It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey urging Syria To Attack Israel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
www.ynetnews.com...

Erdogan is upset that Syria has yet to respond to Israels attacki last week.
"En route to conference in presence of Defense Minister Ehud Barak, Turkish foreign minister slams Syria's inaction after alleged Israeli strike: Why can't Assad do anything against Israel?; says his country will not stand by when a Muslim country is attacked " Well. we now have Russia, Iran and Turkey talking about the bad boys in Israel. Erdogan is of course correct in saying they should have responded during the attack as now Israel will continue to attack when the whim hits them with impunity. Syria does have a somewhat capable anti air defense that could have at least made an attempt at downing one of Israels planes. They were certainly within their rights to do so. Oh well, maybe next time.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Turkey are probably trying to work out why Syria would attack their jets but not the Israelis

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I very much doubt Assad would even think about attempting to strike Israel, considering he is already fighting who knows how many terrorist groups backed by America and Israel. Turkey should just annihilate Israel themselves and get it over with, would help Syria out no end.

But then that would almost guarantee Turkey being invaded by most of Europe. Cant see it happening myself.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Funny, but you could be right. Or, Erdogan would like Assad to retalliate to open up a little regional war that would surly end with the removal of Assad.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
I very much doubt Assad would even think about attempting to strike Israel, considering he is already fighting who knows how many terrorist groups backed by America and Israel. Turkey should just annihilate Israel themselves and get it over with, would help Syria out no end.

But then that would almost guarantee Turkey being invaded by most of Europe. Cant see it happening myself.

Last time anyone tried that, we spent the next 90 years listening to Australians whinge (even though they lost less than the other nations involved). A better idea is to just let them wipe eachother out. Withdraw all military aid to countries there and let them have at it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Apparently Assad isnt as big an idiot as the US and Israel thinks he is. Israel is acting like a woman trying to provoke a man into hitting her so she can report him to her big brother (The US) but Syria isnt falling for it, at least not this time.
I dont know why Turkey said what they said anyway, they have pretty much turned against Assad.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 15900

Yeah but its not longer the Ottoman Empire, and the American Empire and the EU are not going to allow Turkey to destroy Israel in support of Syria.

Just never going to happen, more than likely we will bribe them to shut up about Israel and just keep all that cheap Russian Gas flowing though the Bosphorus.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This is all propaganda talk.
Pro-Assad guys say that Israel, Zionists and rest of the eeeeevil guys try to remove Assad with help of Turkey.
Anti-Assad guys now return the same card stating that Assad is helping Israel,Zionist and rest of eeeevil guys.
Usual Middle-Eastern rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
There is one force on this planet that could unite that entire region.

Israel.

The one thing that makes all of this possible, is the weakness the USA has displayed under the current administration.

Islamic sects, and countries in the region will unite against an aggressive Israel lashing out from within its borders against other countries in the region. They are that hated, and that hate is universal.... There are elements at play here that are working to form a united front against Israel, and working to provoke the aggression that can make all of this happen. Even the rebels in Syria would unite with the Syrian army in a war with Israel.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
I very much doubt Assad would even think about attempting to strike Israel,

Don't underestimate Assad's ability to launch a major attack on Israel, if he and his regime are about to fall.

That could be an orchestrated regime change, and would make anything possible. When you have nothing to lose, what restraints are there preventing it?

People will never understand the complexity of the great plan at play here, but they will eventually see how it plays out....

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I would say they didn't respond because they can't afford to fight the rebels and Israel. I mean if the FSA had Israel bombarding the Syrian military Syria would fall within a day or so. That is probably why Israel had no problem bombing them.. that and the fact that Syria didn't respond the last time Israel bombed them back in 2007,

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

To me it sounded more like Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu was mocking Assad.

"Why didn't the Syrian Army, which has been attacking its own innocent people for 22 months now from the air with jets and by land with tanks and artillery fire, respond to Israel's operation?

Why can't Assad, who gave order to fire SCUD missiles at Aleppo, do anything against Israel?" Davutoglu added.

link

edit on 2-2-2013 by UmbraSumus because: to add link

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think when taken in context he isn't urging Syria to attack Israel but he is highlighting the contradictions of the Assad regime in the sense that they will gladly use the military to slaughter its own people but not to defend the state of Syria from foreign aggression.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 15900

Last time anyone tried that, we spent the next 90 years listening to Australians whinge (even though they lost less than the other nations involved).

Strange, I've never heard an Australian whinge in my years here about Gallipoli. Considering it was a complete cluster f**k by a UK military leader, I'd say we were within our right to complain too.
Infact, Australia and New Zealand CELEBRATE their history on ANZAC day, which is purely set because of our defeat on that day. We look at that day with pride and respect, not because we lost but because when we were asked, we stood up and took a beating for the greater good. We proved ourselves ready, willing and able to fight against a stronger enemy on his territory!
respect is earned, Australia and New Zealand earned it.
Decency and common sense is free, clearly some are yet to acquire it.

Also, we infact lost the 3rd most in that battle (consider we had a population of 5million and the UK 45million) I'd say we earned our right to stand up for ANZAC and Gallipoli!

Uk 21,000
France 9,798
Australia 8,709
New Zealand 2,721
British India 1,358
– Newfoundland 49
edit on 4-2-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind if Israel and Syria attack each other. It would be much easier for the rebels to take down Assad(and his shias) if the Israel and Syria fight each other.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
the rebels already stated they will attack Israel after they topple Assad. Many of the rebels are Islamists.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99
the rebels already stated they will attack Israel after they topple Assad. Many of the rebels are Islamists.

The one thing that Assad and the rebels could agree on would be the destruction of Israel.

Sunnis and Shiites/Alawites would set aside their differences and unite in a war with Israel.

Assad and Ahmadinejad along with the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt are considering this as a strategy, IF Israel strikes out unilaterally on Iran, and/or any Muslim countries in the region.

They have been forced to hold back this long, pray they can be held back for at least another month.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I'm surprised that Assad has hung on this long,frankly.If I were a Syrian pilot I'd defect to the nearest friendly Arab state.If the rebels succeed those pilots who dropped bombs on them are dead meat.Turkey has been making lots of hostile noise lately that disturbs me.When NATO accepted them it was because they were a secular regime at that time.Now after challenging Israel and dissing Syria all have a Islamic call to arms fever.I thought Turkey in NATO was a mistake and now its obvious.And we reward the Turks with the patriot system because a couple of stray rebel shells?Wtf NATO?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Turkey are probably trying to work out why Syria would attack their jets but not the Israelis

Erdugan has shown for long that he is US puppet.

He is the one who is letting missile shield be installed in his country.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Apparently Assad isnt as big an idiot as the US and Israel thinks he is. Israel is acting like a woman trying to provoke a man into hitting her so she can report him to her big brother (The US) but Syria isnt falling for it, at least not this time.
I dont know why Turkey said what they said anyway, they have pretty much turned against Assad.

Israel isnt trying to provoke anyone. Look at the targets they hit. Anti air comming into lebanon. and a nerve gas plant that looks like it could be used against them if Assad falls. Those are preemptive and defencive strikes. Now I am just saying this from a tactical point of view not political.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join