It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 53% Say Govt Threatens Freedoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

www.breitbart.com...

According to a new Pew Research poll, Americans are increasingly worried about the federal government violating their rights. The survey, conducted January 9-13, showed that 53 percent of Americans believe that the federal government “threatens their own personal rights and freedoms,” with 43 percent disagreeing.

I think it would be interesting if there was an ATS poll with these questions.

Here's the best part, something ATS'ers might enjoy most.

Amazingly, minorities trust the government more than whites do; just 20 percent of whites trust the government to do the right thing always or most of the time, but 38 percent of blacks and 44 percent of Hispanics do.

I don't want to play the 'race card' here, but I'm sure it helps that the President is 'African American?' and that he appeals to immigrants and illegals through his policies and rhetoric. Call me crazy lol.

Overall, Americans know that the Constitution still works. And they still believe that government is the greatest threat to their rights. As the Obama administration expands the size and scope of government, so too do they expand the threat to those rights.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Where were these 53% in November when the nation returned virtually all the incumbents to Washington DC? Considering the consistently low turnover rate, where were they in every past national election?

Campaign finance reform NOW is the only thing which can save this nation by at least opening the door to the possibility of a viable third party candidate who doesn't require the massive money machine of the parties and the vast asskissing of the media.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I'm sure this thread will turn into a "minorities are dumb her dur durr" thread.

I don't know what kind of minorities these people interviewed. Some black people might like Obama but surely not the federal government, especially since all it does is represent elite white male capitalist interests 99% of the time.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Where were these 53% in November when the nation returned virtually all the incumbents to Washington DC? Considering the consistently low turnover rate, where were they in every past national election?

Campaign finance reform NOW is the only thing which can save this nation by at least opening the door to the possibility of a viable third party candidate who doesn't require the massive money machine of the parties and the vast asskissing of the media.

I think a lot of people's cages were rattled when word of 'gun control' and the supposed threat of 'taking away our guns' came into the picture.

I think there's a lot more that needs to take place in order to 'save this nation' than simple campaign finance reform. I'm thinking, term limits on congress. Reconstruction of our tax codes and loopholes. But I guess, it really all does boil down to voting, for none of this can take place with out the right people in there.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Who cares if the federals violate the 1st, 2nd, 4th and every other amendment? HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT THEY GIVE US FREE PHONES?!?!?!?

I mean .... after all .... let's get our priorities straight .... ok?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Are you referring to the 53% that was "voting" on DIEBOLD and similar voting machines? Are you referring to the "vote" where exit polling surveys were not even close to reported results?

That "voting"?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
View any poll with a bit of a skeptics eye, cause you can get a poll to reflect just about anything at any time. It is not the numbers, but the questions that are usually suspect.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature

www.breitbart.com...

You got the information from BaitBart.com? Congrats.

Amazingly, minorities trust the government more than whites do; just 20 percent of whites trust the government to do the right thing always or most of the time, but 38 percent of blacks and 44 percent of Hispanics do.

I don't want to play the 'race card' here, but I'm sure it helps that the President is 'African American?' and that he appeals to immigrants and illegals through his policies and rhetoric. Call me crazy lol.

Crazy.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter
Who cares if the federals violate the 1st, 2nd, 4th and every other amendment? HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT THEY GIVE US FREE PHONES?!?!?!?

I'd call you a liar but my wife got a FREE iPhone from her cell company just a few months ago. Guess if they can't sell the dang things they are giving them away....and appears to be buying them suckers.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by jcarpenter

I'd call you a liar but my wife got a FREE iPhone from her cell company just a few months ago. Guess if they can't sell the dang things they are giving them away....and appears to be buying them suckers.

He is talking about the infamous "reagan-phones"
A lot of people blame Obama baiting poor voters by slashing government spending they benefit from (giving them cheap mobiles instead of expensive landlines)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well... duh. Restricting freedom is what governments do. They always have and they always will. It's why they were invented in the first place. If you want true freedom, you cannot have a government. It is impossible for the two to coexist.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedog1973

Originally posted by retirednature

www.breitbart.com...

You got the information from BaitBart.com? Congrats.

Crazy.

You now got this information from ATS.com? Congrats.

You're right, nobody voted for Obama because he was black, or because of his appealing to minorities. This has no role as to why any of them may have more trust in him or the federal government in which he heads.

crazy

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Only 53%? If we believe these results we must conclude that 47% of the country is oblivious.

It doesn’t surprise me that minorities are most trusting of the government. As a percentage, minorities receive far more in the form of aid/assistance from the government than whites. They don’t want to bite the hand that feeds them. Isn’t it this administration that has instructions on its website for illegal immigrants on how to get government assistance as soon as they cross the Rio? Of course they love the fed...this is by design!

A website run by the federal government (“WelcomeToUSA.gov“) encourages new immigrants to the United States to apply for welfare benefits. This website is run by the Department of Homeland Security and it says that it “is the U.S. Government’s official web portal for new immigrants.” So your tax dollars were used to build and maintain a website that teaches immigrants how to come into this country and sponge a living off of federal welfare programs paid for by your tax dollars.
link

S&F

edit on 2-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join