It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are being groomed like cattle for an early death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
reply to post by hawkiye

FDA is a den of jackals, here we share common ground. But if you do the math, you cannot feed seven billion with conventional agriculture. You cannot feed seven billion people sustainably. The soil has got to be suffering for it. The Haber process requires energy from somewhere to fix nitrogen, and energy is getting more and more expensive, what with oil production having peaked.

We can do it we need to change the way we farm work with nature not against it. Some are doing it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

That is one of the most interesting posts I've ever read.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Well guess what guy...you do not have to drink it....do not have to eat it...and you do not have to buy it.....but in the end you and everyone else is still going to die....PERIOD. Considering we are currently living longer by an average of at least 40 years than we did just 100 years ago...then something is going right.

Without consumerism...you would not have the modern day things you enjoy...hint hint...the computer you use to blather on about what bad food and bad drinks are doing to us...Don't eat and Don't drink it if it bothers you then outlive everybody...how about this...make some alternative and offer it to the general public....save their miserable lives so they have to work another 50 years to eat and survive and get rich and live longer yourself.

This is largely what is wrong in this world...especially America where everybody wants to tell everybody else how to live instead of minding their own beeswax and going forward with their own lives...Do you really believe that their is going to a utopian society where there is no oppression and where no money needed and everyone smiles and blows kisses....not going to happen.

Not on earth and not with the human race in charge....the strong want the power over the weak and their is always someone stronger and always a weaker link so stop it and live in the same reality that everyone else does and realize that you are born then you die...PERIOD

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here in America the average life span is between 74-78 years old. For all the crap garbage you can eat or use in this country i'm quite suprised its thats high.

Considering not more then 200 hundred years ago most people didn't see 40. I'd say we are well ahead of the game now. Thats double the life span in 200 years folks.

People need to start blaming themselves for what they do to thier own bodies. Thier is plenty of choices to choose from. Good and bad.

Even with those scary vaccines the parents have a choice to whether or not to have thier children vaccinated.

Everything is a business at least in this country. Believe it or not thier is more money to be made keeping us alive, then to let us die.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Eating food that's good for you and taking the time and money to get it is a choice.

Crap food from a box, geneticalyy modified food, cokes...

Or

Real Food from a garden and grassfed beef, raw milk, wild caught fish etc.

Your choice.

Which will you choose?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
holy drama batman

you have a mind, use it

my kids won't go near soda even in the rare occasion I allow it like new years eve

the information is out there, it hasn't been surpressed, anyone who cares to can live a healthy life

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 15900

Originally posted by Grifter42
So, look around you. You'll see an overpopulated state, with almost religious fervor for consumerism and fast food.
I once tried to talk to you folks about Coca Cola, and how the company oppresses people, but it goes deeper than that.

Why do you think the national beverage is sugar water? Why do you think the All-American meal is full of ingredients that will kill you twenty or thirty years on down the line? They want your best years, and then, they want you to die before you can start collecting retirement. They tested this whole scheme in the inner cities with minorities, and it worked pretty well. African Americans have some of the highest rates of diabetes and heart disease in the nation. Well, they're moving on to other people.

They want a subservient, dumbed down populace, and then they want that populace to drop dead once they're not useful anymore. That's why cigarettes and liquor are still legal. Because they keep the people foggy and out of it, and they kill you down on the line.

We are being bred to work, to shop, and then to die.

Dunno about you, but nobody forces me to drink carbonated sugar water and eat dangerous food. And I'm not sure what cigarettes you are smoking if they make you "foggy", the ones I smoke don't, they just make me smell.

Simple fact is blaming the government is too simplistic, people are able to make choices, but most people will choose the chocolate bar over the banana because they are thick. Same with the adverts, I see the Crapple ads everywhere, and every time I just ignore them.
edit on 2-2-2013 by 15900 because: (no reason given)

This post and the OP are both equally valid. Now, it could be a purposeful conspiracy, or it could just be that garbage food is most profitable and "they" simply don't care if it harms health. It is true that nobody has to choose to eat garbage food, but through ignorance, conditioning, laziness, and ease of access, a large percentage of the populace does, and that is to be expected. If "they" were forcing us, then there would only be processed foods available - you wouldn't be able to grow food, or buy fresh food, let along organic foods.

It could still be a purposeful conspiracy if they know that, from the various factors, x% will EST mcD's type food regularly, x% will eat a high percentage of processed junk, x% will eat "ok" foods primarily, and a small percentage will EST natural/organic foods. You never need 100% participation or belief for a conspiracy to be effective.

Generally, food quality trends with income level, but not entirely. My family and I went through a period where our household monthly income was roughly equal to the mortgage payment. As savings dwindled, we chose to give up forms of entertainment requiring expenditure, turnxed the heat/AC down, got rid of our cable for awhile, and changed our diet toward more of the less expensive foods (ex, no more lamb chops or steaks every few weeks.) we did, however, continue to eat natural foods. Not necessarily organic (in some cases we never stray, such as milk/eggs), but natural, fresh foods.

In reality, the cost wasn't all that prohibitive, especially once you learn to buy and make in the right proportions. My point being, it isn't entirely more money = better food, but it is easier to EST better with more money, and easier to eat garbage with less money (especially when one is a 60-minute walk away from decent groceries, as is the case for many in the inner city.) heck, my in-laws live in a sparsely populated area of the country, where people hunt and fish, and have great natural protein sources that way, but their stores, unless they go for a 3+ hour drive, don't have very good options for esting natural foods.

Is it a conspiracy? Maybe, or just an abusive marketplace aiming for max dollar despite the costs to human health. And yes, we do have the choice, more or less regardless of income level, but that choice has influences, and we have to remember, not everyone is necessarily raised equipped to think beyond what the television tells them. Eventually, that's their problem and responsibility. Personally, I think maybe we could spend a billion dollars less on hookers and illicit substances for senators, weapons, etc., and put that money toward educating the populace with the truth about foods, and it would pay enormous dividends. Or heck, throw a tax similar to the cigarette tax (I believe around 700% where I live) on garbage foods, then use that tax money to fund universal healthcare coverage. We would spend slot less if people would stop giving themselves diabetes.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
They don't make that junk to kill us. They make it to make money. We don't buy; they don't make.
It's paranoid to think it's a planned conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Another thread full of gross exaggeration. 10 cheeseburgers for 5 bucks? A head of lettuce is 3 bucks? Where in the heck are you shopping?

I could I get guess 10 burgers for 10 bucks off some dollar menu. Not that I would eat 10 at one sitting - and I don't personally know anyone who could. And let's see.. google up an ad.. here we go.. King Soopers.. 10 romaine for 10 bucks. Normal head for 1 buck. I don't think I've ever paid more than say, 1.29 for a head of lettuce, anywhere.

It's simple tactics like that where people like you try to make your argument. I guess if it really was 3 bucks a head, and you really -could- get 10 burgers for 5 bucks.. maybe you'd be on to something. But you are wrong on both counts.

The reality? It's not food that kills folks. It's partially diet, but it's mostly lack of exercise. When I go to the gym at my complex, which houses around 1200 to 1500 people, it's often EMPTY. If I do see someone, it's the same 4 or 5 people I always see there. Easy transit, sit-down jobs and catchy home entertainment is why people are fat. It's a new thing really - until recently, humans in America and other countries where obesity is prevalent, this sort of lifestyle is actually fairly new. In the grand evolution of humans, they need to learn to evolve again, to conform to their new style of life. And it will happen, you see increasing attempts to make people healthy all the time. My work enforces health living - there are probably 2 overweight people in my entire office.

As far as reality - most people eat out a few times a week, eat some simple but not great health-wise meals a few times a week, and then eat maybe one or two decent meals. And if they exercised regularly, that would probably be just fine. The government doesn't force anyone to eat anything. Corporations aren't trying to fatten you up and kill you either - they just want your money, thank you very much. It's your choice to give it to them, not theirs.

But saying the government is trying to kill us right at retirement is ridiculous. They are the ones who actually forced fast food restaurants to be more forthcoming with the nutritional value of their food. They try to put a sin tax on bad foods (which they get yelled at for doing - proving they can't win no matter what they do).

But regardless, making these types of arguments with biased, incorrect, misleading facts won't make your case. It's funny you think that the government is trying to kill us, when it's employees and employers that fill the SS coffers - not the government.
edit on 3-2-2013 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
reply to post by paraphi

I wasnt born in the U.S, i never recieved any of these "life saving" vaccines.

Been alive many years now....STILL...no polio, etc...etc...
regards
edit on 2-2-2013 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

Om, i'm against vaccines for rapidly-mutsting, not-highly lethal or crippling diseases like influenza, chicken pox, etc., but polio, smallpox, etc., those were worthwile vaccines. And FYI, none of those big ones (measles, mumps, rubella, polio, etc.) have a 100% infection rate. So while you may not have had them, that is to be expected - infection rates are rather low. I don't think vaccines for such should be required, just saying the absence of infection, coupled with the absence of vaccination, is typical. The idea being, you wouldn't want to be one of the few who fallls prey to polio.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I sometimes don't understand why we the people simply accept this tyranny and not fighting back against it, we should be out on the streets fighting for our right till death to live freely and not be led by these machines whom only care about using us for their own agendas, guiding our lives into misery and pain and manipulating our minds and turning us into blind followers of a system that represents everything which is against humanity.

I don't understand why we keep on letting this happen.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Well I don’t drink that stuff and nobody is every going to force you to drink it so I really don’t see the conspiracy.

If its really that bad move to Scotland, we have Iran Bru, it really does have Iron and sugar in it…..

Or whisky.

both are really really good for you.... kinda....
edit on 2-2-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

This argument is irrelevant to the thread because whilst you, as an individual, may not eat or drink these things, there are millions of people who do, so the agenda is still being carried out.

Threads like these are in a general context, not to be taken personally or reflect what YOU do, it is talking in general.

Of course, I'm sure deep down you are aware of this.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Did any body ever think we eat junk because we like it, and there's lots of money to made selling it. It's about the money. Big business don't want you to die, they want your money. Can't get money out of a dead man.

I find it insanely funny. Key word insane here. People who are very concerned about independent living. Adamantly rejecting any perceived manipulative control of behavior, are so ready to blame any poor choices we make on those who would wish to enslave us. All the tough independence, and they ain't going to get me, and boom you're done in right away by a sugary drink you couldn't resist. Does anyone really believe that McDonalds's main agenda is to kill their customers?

The really sad part of this is that there are real agendas out there to misdirect and manipulate people, and it is a very serious concern, But these flights of fancy distract from these real issues. And in this the Powers that be couldn't be more successful Keep playing into their hand and fulfill your own prophecy.

I think the one thing missing in in these really far out conspiracies is that it is about the money. The elite, have most of the money already, and they want it all. And they are doing pretty good because they got you guys busting all the ground for 'em.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I have one question that I would like you to answer. Why are people living longer than ever before
and every year people live longer and longer?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Also who are the people behind this conspiracy. From
What I see, many of the alleged PTB also consume the same products we do. Unless of course the Vegan's are the actual PTB!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The thing about all this is that you still have a choice.No one is pouring sugar water down anyone's throats or making them eat fake food. People choose to do so. And others choose to chase the dollar in anyway they can too. Maybe it's just natural selection at work and not a mysterious cabal.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

uve got it so wrong its funny actually. we humans are where we are supposed to be. they've been watching us since we where 3rd density. actually even before that. stop worrying and live ur magnificent life u have given to you.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88

I have one question that I would like you to answer. Why are people living longer than ever before
and every year people live longer and longer?

Because of Sanitation and hygiene practices. Of course it depends on what you call living too. Being 80 or 90 with no ambition no future little ability to do many things that make us human or perhaps being invalid or near invalid etc is not what I would call Living. Granted not all people that age are like that some still have their drive and ambitions and pursue it but the vast majority do not and I suspect it has always been that way we just have better tracking and reporting these days.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye

I sometimes don't understand why we the people simply accept this tyranny and not fighting back against it, we should be out on the streets fighting for our right till death to live freely and not be led by these machines whom only care about using us for their own agendas, guiding our lives into misery and pain and manipulating our minds and turning us into blind followers of a system that represents everything which is against humanity.

I don't understand why we keep on letting this happen.

I am fighting back!

I fight back by supporting (through buying) from local farmers. Things like grassfed beef and raw cow and goat milk. I fight back by taking the bones and sinew of said animals and making my own bone broth, then talking that and making my own soup with beets and carrots I grow myself. Soup from a can? YUCK. I don't know how I ever ate that garbage.

You don't have to be politically active or make a huge fuss to fight back. Fight back with your wallet. Buy locally grown food. Grow some of your own. Eat beef from cows that have never seen antibiotics and ate grass their whole lives like cows are supposed to. Stop buying brightly coloured garbage in boxes and cans from the grocery store.

I've said it before but it's worth repeating: we have grown accostomed to spending a very small % of our income on food. I used to think I was spending too much on Real Food organically grown and grassfed. Then I used the governments own inflation calculator. As it turns out I am spending LESS, on a % basis, what my grandparents and great grandparent did before 1940! That made me feel ALOT better. In fact, I am spening substantially less on locally produced pastured eggs than my grandparents did!

It all started when I was listening to a Jack Benny radio show from thanksgiving of 1940. Jack was complaining on how much the turkey was costing him (One of Jacks "hooks" was being cheap). I thought "that's nothing. My grassfed turkey is $60 bucks". Then I used the inflation calculator goiong back to 1940. Danged if I was spening what Jack Benny did back then when accounting for inflation!

So I took that turkey carcass (which was the BEST turkey I've ever had) and simmered it in a big pot for a coiuple of days, bones and all. I just took that stock that I had froze and made some soup.

SO FIGHT BACK with your wallet and don't eat the sheep-chow they are trying to feed you!!

edit on 3-2-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2013 by davjan4 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I can't tell you how many times I have tried to tell family members about food. I encourage them to read the ingredients, avoid certain things, etc. What do they say in response? Nothing, they just laugh. We recently had a babye (he's 2 now). We only feed him organic foods (real organic, not USDA certified or whatever BS there is). He eats fruits, veggies, rice, beans (real food not chicken nuggets and candy.) Response from the family? They say we are being unreasonable, particularly about the vaccine schedule. Luckily, I couldnt care less what those sheep say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join