It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing "like living crature" anomaly on martian surface in Curiosity sol 173?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by antoinemarionette
Very interesting photograph. My thanks for your post.

What I don't understand from all you "rock" and "pareidolia" people is why you haven't mentioned anything about the feet.

I can not conceive of a rock with identical tiny reptilian feet that have teeny-tiny toes attached to it!!!

Please, look again!!!

Thank you.... THAT is what I keyed on to sit up and take notice. I could care less about the shiny object fixation. Lots of things are shiny and more rock than anything else. After all, living things on Earth that attract the eye like that get eaten very quickly. Not many have shiny parts to them on land, anyway.

It's the symmetry and logic to the overall form that got my attention. I don't think whatever that is would be alive. Maybe it's been dead for a thousand years. Maybe more. The petrified forest in Arizona and some fossils found more intact creature than fossil on our own planet seem to suggest that's a very possible way man will first come across signs of Mars having more than a dead past.

I can't figure why so many people are SO determined to outright push aside or bury anything that merely suggests there may be or HAVE been more than rock on that whole planet. It's all very suggestive thus far, but as far as that 'category' of evidence can go, it's strong enough to remain interested and see what they find!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I knew this was coming...

Eat your heart out. In the GigaPan, it's on the Sol 173 side and it was snapshotted:

gigapan.com...

Small preview:

edit on 2/3/2013 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
reply to post by Arken

You know what Arken, I may not agree with you 90% of the time. But you are a dying breed on ATS, which is unfortunate.

As for the pictures, I'd have to say that we're looking at rocks, but thank you for sharing

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes: "our breed" is on the verge of extintion on ATS.

Half of my " Old Friends" on ATS, more smart and skilled than me, like Zorgon, Internos, easynow, mcrom901, mikesingh, RUSSO, watchZEITGEISTnow, Exuberant1, they are banned or they have left ATS for some reason...

I've no absolute truth in my pocket, and sometime I'm wrong, but "something" say me that I'm on the right way

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks however for your posts and comments, Wrabbit2000. stars.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

As usual, great job from you. Stars.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Arken
Looks like a creature, a living creature on martian surface that take the sunbeams on a rock on Curiosity Sol 173

It doesn't.

Unless the "creature" was fused to the rock, as I cannot see any clearly defined frontier between the "creature" and the rock.

But even for a rock it's an interesting find, as it looks completely different from the other rocks I have seen so far on that place or in other Mars missions.

It's almost as if something got embedded in that sedimentary rock when the rock was formed. If it is, then it means that is not only a different material but also older than the rock.

Keep looking, even if you don't find any signs of life, at least you are finding interesting rocks, and that's good enough for me.

I know that this is the best that you can do, my friend.
And I accept this like a huge compliment from you.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Arken,

Man... you gotta go out from time to time and see the world! It's a rock. I'm sure we'll find something soon but probably it won't be you... you're too obsessed to find anything and my opinion is that your sense of objectivity has long departed this planet.
No offense on a personal level tho.

Peace
edit on 3-2-2013 by Logiciel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by skullandbonesband
Yeah, keep saying that is a rock , maybe some will buy it.
A rock that presents a unusual formation. Look at the shadow of the part that resembles a head. Show me a picture of a rock here on earth that has similar formation than I will think.
You are becaming lazy , professional debunkers on Nasa Payroll, I expected better arguments.

Are THESE good enough?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

In my opinion, we would have already found evidence of life by now, if we were ever going to find it. There would be some sort of "web of life" if there was anything living on the planet. There would not be just one species, but a host of things living in a food chain of sorts, this can be the only way for life to exist.
reply to post by Quauhtli

The fact that they may have found it does not mean they would have necessarily revealed it...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Well...

It looks nothing like some lifeform..

But it also looks nothing like the surrounding rocks. Looks almost like some metal fragment plonked down on the ground.

Good photo.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Cool! I like this one! Much better than the many, many "hey, this rock looks like Harvey Keitel!" photos on here.

If you look at the full blown up photo, the object definitely looks different from its surroundings. It even appears to have an eye!

Great photo and a cool little alien creature. I want one as a pet!

Killian H. Gore (author)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Even if it is made of rock there are silicone based life forms on earth, also we have no idea what other life forms could consist of, i mean space is infinite so how do we know that there are only organic based life forms out there? Or it's a Martian robot? Doh

gizmodo.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logiciel
Arken,

Man... you gotta go out from time to time and see the world! It's a rock. I'm sure we'll find something soon but probably it won't be you... you're too obsessed to find anything and my opinion is that your sense of objectivity has long departed this planet.
No offense on a personal level tho.

Peace
edit on 3-2-2013 by Logiciel because: (no reason given)

Logiciel,

Man/Woman... otherwise, I'm absolutely sure that YOU will find absolutely.... nothing

You're too obsessed to try debunk anything and my opinion is that your sense of objectivity has long departed this planet.
No offense on a personal/planetary or solar system level tho.

Peace.

edit on 3-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Looks like a little dinosaur to me

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
I am so bored with saying this
If it looks like a rock smells like a rock and is tested as a rock
It's a ****ing rock

Problem: You're so bored saying it - we're so bored hearing you say it.

Solution: Stop saying it.

Conclusion: No-one gets bored.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hey Arken, just wanted to say keep it up

While were busy arguing about obama being hilter incarnate or the pope is a lizard who owns the worlds gold supply, you are educating yourself and others. Sure this may be a rock... and the next and so on and so forth but your doing more than showing us rocks/critters.

You are inspiring and captivating peoples imagination, even if one person becomes interested in mars/ space because of this thread than its pushing us in the right direction as a people. We accomplished so much during the space race because we were united in interest and desire. It fizzled out and we havent really been back to that level since and as a species we gotta keep moving forward.

I see a growing trend lately, with the talks of a manned trip to mars, new forms of life here on earth, and lots of other interesting things such as earth twins and new propulsion systems. People are becoming interested again, I think we will be leaving the internet age soon (our latest and greatest step forward) and transitioning into our next big step forward, manned inner space exploration.

Sorry this is more of a rant.... But when people dismiss your efforts as something other than hard work it irks me. Hell you even made yahoo news and got an official response from freakin NASA... on your work.
How many of them did ... .... ... still waiting...... I have all day.....

Anyhow, you have a thankless job and I supposed instead of ranting it would have been quicker to say but THANK YOU.
edit on 3-2-2013 by CitizenJack because: typos, still a few prob

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Why is it that the photo's do not have superior clarity. We have drones that fly overhead at 15,000 feet and they can ready your mail held in your hands yet these photos look like they were taken with a 1950's Brownie.

I can see why the object looks like a creature, but again it is difficult to really figure out what it is. If it is a creature, it could be small or huge, no point of reference. My first impression was of a creature with a Saab 900 in its jaws.
After all if the planet exploded, there might still be a Saab that survived.

We really need a point of reference and a second photo taken a day later.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Interesting pic,at first glance it does look like a reptile of some sort,then looking again it looks like a rock but it is kind of shining.
It could be anything to be honest so i'm keeping an open mind on this one.

appreiciate your efforts Arken,you are indeed a dying breed here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Thank you very much for your kind words.

This issue, about life, alien life elsewhere, is a very, but very important topic.

This is the real "big secret", because this can change our paradigm on Life, Religion, Wars, Economy, Energy and the hidden history of this planet.

I'm quite sure that "up there", the "things" are worst/better than we can imagine, and it depends by the side on which we are.

The "Space" is our last hope to save this planet and our race on this planet, but this mean the encounter with other "cousins" out there. Maybe, they wait us,and I'm quite sure they observing us, surveilling us, and waiting us, till the great director will give the sign....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join