It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing "like living crature" anomaly on martian surface in Curiosity sol 173?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If there's a video of the damn thing moving, then I'll be amazed

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

If there is anything that I know, it seems sheer stupidity to call it a rock.

Why? It almost certainly is a rock - so it hardly seems a stupid thing to call it what it is. Rocks don't have to be shapeless lumps you know. Google up "animal shaped rocks," and you'll get dozens of results. It is rock colored. It has a shape that is vaguely lizard-shaped, except it really has no feet to speak of.

It makes more sense to you that a single lizard is sitting on a rock for hours? A rock-colored lizard? With no other life around - nothing for it to eat, drink, etc. Just a single lizard hanging out in its own happy little ecosystem? I don't think so.

Someone once posted a pic of what looked like a tool on Mars. Looked like a wrench. I took it into work, as I worked for an environmental company who had a lot of top-notch geologists working for them. I asked one of the top guys (without telling him it was Mars or anything.. was just a black and white photo), if the picture could be a rock. He didn't even hesitate. He said yes, it was a rock. He had seen rocks in every shape you could think of. And you will see interesting shaped rocks on Mars, too.

You are naive though, to think that NASA would "blur out" anything. If there was a picture they did not want you to see.. you would not see it, plain and simple. They wouldn't go through the effort of hiding something. It would simply never be posted on any site that Joe Public could browse. You act as if pictures go directly from the rover to a pubic website. No.. that isn't how it works. They certainly wouldn't make an effort to photograph an interesting rock and then post it, if they thought even for a moment it was life on Mars.
edit on 3-2-2013 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Interesting stuff OP.

Anybody else noticed it has this greenish tint to it? Its very different from the color of background soil.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatcoat
Not saying it isn't a rock, but this is ATS. It could be riding a small red tricycle and wearing a stetson...and it'd still be a rock..

That's awesome!! I couldn't have said it any better. It's always guilty until proven innocent on this site.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The chances of this post being read is slim to none. But it aches me how people are leaving one sentence
comments, calling it a rock period. Tell us how you came up with your conclusion so others view your thought process with their own. Your not god, we wont blindly take your word for it if you cant intellectually explain yourself. Its nonsense. Take it from a young blood. The object seems to have limbs with joints. So its possible it could be a creature.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

And at the risk of coming across as a loon, I present this....

I can clearly see a "knee" not very different from animals here.
The "eye" like detail exactly around the "open mouth" also caught my eye.

Actual life form? or extreme pareidolia on my part?

edit on 4-2-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Excellent work!

Stars.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken another interesting find
1 did take a few looks for tracks leading to the object of interest or hoping points, but could not locate. This however does seem to stick out to its surroundings and if came from below its current location maybe periscope type tech observing rover. Still an interesting find either way if possible future pics of this location would help verify its movements at least.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Hi Ophi, my friend.
Thanks for your contribution. Appreciate!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

i wanted to mess around with it and paint, and this is what i think this creature looks like.
Notice the Ridge along the spine reflecting, like its 'oily', as well as the scoop on the head (maybe the scoop is to capture energy through uv rays or w.e) and the top of the head between the eyes. Also the elbow on his front right hand is reflective.

Just speculation. Just trying to stir up some thought and theories. Im not saying its a real creature.

edit on 4-2-2013 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
looks like a lizard type creature to me, its a way different shade then the rocks, even in the none photoshoped pictures

and a very great shape, hard for nature to mimic.

we'll have to say what the professionals say or dont say

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight13
If there's a video of the damn thing moving, then I'll be amazed

yeah, beacause that is the first thing they would release.

we'll never see it

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

You are naive though, to think that NASA would "blur out" anything. If there was a picture they did not want you to see.. you would not see it, plain and simple. They wouldn't go through the effort of hiding something. It would simply never be posted on any site that Joe Public could browse.

In fact, that specific Area, for unknown reason,..... was not imaged by NASA/JPL! hcd-1.imgbox.com...

Nothing to see there...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I see.........

An over active imagination

Sorry Arken...a rock with two round pebbles behind it..

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by thetiler
If there is anything that I know, it seems sheer stupidity to call it a rock.

If that's what you know I guess it tells a lot about you...

It does look like a copy and pasted silver ford bronco with a tire in the back. on the top to cover up the face of the possible animal etc. by nasa. You may laugh but i'll bet nasa isn't laughing.

I'm not laughing. Do you think NASA can't do better than that to hide something, if they want to?

To think every thing is rocks and dirt and not have a clue means the rockers are playing the three monkeys.

It's not thinking that every thing is a rock, it's thinking that everything that looks like a rock is probably a rock.

Thinking that every thing that looks like an animal is animal, in a place where no evidence of animals as been found is better?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

But that's just the point. It doesn't look like a rock. It looks like something metallic and what's more it has a strange organic shape to it. So how about you cut the OP some slack and stop being so damn rude.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I have sharpened the image in Photoshop and coloured it for clarity. I have to admit it's very striking. Apologies, I have no idea how to paste the image into the thread directly. ATS doesn't exactly make it easy...
edit on 4-2-2013 by IBelieveInAliens because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IBelieveInAliens

Nice job.
I'm starting to see a lot more symmetry in that thing.

Even if it isn't a living animal.... what if it is a carved sculpture?
Notice how it sits almost like the sphynx.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBelieveInAliens

I have sharpened the image in Photoshop and coloured it for clarity. I have to admit it's very striking. Apologies, I have no idea how to paste the image into the thread directly. ATS doesn't exactly make it easy...

Here you go. Nice work.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Ummmmmm.....Nasa won't blur out or remove things from photos's? Sorry but that is the first thing they do before they release any photo etc to the public, its just that sometimes they miss things /human error etc and people like the op find "artifacts" that they missed. Granted most are rocks / mineral formations and the like but I don't believe that all of the "artifacts" can be so easily dismissed.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join