It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~ "Hair" by The Bible ~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
1 Corinthians 11:14

Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him,

1 Corinthians 11:5

And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head--it is just as though her head were shaved.

Song of Solomon 4:1

How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes behind your veil are doves. Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Mount Gilead.

~ Hair

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Hair long beautiful hair,Shining, gleaming,streaming,flaxen,waxen

...man...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Man, I feel very old now !
sadly, I remember the day this movie was released,
and how Way-Cool everyone thought it was, Man
now... looking back.... what were we thinking ?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Sampson had great hair! Until Delilah got a hold of it!

Judges 16:17 That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother's womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man..............

19 And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him.

Jesus was also a Nazarite, and Paul even admits that.

Acts 22
And it came about that as I was on my way, approaching Damascus about noontime, a very bright light suddenly flashed from heaven all around me, and I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?' And I answered, 'Who art Thou, Lord?' And He said to me, 'I am Jesus the Nazarene, whom you are persecuting.'

Looks like St. Paul, the Antichrist, was still persecuting Jesus when he wrote about long hair on men being shameful!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

does nature teach us that its shameful for a man to have long hair? uhhhhhhh no. i dont see that it does. society maybe but not nature

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

1 Corinthians 11:14

Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him,

“You shall not round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your beard.” (Lev. 19:27)

new topics

top topics

join