It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing "like living crature" anomaly on martian surface in Curiosity sol 173?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Those are pictures of the heat shield from the rover Opportunity. The heat shield, back shell and parachute detach from the rover before the rover lands, and they go off and crash land elsewhere.

www.flickr.com...

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 2/2/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: grammar

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Maybe not a rock, but rather a piece of iron ore protruting from the surrounding rocks. That would explain the shine and strange form better than it being just another rock. It would have to move to be considered alive, in my book though.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If there isn't life on mars yet, there will be soon, and once it is there, there'll be no evicting it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yeah, keep saying that is a rock , maybe some will buy it.
A rock that presents a unusual formation. Look at the shadow of the part that resembles a head. Show me a picture of a rock here on earth that has similar formation than I will think.
You are becaming lazy , professional debunkers on Nasa Payroll, I expected better arguments.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Those are pictures of the heat shield from the rover Opportunity. The, heat shield, back shell and parachute detach from the rover before the rover lands, and they go off and crash land elsewhere.

www.flickr.com...

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 2/2/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

My opinion may not be worth anything but I have studied auto collision repair. Even without that experience it looks painfully clear to me, there is no doubt that the pic in your first link is staged. There is no way that that is an impact site and that the debris in the pic left that circular impact crater. No way! The crater itself in size and proportion is not possible.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Very interesting photograph. My thanks for your post.

What I don't understand from all you "rock" and "pareidolia" people is why you haven't mentioned anything about the feet.

I can not conceive of a rock with identical tiny reptilian feet that have teeny-tiny toes attached to it!!!

Please, look again!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Always interesting stuff that you post. Looks like it was doctored up by nasa. Like a piece of a metal toy care that was copied and pasted and put into a mars background. Not sure what in the heck is underneath it.

Thanks for being so perceptive. Those type of images are always worth studying and looking because the are NOT JUST rocks!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

Good observation.

The point I wanted to make, by introducing crash pictures, is that there could be foreign objects all over the area. And this picture could be of a some melted metal the came off one of our mission vehicles.

It does look out of place and odd shaped. It doesn't look like a rock to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I guess even Martians can save 15% on their car insurance.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Good observation.

The point I wanted to make, by introducing crash pictures, is that there could be foreign objects all over the area. And this picture could be of a some melted metal the came off one of our mission vehicles.

It does look out of place and odd shaped. It doesn't look like a rock to me.

First off, I have to say that the pics you mentioned have really taken me for a spin. I'm not a moon hoaxer, though I have watched a lot of vids on the moon hoax stuff. I hated to get off topic, but couldn't help myself. That pic is fake, i wasn't looking for it either, but when I pulled up the pick the obviousness just jumped out at me. I have looked at it now for a few minutes and it is disturbing. I would like to have a discussion sometime on that pic alone...

You do have a good point. Debris may turn out to be some of what we are looking at in other threads, or the tracks left by debri. The OP's anomaly doesn't fit into that category for me. It doesn't seem to be a rock either though. Maybe some sort of mineral deposit?

I don't think it is a living creature. Not only are there no tracks, but there is no evidence that a creature would leave in his day to day habits, although there looks like a nice shelter for a mars horned toad under that rock in the background. Being a reptile hunter as a kid, I'd have said that was as good as any lizard house I've ever seen...

In my opinion, we would have already found evidence of life by now, if we were ever going to find it. There would be some sort of "web of life" if there was anything living on the planet. There would not be just one species, but a host of things living in a food chain of sorts, this can be the only way for life to exist. Life would alter the landscape in very discernible ways and would not have evolved to hide it's presence.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If you can't see a baby T-Rex in that picture you should have your eyes checked! Is Mars our old planet or our future planet? Maybe back and forth since creation. I'm ready to go back.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

There's a good color panarama shot here:
marsrover.nasa.gov...

If you look close there are all kinds of plant and animal looking things, but now it could all just be debris. We can't really tell, so we'll just have to take NASA's word for it.

If you do a thread on this pic, U2U me.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Why is there a blacked out spot on picture?

Nice pano,, but I can't see the shiny rock.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Not trying to be snarky.

It is shiny and looks like metal, it looks like a spigot to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Do you mean this?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

This one is interesting too!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasTruth
If you can't see a baby T-Rex in that picture you should have your eyes checked! Is Mars our old planet or our future planet? Maybe back and forth since creation. I'm ready to go back.
Whew! I thought I was going crazy there for a second... 'cause that's what I saw!

And if I am going crazy, it's funner knowing that I'm not going alone!

It's a T-Rex facing to the right and going "RRAAWWRR!!!"

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Oh neat, more "amazing" rocks!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

whatever it is seems to EITHER be held up by some kind of rod/stick kind of propped up underneath the larger mass there, or it has legs, either way seems unnatural to me and either intelligent intervention leading to an altered environment, or a life-form of sort....and either hypothesis would be tainted by the apparent shadows that they reveal on this said mass, no way could chemical or mechanical weathering lead to a product like that with such a perfect ratio of size per (we will call them) leg(s)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join