Iran new Qaher-313

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

8 Track! LOL! Too much!

I bet the 8 Track Tape is a Bee Gee's Album and they never cleaned the 8 Track head so the tracks bleed into one another so you can here an Iranian Pilot sing...Stayen Alive...while Night Fever is also playing as an F-22 locks him up and taegets JUST THE TAPE! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Odds are that It will be of no match to even obsolete US fighters on their worst day.

Probably no better than the Eurofighter Typhoon which is an aircraft that is only a legend in the minds of them whom it originates from.

Would indeed be humorous though, to hear that this offering from Iran fares better than the Typhoon, even with the Typhoon being a very lousy, over-hyped (by loyalists in country of origin) fighter.

edit on 3-2-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Great achievements…

Even if F-313 not going to fly anywhere, it is still one hell of bold and sexy looking concept of an aircraft.
Many congratulations to the Iranian scientists/engineers and designers.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Donald Duck's car plate bears the number 313.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Design? Good.
Performance? Yet to be seen.
Sophisticated technology (eg. thwart jamming signals from enemy)? I don't think so.

Instead of wasting into such mediocre toy, Iran should research more into long-range EMP and nano biotechnology.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Couple of seconds of footage from the BBC here that shows this in flight

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 3/2/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
While its obvious that the Iranian propaganda machine is making much more out of this than it actually has, I do find it an interesting design, and all those who are poo pooing it need to stop and think about how far countries like Iran and China are advancing their industries incrementally.

I agree with those who say it is not a full scale prototype, building a small scale progenitor for a forthcoming aircraft is nothing new. Lots of aircraft designs, particularly in the UK, were preceded by mini versions.

The intakes are a mystery to me though. They appear to be sited in the worst possible place for a fighter and would be completely blanked in high AoA flight. Oddly though, directly below, under the canard, is a flat panel that looks like the ideal place for an F-22 style intake. Maybe on the full size version this is where it will be?

Comments on the apparent cheapness of the build seem to miss the point about it being a mock up. While the Iranians are hardly going to be building a world class fighter, a practical and usable homegrown combat aircraft would be a great achievement and could point to concerns in the future.

And finally, "probably no better than the Typhoon". Get a grip.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

I find it interesting that there's no exhaust nozzle. If it hits afterburner it's going to cause damage to the aft fuselage. It'll definitely be interesting to see if it ever flies. The RC version flies great apparently.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Explanation: So the pilot isn't required ... That is a bonus!

Single seater making the aircraft small ... check.

RC drone capacity and capability ... check.

It flies ... check.

Personal Disclosure: Seems legit!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well after thinking about it for a while, I have come to the conclusion that this is a low level strike bomber.

Seems to me that it is designed purely to fly under Radar where possible with a reduced signature for short duration exposure.

1. All wing surfaces are fixed with Ailerons....this means that it is purely sub-sonic...the Canards are fixed...the Tails are fixed...the canted wing tips are fixed.

2. Engine inlets are on top allowing extreme low level flight and take off from any sandy road or forward base.

3.Huge internal space......big payload.

4.Those canted wings are purely for low level flight..just like the TSR-2 low level nuclear strike bomber.

Yes I know the B-70 had canted wings but that was a waverider design for high super-sonic speed.

It's open to debate as to what engine will eventually be fitted....but there are a lot of commercially available Turbo-fan engines that can be taken from Airliners...they are relatively quiet and have excellent sub-sonic performance.and Iran are famous for improvising.

Not bad for a nation having to do everything on it's own....though I think it will take a few years before we see the full enchilada.....this is just a mock up after all...then comes prototypes...then production.

The prototype will probably be very different...and the production models different again...so we shall see.

Whatever it is bound to put the wind up Israel...who still have to buy American..and don't have an equivalent of their own.

C...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Don't forget the thick wing. That's pure slow speed right there.

As for engines, one of the few engines that will fit in something that small is a variant of the J85. If they put an afterburner (doubtful with those intakes and no exhaust nozzle) they can get up to 5,000lbs of thrust. Otherwise it's around 2900lbs. The J85 is one of the few engines both small enough to fit, and to operate successfully with those small intakes. Anything else would need a larger intake that this has on it. So unless they're going to alter the design to put a bigger intake, that's about all it can handle for an engine.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ResistTreason
Odds are that It will be of no match to even obsolete US fighters on their worst day.

Probably no better than the Eurofighter Typhoon which is an aircraft that is only a legend in the minds of them whom it originates from.

Would indeed be humorous though, to hear that this offering from Iran fares better than the Typhoon, even with the Typhoon being a very lousy, over-hyped (by loyalists in country of origin) fighter.

edit on 3-2-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

Lol...you are just baiting for an argument..nice try.

EuroFighter is probably the best dogfighter in the sky's at this time.....when your missiles are gone and it's down to a knife-fight with cannons the EuroFighter is the plane to be in.....pilots from all nations have flown it all agree.

And it's BVR is up there with the best too...and not to mention that there are hundreds if not thousands of them already built.

Better than F-15, F-18, F-16, Mig-29, SU-27.

C...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Don't forget the thick wing. That's pure slow speed right there.

As for engines, one of the few engines that will fit in something that small is a variant of the J85. If they put an afterburner (doubtful with those intakes and no exhaust nozzle) they can get up to 5,000lbs of thrust. Otherwise it's around 2900lbs. The J85 is one of the few engines both small enough to fit, and to operate successfully with those small intakes. Anything else would need a larger intake that this has on it. So unless they're going to alter the design to put a bigger intake, that's about all it can handle for an engine.

Yeah agreed..

There is a possibility for intakes underneath...closed during take-off..opened in flight...it's hard to tell from the pics but likely considering the sandy/dusty environment.

C...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

It flies ... check.

A model variant flies. The footage shows a test model. You can see how small it is from the runway take off shots. Even the Iranians admit and discuss it.

See from 04:45.

Snapshot from Iranian TV with 'test model caption'

forum.keypublishing.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
My My take a look at the front and slightly above profile picture looking down onto it. it looks like my favorite plane from ACE COMBAT 6.

THE ones below look almost alike to the iranian fighter as well

Someone in Iran likes to play Ace Combat.
edit on 3-2-2013 by yuppa because: Had to explain a difference

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Interesting. Unlike the J-20 it at least doesn't look like a complete knock off of US tech. That said, sometimes it's simply best to copy.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Looks like its on par with Swedish designs, and with money there are plenty of "aftermarket" componets to put a reasonable aircraft together. If it works as it is said to. But if only scaled up everything my avaition knowledge tells me is that a Mig/Sukhoi or Typhoon/Rafale can turn circles around it(See here, an American giving credit to other countries). That being said I do find it interesting they choose to develop a completly new aircraft vs purchasing existing ones. THAT being said im more for thinking this is more of a dis-info stunt to take attention away from other areas.

You people just cant refuse to take a shot at the US, keep it an Aircraft forum please. Even when you have Brits and Aussies taking shots at stuff you have to blame America. Maybe its the "fighter pilot" mentality rather than over-superior acting people. I make the same jokes about F-22s incapable of flight on account of being lizards. You guys have an acronym for overknowledgable europeans that know little of the world around them besides what they believe off the internet? If you people know so much better why is europe in the shape its in now? Duh me forgot its all Americas fault right?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Dont forget the Jas-39 Gripen, if it came down to a 1on1 close-up dogfight this little plane would be my first choice. Then there is the newer versions of Russia`s Mig-29 and Su-27.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear

Dont forget the Jas-39 Gripen, if it came down to a 1on1 close-up dogfight this little plane would be my first choice. Then there is the newer versions of Russia`s Mig-29 and Su-27.

Funny you should say that...

ETPS actually use the Jas-39 as an advanced fast jet trainer for test pilots and flight test engineers.

And yeah I like the Mig-35 (new 29) and the Su-35 (new 27), lovely aircraft, tho the Mig 35 is now a medium weight Fighter and the Su-35 a heavyweight Fighter.

At the moment Russia doesn't have a light Fighter which is a pity, they did have the LFI-S21 on the design boards but decided not to take it any further.

C...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The J-85 fits, especially since Iran flies the F-5. I do have some concerns about the design though. If you look at the front canards, you can see that they are not movable. All they have is what appears to be a small control surface at the rear. I am allowing that this is a scale model of the aircraft, I'm judging by proportions.

With the location of the intakes, it may have a problem with adequate airflow to the engine when operating at a high angle of attack or in a dive. The glove area that blends the nose into the front canard will tend to block airflow in any position other than level flight.

Combining the elevators and rudders into one control surface on each vertical stabilizer is going to reduce maneuverability.

Right now I am thinking "jet propelled lawn dart". I would be saying the same thing about this aircraft, no matter which country built it.

One last thing, just because it flies nice as an R/C model, doesn't make it a good full sized aircraft. After all, I've seen a flying doghouse with Snoopy on it and a flying lawnmower.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join