It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran new Qaher-313

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What you guys think about the new Iran jet fighter?

Build by Iranian scientists and engineers, they claim to be stealthy and similar to the F18, although it look like a mix of F5 and the bird of prey.

www.presstv.ir...
edit on 2-2-2013 by Militarywarfare because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think it's a nice looking plane regardless of who built it. And if is able to evade radar they could have a nice toy on their hands. Would be nice to see what it can do and just how radar proof it is. And if it is built on either the F/A-18 or the F-5E/F Tiger II it could be a good solid plane. Both of these are still being used around the world. No wonder Israel is screaming now is the time this is one plane they don't want in production.

edit on 2-2-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Cute little mock-up.

Meanwhile, Iranian advances in stealthy cruise missile capabilities is far more alarming.

IMO

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You can see they have trouble making a clear canopy. The nose is very small which probably means its radar is very limited. The skin looks weak like tin foil streatched across a frame and painted. It is very small so it likely cannot cary much fuel so it's range will be very limited. Just cause you can build a model or copy of real aircraft using substandard electronics, inferior materials and make it look stealthy does not mean its a great fighter aircraft. There is more to stealth than just the shape of the aircraft. Its garbage and propganda in my opinion. P-51 could probably take it down.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Video is probably of a rc airplane with sound overdubbing.

rt.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Militarywarfare

My reply from another thread:

I would say this is probably about a 3/4 scale mockup. You can see it's unfinished if you look at certain areas of it. The instrument panel doesn't mesh up with the cockpit front panel, and it appears to not have much wiring behind it.

As for the design itself, it appears to be a mashup of several aircraft rolled into one. The vertical fins appear to be similar to the F-35, the nose looks similar to the F-22, and I can kind of see a couple others in there. It'll be interesting to see what kind of power they can get with those small intakes, and that exhaust. It looks like it's going to use something similar to what the F-5 uses, but with those tiny intakes it might be hard pressed to produce any kind of serious power. I've never seen an engine without some kind of exhaust nozzle, so that'll be interesting to see what that does for them.

All in all a rather interesting design. I'm not sure how well it'll stand up as it is now, and I suspect that once they start flying it they're going to have to make a few changes to it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
what a piece of junk that is...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Didn't the Bird of Prey have drag issues with those down dihedral wing tips?
I think I read some where there was an issue.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Some pics....

Yeah it is a mock-up.....but a nice concept.

C...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
plywood, Styrofoam, and spray paint till it fly's , if it fly's no big deal the cock pit seemed a bit small, think the pilot would be scrunched if the canopy was down.
edit on 2-2-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLife

Why, because the US didn't build it? It's actually a nice design, and it'll be interesting to see the full scale aircraft flying.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

That's also not the full size of the aircraft. It's a scale model to show what the design looks like. They'll upscale it when they build the real aircraft.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
All in all a rather interesting design. I'm not sure how well it'll stand up as it is now, and I suspect that once they start flying it they're going to have to make a few changes to it.

I concur that it is an interesting design, but I can see a few screaming problems already from the mock-up.

How is its lift-to-weight? It has a very large internal volume, suggesting either a big payload or perhaps another potential reason at the end of the post. Rest assured that both of these possibilities imply a lot of weight to the aircraft. The other thing I notice is that it has a very small lifting area on the wings which worries me somewhat. Seeing this, I looked to see if it was using vortices along the top of the aircraft to generate lift across its broad back, but I don't see much optimization for that either. I see no LERX to generate them conventionally (and the location of the intakes makes their addition a challenging prospect), and the canards are so far outboard that you'd probably need an unreasonable AOA to blow the resulting vortices back onto the spine of the aircraft. Honestly, I'm just not sure how this thing is going to generate enough lift to do credit to its otherwise neat design.

What is the top speed of this aircraft? The reason I ask is because I can see a laundry list of features on this aircraft that just look horrendous for efficient supersonic flight. The thickness of the main wing's cross section is most obvious. Those sort of thicknesses look more at home on submarines than fighter aircraft. The downturned wingtips are a source of concern as well as they're hanging out in the wind causing both significant drag and giving those forces huge leverage onto the skeleton of the aircraft. There are some other things I see as well, such as the panels where the intakes would be on the F-22, and the lack of obvious area-rule features which make me suspect that this aircraft would have very poor transonic and supersonic performance.

How is the aircraft controlled? I notice that the aircraft has some very small control surfaces, particularly the ailerons which are only present on the inboard surfaces of the wing. This means that those aerodynamic surfaces will get crappy leverage to make maneuvers, and that the forces required to do so will be spread across frighteningly small areas. If this aircraft wants to roll with an F-16 I would hope that it has some very beefy connection points between those ailerons and the frame. The canards have their own control surfaces as well which could help with roll and pitch, but doing so can get very tricky in the effects that the wake has on the acting surfaces of the main wing. I suspect that the aircraft will have at least pitch thrust vector controls given the stand-in nozzle's shape. I'm curious as to where the center of lift will be on this sucker, and how much is portioned between the canards, the main wing, and the dorsal surface.

I like the "Remove Before Flight" tags on the nozzle cover and the nose pitot. Very cute. I don't think they're necessary on a mock-up, but very cute.

Originally posted by Darkpr0
It has a very large internal volume, suggesting either a big payload or perhaps another potential reason at the end of the post.

I rumbled about this early on, and it's gaining momentum in my mind. The combination of large internal volume, and really poor supersonic characteristics make me wonder... Could this thing be using a high-bypass engine, sacrificing supersonic performance for brute subsonic power? Is that even possible with this intake layout? The design is certainly already 'out there' enough to make me suspect that the inside could be just as wonky/creative.

Bottom line: I don't think this is going to be that big a competitor for World's Best 5th Gen, but I am very curious as to see how/if it performs with this futuristic design.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
While this mock-up isn't that earth-shattering, the symbolism in the name may be...

Qaher= Conqueror.

313?

wiki

In Islam, 313 is the number of Muslims who fought in the Battle of Badr against Muhammad's, and by extension, Islam's, foes. It was a decisive Muslim victory against a force of over 1,000 other men: the Muslims lost only 14 men. The battle also took place on March 13, or 3/13.

Watch out for something major on 3/13/13?

edit on 2-2-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My god, god forbid another nation develops something. Its really sad to see these kind of comments on a site screaming for personal enlightenment.

I have to say i'm loving the design, I think its bold and looks like it could be a plane with some interesting features. Might even be running a thorium reactor for all we know.

Why can't people atleast give credit for the time spend on it and the design. Its like art, you don't need to like it but atleast respect the skill.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
How did I know when I looked at this thread that I'd see a whole load of American Superiority Syndrome (ASS?)

::yawn::

Hell, good on the Iranians, if it flies, its stealthy and its reliable, its a hell of an acheivement.

Now back to the regularly scheduled naysayers who can't stomach anything that isn't american....

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Hell, good on the Iranians, if it flies, its stealthy and its reliable, its a hell of an acheivement.

You've seen this flying?

If you have any links, I'd love to see this thing actually flying.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

They've only flown it as an RC plane to date. This particular one that's picture won't ever get off the ground either, as it's only a mock up. It doesn't even have wiring behind the instrument panel. In fact (and I'm being funny here, just to be clear) it looks like it has an 8 track on the bottom of the instrument panel. Or maybe a really old CD player.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Iran actually got a prototype of that jet flying, my gut feeling is that Ahmad Vahidi has been playing Ace Combat just a little too much. That seriously looks like something out of AC6.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

If this thing is built full scale and it's paint is reflecting like this one here is...that alone tells you that it does not have Radar Absorbing Skin.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join