It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you count dimensions?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by Itisnowagain

But if the stranger decided to chase me down and fight back, then I would respect him enough to give him a good fight. One which he would undoubtedly lose even if he could convince himself that he 'won'.

What if the stranger was wise enough not to bother engaging with someone so disrespectful and turned the other cheek? If he were smart he would realize that the person was so blinded by their own ignorance that it would be impossible to reason with him any way.
edit on 2-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't think we will ever have the answer to your question. I believe dimensions are granted as a soul enlightens in the after life. Animals are on a lower dimension or vibration rate than humans. Angels are on a much higher vibration than humans and so on.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

To 1 dimensions are like shells above and below the reality you are most aware of. Which is 3rd as of now for we are communicating on 3d plain as of now. 1 does not know if you can be aware of dimensions higher or lower then already experienced and experiencing. So to place 3d numbers is somewhat only relating the "unknown entire" to what is understood from this 3d perspective.

Now if others interact with you from higher or lower dimensions and TEACH you then you may find ways to obtain better data related to the question within the OP. But you still with requesting those questions / datas if not aware may place your will in range of those you are trusting to teach you..

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Outside of math there is only one dimension—the one we exist and walk around in. Dimensions are abstract spaces which don't exist apart from math or outsides the minds of men. There's no need to even consider them.

edit on 2-2-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My question is: What are the least amount of dimensions needed to make one reality?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

If we get all the people in New Zealand to use it, when they zap across to the west again we'll know !

But we do zap around. By jet plane. What used to take months or years now only takes hours. A time saving machine, a "time machine".

You also project your thoughts across the world instantly. By cell voice or other means. Here, I'll demonstrate.

"Type type type".... see?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here's how I count dimensions...

First there's the timeless radial dimension defined by 0 and infinity. Then x, y, z... etc. By using the spiral of Theodorus (aka the "root spiral") one can project an infinitude of dimensions. Below a pic showing dual root spirals and various mathematical interactions using projective trigonometry. This uses the same geometry as my RGcalc though I haven't added the spiral to it yet.

edit on 2/2/2013 by circlemaker because: updated image

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

10 dimensions explained.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
My question is: What are the least amount of dimensions needed to make one reality?

You would of least need 1.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I second what LesMisanthrope said. Dis pleases me.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Hn, interesting replies. Thx for giving me thoughts.

+ we have the discussion between itisnowagain and... who's the other again.

yeah, pagefilling. It's probably nothing.. I don't need to care.

thx all for participation, may it continiue if it needs to.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

A dimension is any continuum, usually represented by a line, that can be assigned a numerical value.

Any quality that can vary in a way that can be assigned a number corresponding to its amount of variation can be treated as a dimension in mathematics.

Qualities that can't be quantified can still be dimensions, but can't be put directly into equations.

If you are starting from scratch, any difference between two things can be on the same dimension or two different dimensions.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

Uh...wait a second.

I think I have an issue with the last line of your post.

Perhaps you could redefine or restate this as it is incorrect...however perhaps you ment something else?

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

I was asking the person who posted the thread what a dimension is because it is their thread and i want to assertain what they are talking about.
I am not sure where Angle is coming from.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate

A dimension is any continuum, usually represented by a line, that can be assigned a numerical value.

Any quality that can vary in a way that can be assigned a number corresponding to its amount of variation can be treated as a dimension in mathematics.

Qualities that can't be quantified can still be dimensions, but can't be put directly into equations.

If you are starting from scratch, any difference between two things can be on the same dimension or two different dimensions.

OK...since you have not replied I will tell you why you are wrong.

As far as your last sentense above...you state that the difference between two things can be on the same dimension or two different ones.

First of all...the word Dimension is just a term of Geometry and to say a different Dimension is not stating such as a Different Universal State.

Since a thing must be classified as either Matter or Energy....and since both Matter and Energy cannot exist in any less than a minimum of 10 or 11 Dimensional States....your last statement is neither true nor does it make sense.

In fact a THING as this words definition exists...cannot even exist in a 3 Dimensional or 4 Dimensional state never mind just one or two....as a disqualifier for 3-D allowing the existence of Matter is lack of Motion or Time thus no matter can exist....4-D is not enough Dimensional states to allow Quanta to exist as both particle and wave...so if you would...please explain your statement.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Read the thread itisnowagain. You will have some clues about what they are. They say time is like a dimension too. It's very interesting.

When I started the thread I was thinking about the very rumoured 'fourth dimension' too but it seems there can be 11. I hope flyersfan gives us some more info about that. It can be very interesting to know where science is at.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Read the thread itisnowagain. You will have some clues about what they are. They say time is like a dimension too. It's very interesting.

When I started the thread I was thinking about the very rumoured 'fourth dimension' too but it seems there can be 11. I hope flyersfan gives us some more info about that. It can be very interesting to know where science is at.

What would you define as a dimension?
I am not interested in what 'they' say - i want your definition as you stated the thread asking 'how do you count the dimensions?'
Where would you look to start your count?

There 'could' be 12.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Since a thing must be classified as either Matter or Energy....and since both Matter and Energy cannot exist in any less than a minimum of 10 or 11 Dimensional States....your last statement is neither true nor does it make sense.

Is the definition of a word matter or energy?

I wasn't talking about physical dimentions specifically, I suppose I misinterpreted the OP.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
An action by an enemy might help you even though its intent was to hurt you.

That could be on one dimension-- it helped you

Or it could be on another dimension--your enemy took action

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Angle...as far as Time...it is considered as a Dimension as it is not just Space...but Space/Time as one cannot exist without the other.

An Atom cannot exist in just 3 Dimensional States as although you need at minimum 10 or 11...without Time as a 4th Dimension to allow MOVEMENT of the Electrons that orbit an Atoms Nucleus...again...Matter cannot exist.

The reason 10 or 11 Dimensional States are needed and there are probably more....is that Matter is completely comprised of Quantum Particle/Wave Forms such as Quarks, Glueons, Leptons, Mesons...etc...and the orbitting Electron or Electrons of an Atomic Nucleus is Quanta as well...and so is Light or Photons.

These various Quanta exist as both Particle and Wave as well as some Blink in and out of our Universal Reality. Quarks do this as they exist within Protons and Neutrons never less than a minimum number and never more than the maximum...but they can exist numerically at minimum or maximum or any number in between.

The Quarks are blinking in and out of Universal Existense and to be able to do this as they are a Virtual Particle they need many more dimensional states than the 3 Dimensions most people believe are the only ones that exist.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join