It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Kill Insects

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

@zedVSzardoz,

What an excellent post you made!!

I loved your creative writing!

it is usually an intense battle. The spider clans band together...

The little spiders make their presence scarce and patrol the banister for sneaky intruders.

Edit to Add:
Yes, you are probably right. I should stop killing spiders. If they kill other insects, then they are on our side in this war.
I am just worried about the poisonous ones.

edit on 2-2-2013 by QMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

there are always those that will take matters into their own hands and violate the treaty. I trust in my allies to strike them down before they cross into the forbidden domain. Those that do, are decisively destroyed.

They usually hail from far off lands. The strange "Daddy long leg" clan that are unfamiliar with the treaty. In all of the cycles of coexistence only 3 such trespassers has been recorded in the annals of the great war. They were captured and given as sacrifice to the spider clans as an example and as tribute.

Those that go into the forbidden lands are curs--ed....and so are forsaken to do battle with the giants of this realm.

LOL.....
edit on 2-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

@zedVSzardoz

Again. Excellent post.

I love it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

So you punish all moths for some freak accident?

You're a weirdo and probably a psychopath.

I think this is a troll thread for attention tho, your replies seem to try to evoke emotions with your cavalier attitude. I see right through you boy.

edit on 2-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Hi WaterBottle,

I am not a weirdo, and I am not a psychopath.

And this is not a troll thread.

(I just wanted to put the record straight.)

I thank you for your input. I look at all responses, and see what I can learn from it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I think insects have a place... but that place should be outside... and not in my house/tent/car.
If they decide to intrude in my personal space then they deserve to die.
Not all insects... but lots of them... especially ones that bite, sting, spread disease or look scary.
But I too would not harm a bee unless it was really angry at me for some reason.
Spiders are scary and therefore they would feel my wrath in my property.

Wasps and hornets are my biggest enemies. I believe that wasps are able to communicate with all other wasps through the group-mind that some insect groups possess and as a result all wasps know i hate them and so they target me.

One particularly scary encounter involved a hive of wasps trying to break into a flat I was staying in. I am not joking when I say there were hundreds on every window trying to find ways in. And they did... through small cracks around the windows... we had to retreat to one small room where we stayed up all night battling the odd one to breach our defences.

I don't terrorise ants like I did when I was a young kid... but I have fond memories of using boiling water to destroy thousands of the little bastards. It was like my own little war movie going on in the back yard... great times.

My favourite film is STARSHIP TROOPERS.

edit on 2-2-2013 by manmental because: removed swearing

edit on 2-2-2013 by manmental because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Hey manmental,

STARSHIP TROOPERS is also one of my favourite movies.

Starship Troopers - at IMDB

___

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

There should be more Man Vs Insects movies!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by QMask

Yes, I am an Insect Killer!

Is my philosophy wrong?
How do you deal with these issues?
What is your philosophy?

Cheers
QMask

IMO yes - all creatures are here for a reason have a purpose and have as much right tobe here as you.

So stop going out of your way to kill insects. Beetles are bird food, they help digest waste materials - such as the amazing dung beetle. Same with moths, who also help to pollinate like bees, and have their purpose in the food chain. Spiders and ants are amazing. Put spiders outside if you don't like them, but actually they help to rid your house of flies etc.

ps never drop a spider from a height, they have an exo skeleton that will shatter and they will die, place them gently on the floor.

edit on 2-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

reply to post by WaterBottle

Hi WaterBottle,

I kill moths becasue we had an incident in my family where a moth went into somebody's ear. That was a horrific experience. We battled for hours to get the moth out of the person's ear.

Afterwards, the person told us that it was the worst thing she ever experienced. Whenever the moth tried to flutter its wings, it basically touched the inner ear, and the sound was deafening loud.

I will never forget the absolute terror that that person went through as a result of just one small moth.

that is THE most ridiculous thing I have ever read !!!!!!!!
Why not kill all dogs because one bit your aunt's, best friend's, niece ? Or kill horses because one bit your boyfriend's, sister's, aunt. GROW UP and leave moths alone. Only monsters kill for pleasure and then boast about it. Leave ants alone also - they are incredible creatures
edit on 2-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Arent we doing the same thing to earth?

Also the insects were here before your nice home was. Or before we planted those crops that go into your ceaser salad.

And funny as well we need them to survive. Their extinction would probably be the end of us as well

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I kill spiders, because they are just creepy, and I am afraid of them.

Spiders are great. Don't kill them. Overcome your fear - it's the mind-killer.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by manmental

You atracted the wasps....not the other way around.

The more you think of something, especially something negative the more chances occur of it coming true

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

You atracted the wasps....

I agree. I thought I said that. They find me. My fault. If I could say sorry to the wasp group mind for previous wrongs I would.

Ants are very cool... when they are not building nests right outside my kitchen and coming in en masse as if they owned the place!

I don't enjoy killing things (that was the kid in me that enjoyed destroying ant nests or staging battles between ladybirds and ants) I should add. I do it for fear of my own safety. I have a totally irrational fear of many creepy-crawlies.

Anyway... to lighten the mood here's a joke that this thread reminded me of..

First man
"I got 20,000 bees you know!"

Second man
"Nice! How many hives do you have?"

First man
"I got 10 hives. What about you? How many bees do you have?"

Second man
"Me? I got about a million bees!"

First man
"A millions bees??? Wow! How many hives do you have?"

Second man
"One!"

First man
"One? Only one?"

Second man
"Yeah! **** 'em, they're only bees!"
edit on 2-2-2013 by manmental because: removed possible swearing

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Hi HelenConway,

You wrote, and I quote:

Only monsters kill for pleasure and then boast about it.

You say that I "kill for pleasure", but that is not true. I don't like doing the killing, but it is a war. It is a war between us and the insects. And it is a war for survival, ...like I explained in my OP.

Whenever I kill an insect, I do it as quickly and painlessly as possible.

And the killing of insects does bother me. That's why I talked about the "internal struggle" in my OP. This whole "internal struggle" is the reason why I started this thread.
This thread is also an attempt to get the opinion of others on this issue.

You say that I "boast about it", but that is also not true. Nowhere did I boast in my OP. The title of this thread may sound like "boasting", but I wanted the title to be short and effective. I wanted the title of this thread to catch your eye, and to hopefully make you curious enough to read this thread.
_______

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

@BlueMule

You said, and I quote:

As I already said in one of my earlier posts in this thread, I should stop killing spiders. If they kill other insects, then they are on our side in this war against the insects.

It will not be easy for me to take spiders outside, because they give me the creeps.
How do you even catch them, without injuring them?
Plus: how do you know if the spider is poisonous or not?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yup, Ted Bundy started with insects too, and you know how that turned out...
jk bra or sis.

Hey whatever makes you happy, just stick with insects...and NEVER get curious!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by HelenConway

And the killing of insects does bother me. That's why I talked about the "internal struggle" in my OP. This whole "internal struggle" is the reason why I started this thread.
This thread is also an attempt to get the opinion of others on this issue.

Then STOP doing it ! It is not rocket science, read about insects, learn how they contribute to this earth. when they cross your path let them be or put them outside. Really it is that simple. Try NOT to kill them. Plus writing a thread about killing insects is boasting in my book but lets agree that it is semantics and agree to disagree.
Peace to the earth and all her creatures, big and small

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by BlueMule

@BlueMule

You said, and I quote:

As I already said in one of my earlier posts in this thread, I should stop killing spiders.

Ah. Sorry, I missed that.

If they kill other insects, then they are on our side in this war against the insects.

It will not be easy for me to take spiders outside, because they give me the creeps.
How do you even catch them, without injuring them?
Plus: how do you know if the spider is poisonous or not?

Put a mason jar over them, and then slide a piece of paper under the jar. Then lift the jar and the paper up and carry them outside.

As for poison, you'll just have to google and find out if there are any poisonous species in your area.

edit on 2-2-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Without insects on our planet our species would soon perish. We need the little fellas to survive. They play an important role in ecology.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join