It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing "like living crature" anomaly on martian surface in Curiosity sol 173?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I wish I had the time to analyze these Mars pics a lot closer.
Unless you are getting paid for it, seems like a waste of time, but still I appreciate those who do.
I doubt this is a lizard but there sure have been quite a bit of anomalies found on the Martian surface that appear to be out of place with the natural surroundings.
In this case, it looks like a highly polished piece of rock that protrudes from the ground.
If it's old debris from Martian history it certainly needs to be investigated further.

Thanks in advance for your efforts.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I saw already those images. Only that tiny black dot?

Frankly do not convince me.....

However: Are there other images with same resolution that I've posted in the Opening Post? Or not?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

YouWe should look at the original photo, not at resampled versions and much less at the coloured versions.

This is what the object looks like when resized to 400% without resampling. This is what the image really shows.

It has too much JPEG artefacts to be useful.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 4/2/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

these people that say it's clearly just a rock need their eyes checked, I'm viewing this on my mobile phone and have been able to see the lizard similarity since the first post. now, this one makes the gaps between the rock and the "legs", you can clearly see the light under them. I'm not saying this is a creature/fossil but it's an interesting find.

furthermore, for those that asked about footprints, do you leave footprints when you walk across rock? i don't!

also, someone said earlier if they saw examples of this on earth they might rethink and the link to rocks shaped like animals (including one close to me, the least convincing Elephant Rock) but they were all massive examples, not as small and delicate looking like the one on mars.

this is one of the most convincing 'anomalies' on Mars I've seen, would love to be able to find it for sure what it is. at the end of the day NONE of us know and THAT's the bottom line!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It might be a highly-evolved crature; it looks like it's wearing a pair Ray Bans.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I saw already those images. Only that tiny black dot?

Frankly do not convince me.....

However: Are there other images with same resolution that I've posted in the Opening Post? Or not?

I was only saying that the object is still there in those images taken over a span of nine days. The black dot is obviously the object, because it is EXACTLY where the object is in the close-ups. There are no close-up images yet because the rover hasn't really moved any in the past two weeks -- maybe only moving a few feet in that time.

The question was raised "why doesn't NASA image that area", and I simply answered that they DID image that area at least three times over a nine day span. If you are looking for close-ups, the image you provided in your OP is one, and this is another:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

If you want even closer images, we may have to wait until the Rover is done doing the science it is doing in the area that it is in right now (I think it is preparing to drill soon). Hopefully, once the rover moves on, it may get a better look at that object.

I'd like to see it close-up, also. At "first blush" it seems it could be metallic, meaning a possible meteor (maybe) aggregated as part of the native rock.

edit on 2/4/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
**double post**

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by windword

Those are pictures of the heat shield from the rover Opportunity. The, heat shield, back shell and parachute detach from the rover before the rover lands, and they go off and crash land elsewhere.

www.flickr.com...

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 2/2/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

My opinion may not be worth anything but I have studied auto collision repair. Even without that experience it looks painfully clear to me, there is no doubt that the pic in your first link is staged. There is no way that that is an impact site and that the debris in the pic left that circular impact crater. No way! The crater itself in size and proportion is not possible.

Why wouldn't the heat shield leave a round mark in the ground on impact? The heat shield is round, as seen in this image:

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

I would think it is plausible that the round heat shield would leave a round mark on impact, then break up and bounce away after impact, as seen in the first image in my post you quoted above (the heat shield is the object on the right).

My question to you would be "what shape mark SHOULD a round heat shield leave after it strikes that ground?"

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is definitely the most interesting Mars picture I've seen in years. Whatever it is, it instantly stands out against everything else in the image and doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the landscape. It kind of looks like some type of metal ore to me, but it also really, really does look like some type of lizard-like creature and I usually don't buy into the whole "hey look this rock kind of sort of looks like a monkey" thing.

Very interesting, either way, and it's fun to think about the possibility of this actually being a Martial lifeform. I dub thee the Frizzard (Frog lizard).

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

has anyone else noticed on the main picture theres something just to the right of the lizard looks like another reptile!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
its a reptilian shapeshifter, so even if you take pics of it later it will have moved (probably)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Or what if it is a form of life that can stay in that position for really long time periods? Unlike things we have on earth?

Considering the difference in temperature between the night and the day I don't think that's likely, on Earth animals go out in the day or in the night.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 4/2/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was going to write a clever reply talking about the unlikely nature of Lizards existing in a form we'd recognise in a place where the temperature only reaches 6 Degrees C at Midday....then I remembered I've seen several reptiles on Earth that live in a similar temperature environment ( Adder - Vivaparous Lizards, some Amphibinas such as frogs etc)

The lack of Oxygen and the relentless assualt of Solar radiation makes this an unlikely Lizard however as it looks far too familiar to be adapted to Mars.

edit on 4-2-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Resized to 400% without resampling does not make certain details go away.

The biggest problem with the image (and something that can only be seen when the image is not resampled) is that they applied to much compression for such a small (in pixels) object.
It's clearly noticeable how the JPEG compression (although it looks different from the common JPEG I am used to see) makes a vertical strip different from the next or previous vertical strip, in some cases it almost looks like a different image.

The area that looks like the light is passing between the "leg" and the rock may be just a JPEG compression (I have seen worse), as all features that are just 2x2 pixels or smaller.

PS: I like the sketch.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Arken, I think it's established enough that you can name it. You'd either be naming a lifeform or naming a rock, and there's nothing wrong with naming a rock that looks like this, that's for sure! What would you like us to call it?

I agree, I will call it HUGO from now on.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I wish I had the time to analyze these Mars pics a lot closer.
Unless you are getting paid for it, seems like a waste of time, but still I appreciate those who do.

I don't see it as a waste of time, too bad I don't have the time to do it myself.

That's why I always say that, even if it looks just like an interesting rock, everybody should keep on looking, as that's the only way we will find something that is not pointed to us by NASA.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by djz3ro
these people that say it's clearly just a rock need their eyes checked, I'm viewing this on my mobile phone and have been able to see the lizard similarity since the first post.

Me too, but that doesn't mean that I think that the most likely explanation is that's a lizard.

now, this one makes the gaps between the rock and the "legs", you can clearly see the light under them. I'm not saying this is a creature/fossil but it's an interesting find.

I'm not sure about the light between the rock and the "legs", it's too small and could be just a compression artefact.

at the end of the day NONE of us know and THAT's the bottom line!

True.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Great find Arken...
really curious what this could be? looks reptile , but the color , its almost like everything has the same color. I would expect that life evolving had more variety in coloring? But I could be wrong.... By the way you missed something on sol 17?.. I found the Martian box of Pandora.... really amazing it looks like it has buttons on it. Its so square, you can't miss it!.. And you can find it on 4 images,

Lets see who finds this Box first ...(this is no joke)
edit on 4-2-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

reply to post by impaired

Hi there impaired. No prob.

For sure an interesting anomaly, even if very but very suspicious.
Same resolution?
Can you please provide the links?
I don't find them...

Thx.

They're somewhere in here, but they're only thumbnails. The coordinates of the object match with the thumbnails.

curiosityrover.com...

It's there. You're good at finding things.
I'd help you, but I'm exhausted trying to make this new rover self-portrait perfect. Plus, it's taking hours to computer and render!

edit on 2/4/2013 by impaired because: Typo.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I cannot stop coming back and looking at this! I can't wait till nasa to lie but still curious on their take...i'm sure it has came back and someone got canned for just letting it slip unless they wanted it to be seen. ANSWER'S WE NEED ANSWER'S!!!
lol but still intrigued and will look at it a few hundred more time's im sure with the same result's, scratching myhead! my daughter even said she wanted to play with the silver aligator on the compooter.......who know's or will we ever?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Looks like a creature, a living creature on martian surface that take the sunbeams on a rock on Curiosity Sol 173 It's some sort of reptile? It's some sort of mantis? For sure this amazing "Object" cast many questions and seem alive. At a closer look you can see front and posterior legs and a strange head and eyes that point to the SUN.

edit on 2-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

This does not look like a living creature to me, however it is known that Mars does have artificial structures and while the quality of this photo is not good enough to be able to be 100 percent sure, this looks like an artificial structure of some sort. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if it was.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join