It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you count dimensions?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Angle

Angle...as far as Time...it is considered as a Dimension as it is not just Space...but Space/Time as one cannot exist without the other.

Split Infinity

Time and space are imagined because you will never escape now. All time is projected from now (in imagination). If there is no time - there is also no space.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Well, itisnowagain.

Isn't, there just one dimension?

And this dimension... hn.. is harmonious.

It can be investigated, and therein lies dimensions.

The first time I mentioned dimension you can read it as if I meant reality.

Dead man hanging

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

I will break down your question to the very smallest base parts. You ask if a definition is Matter or Energy.

Believe it or not this has an answer.

Since a definition is a determined descriptive fact of a things existence...it must be born into existence by conscious thought. Such thought is a Quantum Action that occurs within our brain as this word and the stored knowledge of what it is...is a tangible construct involving both the Matter of our Brains Neurons as well as the Quantum Energy that runs through them.

Thus on the very smallest level the meaning of a Word is an actual tangible thing. Even though both Matter and Energy have both created this as well as store this...Matter is at it's very smallest base parts...Completely comprised of Quantum Particle/Wave Forms.

So the answer is...ENERGY.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Well, itisnowagain.

Isn't, there just one dimension?

And this dimension... hn.. is harmonious.

It can be investigated, and therein lies dimensions.

The first time I mentioned dimension you can read it as if I meant reality.

Dead man hanging

I thought you said there can be 11. No one can count the dimensions until you tell us what you mean by dimension. You say above that 'there is one dimension' and follow it with a question mark. And then go on to say 'it can be investigated - therein lies the dimensions' (plural).

Then you say the first time you mentioned 'dimension' you meant reality.

So is the question 'how do you count the realities?'

I am confused by all this.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate
An action by an enemy might help you even though its intent was to hurt you.

That could be on one dimension-- it helped you

Or it could be on another dimension--your enemy took action

I think the word LEVEL would be a better one to use in your statements.

Dimension doesn't seem to work very well.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hundreds of millions of years ago when life had only the sense of smell/taste, there was only one spacial dimension-- closer or farther.

Now we have eyes and minds and there are three spacial and one temporal.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

If you want my trousers, I'll give you my pants also man..

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Then matter is energy as well.

Also the definition exsists outside of the brain, in writing. Does a page of scribbling have less energy than a page with writing?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Your statement is incorrect and I can prove it to be so.

When the space shuttle went into orbit on a specific mission...two Atomic Clocks that were set to the exact same time were used to prove that Forward Time Travel can be done.

One clock was placed in the shuttle and one was left on Earth. The shuttle went into orbit and traveling at over 18,000 miles per hour at a distance away from the Gravity Well created by Earths Mass...continued to orbit for 10 days and returned to Earth.

When the two clocks were compared it was found that the Shuttles clock was a tiny bit behind in time. Thus it was proven that if one were to travel fast enough away from a Gravity Well that the created Time Dilation allowed the Astronauts to jump forward in time a tiny amount.

If they were to travel faster and further....more time of a greater amount would pass upon Earth then the time the Astronauts experienced thus at great distances and velocitys...they could jump in time many years.

This is why your statement is incorrect.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

One Dimensionality is a state in which all points of position will be the same point.

Gravity is an expression of One Dimensionality and a Black Hole is an ultimate example of One Dimensionality as at it's center is a Singularity.

No matter can exist in a One Dimensional Universe.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Clock hands move but they do so presently.
Look at your watch and see the hands moving and ask yourself 'am i moving away from the present?'

Gravity changes the speed things move. Things move presently.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Which ever page has the greater Mass as well as any Static Elecrical Buildup will have the greates quantity of Energy.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

If you want my trousers, I'll give you my pants also man..

Thank you.
This explains it all.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

The Present is always in the Now thus one can never move away from it.

Your other statement about how gravity speeds things up applies exactly how to our conversation?

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

The Present is always in the Now thus one can never move away from it.

Split Infinity

This is what i said - no one can escape now so time is a projection in mind.
Is it wrong?

The present is not in the now. The present is another word for now.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Dimension is derived from Latin, not Greek or Egyptian from where geometry comes from.

Origin of DIMENSION

Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin dimension-, dimensio, from dimetiri to measure out, from dis- + metiri to measure — more at measure
First Known Use: 14th century

Definition of Dimension

a (1) : measure in one direction; specifically : one of three coordinates determining a position in space or four coordinates determining a position in space and time (2) : one of a group of properties whose number is necessary and sufficient to determine uniquely each element of a system of usually mathematical entities (as an aggregate of points in real or abstract space) ; also : a parameter or coordinate variable assigned to such a property (3) : the number of elements in a basis of a vector space
b : the quality of spatial extension : magnitude, size
c : a lifelike or realistic quality
d : the range over which or the degree to which something extends : scope —usually used in plural
e : one of the elements or factors making up a complete personality or entity : aspect

obsolete : bodily form or proportions

: any of the fundamental units (as of mass, length, or time) on which a derived unit is based; also : the power of such a unit

: wood or stone cut to pieces of specified size

: a level of existence or consciousness

www.merriam-webster.com...

1 c,d,e and 5 apply

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Well tell that to a Radioactive Isotopes that is emmitting Neutrons as they decay.

We see time as Linear...thus we percieve beginnings and endings.

In a Multiversal System...each independent Divergent Universal State specific to a group...would have time as Concurrent thus Past...Present and Future all at the same time dependent upon which Divergent Universal State we veiw.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Well tell that to a Radioactive Isotopes that is emmitting Neutrons as they decay.

We see time as Linear...thus we percieve beginnings and endings.

In a Multiversal System...each independent Divergent Universal State specific to a group...would have time as Concurrent thus Past...Present and Future all at the same time dependent upon which Divergent Universal State we veiw.

Split Infinity

Tell what?? You can never escape now??

You say ';we see time as linear' but if you investigate - as you said you never move away from now. The mind imagines time so it can plan it's life in a pretend stage show but it does so presently.
Nothing can appear any other time than now.

"Radioactive Isotopes emmit Neutrons as they decay."
Change and movement appear to happen but they do so presently.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
before many communicating in this op took on your current 3d forms what where you? Say when this SOL system was being designed as well as the STAR SOL what or where were you then if you were present in the Nebula that made this SOL system... back then. what dimension where you in? If you were present basing the fact humans and others are made from STARS materials another perspective.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join