It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Kill Insects

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Why would you kill moths?

And uh, yeah you're a monster if you go out of you way to kill things for no reason.

I was going to ask the same thing. I love moths! I have some huge interesting looking ones.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Light appears and disappears, or in normal terms, life kills itself (the ourobos).

Animals eat other animals or plant LIFE.

Just breathing kills cells and microscopic life.

All things in the world of light appears and disappear.

Understand that you are NOT the light and all things arise from the formless and then you will realize your immortality.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

no cheese

wait!!!!!
Vegans don't eat cheese?!?!?!?

Wow, I used to think vegans were kind of cool for not eating meat, and eating lots of soy.
But no cheese!?!? That's absolutely crazy. I still think it's noble not to eat meat. But not eating cheese is completely bonkers.

Well now I know why people think vegans are crazy.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Put a mason jar over them, and then slide a piece of paper under the jar.

That doesn't work for angry wasps or quick moving evil spiders!

I chopped a huge hornet in half in mid air (in my personal space/room) with a long metal ruler... both halves twitched for about 5 minutes after (zombie style)... the sting ejected a pool of what I presume was poison.

Fascinating.

PS: I'm not a psycho. It's nature.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Yeah, no single method will work in every circumstance. What else is new?

It's nature, as you say. I've killed my fair share of life. We all have. That doesn't mean we shouldn't go out of our way to avoid it when possible. Everything has its place in the Eternal Alchemy!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
you have no chance of winning

you are out-numbered by staggering proportions.

fwiw, the only insects I kill on sight are yellow jackets mosquitos and ticks

everyone else gets put outside in the garden
edit on 2-2-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Agreed squire!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Just don't kill harvester spiders. They help us and are your friends. The only way they bite you is when you rip of their legs one by one. They make your finger tip swell up a lot and feel like you hit it with a hammer.

My granddaughter had lice and was laying on the couch with me watching tv. When she went home my daughter found she was full of lice. I thought I had lice so combed my hair but only found a little tiny spider and some things that looked like dead dried up lice. I brought that little spider outside and thanked him.
I've made friends with the spiders but will kill one if I have to.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I just came back from a trip to Australia and I was told about a spider that will track you down and follow you and try and kill you if you accidentally mess with it.. I think that is well out of order.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmental

I just came back from a trip to Australia and I was told about a spider that will track you down and follow you and try and kill you if you accidentally mess with it.. I think that is well out of order.

If you mess with those spiders, you better make sure they are dead. Make sure no other spiders see you killing it. They may have the attitude "mess with my friends and you're messing with me" All spiders remember if you try to kill them. Make sure you don't let them get away if you swat at them.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

I kill spiders, because they are just creepy, and I am afraid of them. I find many insects to be creepy as well, and therefore they have to die.

This, in addition to the havoc they can cause, is why i kill bugs and have an exterminator visit regularly. It is also why I'm in a relationship - so someone else is on hand to handle the creepy-crawlies, because I can't.

I have a friend who would get out of her car and move the slugs behind her car out of the way so she wouldn't run them over.

Unfortunately, whatever we do (especially eating) often causes something to die. A number of animals and insects die even when foods that go into a vegan diet are harvested.

We have to weigh our needs and values and determine what comes first and what is reasonable for us - unless you want someone else to make the call for you.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmental

haha no way - what spider was that ? The funnel web ? It can leap at you and survive in a swimming pool with a bubble of air around it, A red back can bite your bum whilst you are on the loo, but a spider that tracks you down and follows you ... come on ...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Hi purplemer

You said, and I quote:

Without insects on our planet our species would soon perish. We need the little fellas to survive. They play an important role in ecology.

I'm not sure I agree with this statement.

I can see that we need bees, because they pollinate the plants and the food crops, but most other insects are in COMPETITION with us.

Insects compete with us for the same food resources that we need. Therefore, I believe the human race will be better off without most insect species.

Most insects are our enemies. They can destroy food crops, and some insect species carry diseases.

The "good" insects are: bees, ladybirds, and the praying mantis.

Ladybirds and the praying mantis are "good" species, because they eat other insects. They are our allies in the war against insects.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hey bug killers... You ever saw 'Star ship Troopers'

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Insects compete with us for the same food resources that we need. Therefore, I believe the human race will be better off without most insect species.

If you wipped out every species that competed with us for resources we would end up wiping ourselves out. Nature competes with nature. But nature also cooperates with nature too...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Hi HelenConway,

You wrote, and I quote:

Then STOP doing it ! It is not rocket science, read about insects, learn how they contribute to this earth. when they cross your path let them be or put them outside. Really it is that simple. Try NOT to kill them.

We have to kill insects, because they are our enemies.

Insects compete with us for the same food resources that we need to survive. Just ask any farmer.

There is a war going on between us and the insects. I get the impression you are not aware of this war. Maybe you are too shielded off from this war, or too naive to understand that this war is going on right now.

I am a warrior/soldier in this war, and I fight on the side of the humans. Which side are you on?

The odds are stacked highly against us, because the humans are hugely outnumbered by the insects. For every human, there are 200 million insects. Just think about that! How long will it take you to kill 200 million insects?

In order to win this war against the insects, each and every person must kill 200 million insects. Our enemy has the numbers on their side, and they breed a lot faster than humans can.

SOURCES:

1.) From Encyclopedia Smithsonian (link) :

Recent figures indicate that there are more than 200 million insects for each human on the planet!

2.) From wiki.answers.com (link) :

based upon the accuracy of the available measurements, we can say that there are between 150 million and 1.5 billion insects for every man, woman, and child.

Note:
Just do a Google search to find many more sources on how many insects there really are.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by QMask
reply to post by purplemer

Hi purplemer

You said, and I quote:

Without insects on our planet our species would soon perish. We need the little fellas to survive. They play an important role in ecology.

I'm not sure I agree with this statement.

Most insects are our enemies. They can destroy food crops, and some insect species carry diseases.

The "good" insects are: bees, ladybirds, and the praying mantis.

Ladybirds and the praying mantis are "good" species, because they eat other insects. They are our allies in the war against insects.

Purplemer is correct.

However you are certainly not allowing the truth or the facts to get in the way of your prejudices.

You want an excuse to go on needlessly slaughtering small creatures, practically everyone on this thread had advised you to leave them be, where you can.

You just want to carry on regardless - no respect for this attitude,

For your information here is an interesting link: From Mississippi State University.

People's lives would be very different without the benefits provided by insects, and it is unlikely that we could survive on earth without them. Our crops and homes would be overrun by pest insects and weeds. We would not have fruits, vegetables, and plants that depend on insect pollination. There would be no honey, silk, and other useful products made by insects. Dead trees and animals as well as animal droppings would cover the ground

insectzoo.msstate.edu...

I bow out of this thread because you are showing great disrespect for life and I do not enjoy being around people who do this, even on the internet.

Peace,
edit on 3-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Something about this thread really bugs me. I can't put my hand on it without experiencing death.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Hi rigel4,

Starship Troopers is one of my all-time favourite movies!

Starship Troopers - at IMDB

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by QMask
Yes, I am an Insect Killer!

There are few things in life that bring me more joy than crushing a bug.
I don't even really know why, it's not something I can justify or explain, but after nearly forty years on this planet, I've been bitten and stung enough to feel ok with the squishings.
Anybody with a vegetable garden can probably understand that sense of joy.

Oh god how I hate potato beetles... Wasps... Flies... Mosquitos.. Aphids...
The only real exception to that for me is probably the preying mantis, I can respect something that makes eye contact with you and eats other bugs like sammiches.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join