It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautyofperil welcomes you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Hey to everybody reading this hope you day is fine and that you are happy in life. I am beautyofperil, I feel the username means things such as sporting events match ups and the perils that the athletes face and how beautiful the entertainment is, that life as we know it has come to what it is through all of it perils and of course nature in all its violent glory.
To speculate on the last meaning given what I mean is that everywhere you look violence is in nature from the beautiful burning violence of our sun and other cosmic anomalies to the most simple form of violence like rain hitting the ground.
I joined because I am trying to quit smoking and wish to occupy my mind with writing instead of indulging in my habit. I find it helps.
edit on 2-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

Good for you two fold.

1. Quitting smoking.

2. Joining ATS.

In that order.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

everywhere you look violence is in nature from the beautiful burning violence of our sun and other cosmic anomalies to the most simple form of violence like rain hitting the ground.

Finding beauty in the dissonance. ~Tool

So what are some of the conspiracy theories that interest you?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you, I could not agree more.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

O wow thats you! (didnt notice your name till after I replied.) I'm honoured you posted in my thread as your my inspiration to write great threads, however, I only plan on writing short stories.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Definitely Aliens, Ancient cultures and World War 3. I'm more of a hippie than a barbarian though.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Definitely Aliens, Ancient cultures and World War 3.

Plenty of that here for you! Be sure to click those links in Slayer69's signature!

My favorite topic matters are philosophy, religions, and social justice. I am interested in most conspiracy theories but currently mostly medical related! Crop circles peaked my interest again recently too.

I'm more of a hippie than a barbarian though.

Me too

And welcome to ATS.
edit on 2-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I see well that is cool and I appreciate you sharing that. If your curious about my stance on religion, I actually want help in that aspect. I'm on the fence and would like to believe in god but the only godly thing to me is consciousness and that's something I feel has been and always will be. There was never a creation and only change. I'm sure I could of worded that differently but that's the easiest way to sum up my beliefs in something of that nature, but I don't fully understand religion myself. I've never been to church or prayed and I feel sorry for kids who are thrust into it, they deserve a choice. Religion does not deserve to be blamed for wars though, its always the people. We were predators/barbarians long before Religion was around and we will be predators/barbarians long after its gone. Violence is where ever you look.

So in the help aspect I'm a _______? Atheist? Neutral entity? Idiot?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I am myself anti-religious. I enjoy reading them and studying them. Partly so I have knowledge to debate and partly just because it's really fascinating.

I consider myself a Deist. Which is more of a position about God and "its" relationship with the physical universe. Doesn't really address the nature of God "itself". Perhaps you fit inline with deism?

Deism

Imagining the nature of God itself is profoundly difficult when you forsake religion. As you no longer have definitive descriptions. But I think that's a good thing! Any ways I agree with you about consciousness. To me consciousness seems not only important but fundamentally the answer to the question. Maybe we are all fictional characters in God's imagination

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Well I was not aware of Deism until now, thank you, I don't think that is quite it. As I believe I'm a living miracle and that miracles explain everything that religion can or does. It's no miracle to me however, when we dead, we dead. Back to the earth in which came. Recycled goods, junk parts, no longer part of consciousness and never to be heard from again. I'm just gonna go with not religious.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

To me religion means dogma, and has little to do with God. For instance I am non-religious and Deist. Hmm maybe something more like this? Pantheism

Pantheism is the view that the natural universe is divine, the proper object of reverence; or the view that the natural universe is pervaded with divinity. Negatively, it is the idea that we do not need to look beyond the universe for the proper object of ultimate respect.

When we say that the cosmos is divine, we mean it with just as much conviction and emotion as believers say that their god is God. But we are not making a metaphysical statement that is beyond proof or disproof. We are making an ethical statement that means no more, and no less, than this: We should relate to the universe in the same way as believers in God relate to God. That is, with humility, awe, reverence, celebration and the search for deeper understanding.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

That seems pretty accurate!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Omg thank you for posting this! I had no idea I was doing wrong things like changing swears word letters with *. Lol I swear like a sailor in person! I may of missed out on a applause!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hey there Beauty of Peril,i noticed your name and like it a lot.My first thought was fire-or as i feel it to be more accurate,spirit of fire.Beautiful.Welcome to ATS,and i wish you all the best in quitting,i really hope you can manage to.Ive got to read the zombie stories you wrote,should be fun:-)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
beautyofperil
Welcome to ATS..Your going to love it here..I hope to see you in the main forum soon ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Thanks for the warm welcome! And your opinion is a very strong one indeed regarding my name, I like it very much and I hope you thoroughly enjoy my stories.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thanks! And perhaps you should check out this thread of mine

Lost History

top topics

join