It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing "like living crature" anomaly on martian surface in Curiosity sol 173?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Looks like a creature, a living creature on martian surface that take the sunbeams on a rock on Curiosity Sol 173 It's some sort of reptile? It's some sort of mantis? For sure this amazing "Object" cast many questions and seem alive. At a closer look you can see front and posterior legs and a strange head and eyes that point to the SUN.

edit on 2-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

meh..looks like rocks to me though I can see how people that believe would see something alive.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It looks like an octopus to me......facing away from the sun. Looks like a funny shaped rock too though. lol

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

For sure this amazing "Object" cast many questions and seem alive.

Definitely casting a shadow, but not many questions...

It's an interesting rock, but that's it...

Maybe next time Arken..!

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You know what Arken, I may not agree with you 90% of the time. But you are a dying breed on ATS, which is unfortunate.

As for the pictures, I'd have to say that we're looking at rocks, but thank you for sharing

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The only way to know would be to see a later shot of the same place, did it move...or be there and touch it...could bite!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Maybe I just WANT to see something as much as the OP does in the hours he must dedicate to analysis of these photos in what I only guess is his own time. I have a hard time saying that's natural though. On Mars, we're told natural is a dead planet with no life OR SIGNS it ever existed. Nothing to see here, move along now.

It may very well not be intelligently created...and I'd say not. That doesn't mean it is or always was dead rock either. Looks...too streamlined a shape. Like natural evolution of form.

Just my two cents and S/F for the wonder in continuing to bring these great topics!

+42 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Not saying it isn't a rock, but this is ATS. It could be riding a small red tricycle and wearing a stetson...and it'd still be a rock..

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It's Gold or Platinum.....right lets invade.

seriously though it looks like something a lot harder than it's surroundings.....could be gold.....did i mention lets invade...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yep, I agree, it is a "crature"

Whatever that is.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Well, this is a nice one if nothing else. Did you find this on a gigapan (op impaired has made some great gigapans of Curiosity's travels)? The "legs" make the question of "is it or isn't it" remain unanswered for the moment. Odds are - rocks. But this is one I wouldn't put at 100 percent if I were a Vegas bookmaker. "With legs that keep on going", is that the expression?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a rock with a lot of shine among others,interesting.................why the others dont shine?.......mmm..........who polished??.....sorry I need my glasses...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Even though I think this is just pareidolia effect I must say this is one of the best ones I have seen.
Personally I think it is just the shape of rocks that gives this illusion. The head for example does not seem perfectly symmetrical.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I thought we had HD cameras on the rover..

Nice pic Arken, can't really tell what it is..

Interesting,hmmmmmmm

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hobbyists have been making panoramas of these areas.

The interesting rock is over to the very far right in this pano

It is very shiney, so I wouldn't neccessarily think living creature but it is very interesting.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
That's a cool find. It does resemble some kind of lizard, but the top or "head" looks like some kind of shiny metal... I got it! Robot lizard

Seriously though its an intriguing pic.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It does look more consistent in the panorama context, but still not entirely consistent. There aren't other rocks around that have the same appearance...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
At first glance it looked like a piece of rock. But with the color enhancement, it resembles something sitting on the rock. Almost like a reptile sunbathing.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I am so bored with saying this
If it looks like a rock smells like a rock and is tested as a rock
It's a ****ing rock

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Well I just spent a good deal of time trying to find a picture, that was linked in one of the recent Mars threads here on ATS, of a crashed module of Mars with it's debris field, that included some close ups, one of which was clearly a spring. But I couldn't fink it. Maybe someone has a link to it?

I was thinking that what you've found here might be something from that crash site.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join