial penalty for not following a law is a FINE, I don't care what the spin artists in Washington call it) that comes about as the result of an illegal law that makes me a financial slave to a corporation, especially when that fine will come about because the government is too incompetent to ensure that an extremely vulnerable part of the population doesn't fall through the cracks.
edit on 2-2-2013 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

top topics

join