It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden says US, allies boosts Opposition "Assad must go!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Speaking in Munich, Mr. Biden says he and President Obama, and their 'partners' and allies, have agreed that Assad is a tyrant and is no longer fit to lead his Syrian people, and he must "go".

What the hell are we doing!?

Source

"We can all agree... on the increasingly desperate plight of the Syrian people and the responsibility of the international community to address that plight," he added.

We have already poured 50 million American dollars into what they call 'non-lethal assistance' to help the opposition become more cohesive and inclusive.

AFP - US Vice President Joe Biden said on Saturday the US and its partners were pushing to help strengthen the Syrian opposition, insisting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad was a "tyrant" and must go. Biden was speaking on the second day of security talks in the German city of Munich, where he is later due to hold talks on Syria with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Syrian opposition chief Moaz al-Khatib.

So here again, our government has decided another leader is no longer fit to run his country so we must remove him.
Isn't that the same policy the current administration condemned upon Bush? Is there any truth that this 'opposition' is supported largely by Al-qaeda and have repeatedly committed horrific war crimes, and human rights violations, while supporting the killing of US troops?www.infowars.com...
Al-qaeda in Syria

But he referred to recent comments by US President Barack Obama, saying, "We are under no illusions, the days ahead will continue to be very difficult but the opposition continues to grow stronger".
He said it was "no secret" that Russia and the United States have "serious differences" on issues such as Syria.

Russia play down talks with US and Syrian opposition

I'm by far no expert on politics, but is the only reason we have our nose poked in this is because Assad is backed by Russia and Iran? Are there weapons of mass destruction in Syria that pose a threat to us?

US Should Stay out of Syria

I've had a really bad feeling about all this from the start, boots on the ground or not, and I see this cauldron about to boil over right into our laps.

The Syrian Civil War
edit on 2-2-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well, with Iraq all but over, and Afghanistan winding down...

They need a new place to send all the boots.

I mean, we only have 68,000 or so people in afghan right now. By comparison, we have about 50k stationed full-time in and around Japan.

Gotta have a new war to employ all the active duty servicemen. Can't just let them sit around safe on a base somewhere and collect a free check. We have welfare for that.

Seriously, people should have figured out a long time ago that the government has been trying to find an un-ending war that doubles as a bottomless money pit. The war on terrorism is their new blank check.

No real enemies to point at. No benchmark to set or goal to meet. No way to judge victory...

Just what they were looking for.

Kill Hussein? That's fine, move on to Afghanistan. Nothing left to do there? Looks like Syria needs a new government... And then some rebuilding... Oh and then training to defend themselves after we leave.

Next thing you know, we will be attacking Kazakstan because Borat made threats to Barry...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I certainly see those points, but what gets my goat is, (oh the hypocrisy), this is the same do-gooder administration that bashed Bush for going into Iraq after supposed weapons of mass destruction while in the fallout of 911. At least his intentions seemed to have a broader justification than the threat Syria poses should Assad remain yes? Is there something much more significant I'm missing?

After 911, Americans seemed to be standing with their hands on their hips, blood lust in their eyes after witnessing the attack on NY, and asking their country's President, " Somebody needs to pay dearly for this, what are you going to do about it?" However, campaigning in '08 he was painted as a war monger by his opponents....even if in their own minds they most likely grinned and gritted their teeth in satisfaction as they watched the 'shock and awe' unfold in Iraq.

Granted, we don't have boots hitting the ground in Syria, but haven't we learned it's inevitable at some point either in Syria, or because of Syria, boots will be hitting the ground somewhere?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
And heres a reminder of why the last Tyrant was overthrown and replaced with Islamic Extremists.

In 1951, Libya was the poorest country in the world.

Before the nato invasions, Libyans enjoyed the highest standard of living in Africa and ahead of Brazil, Russia and Saudi Arabia.

In Libya, homes were considered a human right

Newly married couples received $50,000 to buy their own home and electricity was free to all people.

Gadaffi vowed to house every Libyan before his own parents. He kept his promise and his own father died because he was able to be housed.

Before Gadaffi, less than 1/5th of Libyans were literate. During Gadaffi, Education was free and roughly 83% of Libyans were literate.

Healthcare was also free and high quality.

If Libyans couldn't find the healthcare and education in Libya, then the Libyan government funded them to go abroad and find it.

All loans are interest free, 0% by law.

If a Libyan buys a car, the Libyan government payed 50%

Any Libyan who wished to become a farmer was given free use of land, a home, equiptment, livestock and seeds.

Great to see we are liberating the people of these countries...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think we should back off and get out of their business.

I wonder if the rebels over run the military if they will catch and kill Assad and maybe his wife. I think his wife is from the UK or some other European country though so she is probably safe. I read recently that she is pregnant.. I wondered if that was true or if it was a clever ploy. If anyone hasn't seen Assad's wife Asma Al Assad.. she is an incredibly gorgeous, smokin' hot, beauty.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah I'm pretty sure shes a Brit..

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yes, and yes she IS pregnant.

The end of Mussolini and his wife at the hands of Italian partisans come to mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Biden says US, allies boosts Opposition "Assad must go!"

Maybe these zionists puppet masters could say that Saddam must go.

But Asad is not their puppet.

So , they have no right to say that. Unless they are unreasonable bullies.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
But Asad is not their puppet.
So , they have no right to say that. Unless they are unreasonable bullies.

.. says the person who defends Hezbollah and Iranian terrorist attacks around the world.
If the USA is an 'unreasonable bully' for saying that Asad should leave, then those
who defend Hezbollah terrorist attacks are MUCH MUCH worse than a 'bully'.

There are MANY players in Syria.
Asad the butcher.
Russia, which sells a huge amount of weaponry to Syria.
The Syrian people who are being butchered by Asad. (60,000 at last count).
Iran and it's Hezbollah IMPS.
Saudi Arabia.
Lebanon.

So far, America has just used anti-Asad rhetoric.
America is war-weary and doesn't want to go in. (and we shouldn't)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I hope the best for the people of Syria, but it is not our fight and none of our business. We have no right to get involved in the civil affairs of sovereign nations...period. Not to mention we cannot afford to continue being the police of the world...

Whatever happens, happens and that is that. I wish them all the luck and may the best side win.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
In the year of 2000 there were seven countries without a Rothschild owned Central Bank:

Afghanistan
Iraq
Sudan
Libya
Cuba
North Korea
Iran

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws"
- Infamous Mayer Amschel Rothschild Quote

Canada should be on that list too, but we have a Banker controlled government.

anyhow I don't see Syria or Russia or the US on that list...ergo this is just bad theater

if you look at all the communist leaders and tyrants installed by the US - Pol Pot, the Shaw, Mao, the bolshevics...etc, Assad looks positively benign

so if the US has its way Syria will be raped and then put under the thumb of about the most evil dude the State departement can find

Oh, and what do they have in store for the american people while this is going on?
muah hahahahahah!
you just wait and see!
edit on 23-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Asad the butcher.

I agree that there are sides and Iran is not going to surrender Hezbullah.

But there is a problem here.

Was Saddam a butcher when he was invading Iran ,too?

Or he was just a good puppet ?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Bankesters are one side of the problem.

Zionists are on the other edge of the scissor.

Multinational corporation owned by elites

Arab puppet dogs on another side.

Fools inside Syria brainwashed by others.

Asad and his problems with people.

Arab nationalism on one edge.

Wahhabism on another edge.

They are making problems for Syria.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
On 911, the gates of hell opened up, and out poured the black locusts. Some are in denial

top topics

join