I Kill Insects

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Yes, I am an Insect Killer!

I believe there is a war going on between insects and people. This is the real war. It is a war for survival. If we don't defend ourselves, insects will destroy our food crops, and we will not have enough to eat.

Insects can also carry diseases. Just think of mosquitoes and flies.

So, when they come into my house, or into my office:

I kill mosquitoes.
I kill flies.
I kill moths.
I kill beatles.
I kill ants.
I kill crickets and grasshoppers.

I don't kill butterflies and ladybirds.
I don't kill bees, because we need them to pollinate our food crops, and other plants.
I would never kill a praying mantis, because they kill other insects.

I kill spiders, because they are just creepy, and I am afraid of them.
I find many insects to be creepy as well, and therefore they have to die.

So, this is my philosophy regarding insects.

Am I wrong?
Am I a monster?
Am I incurring a lot of bad Karma?

The strange thing is, I do believe in Karma. Seventeen months ago, I stopped eating animal products, because I believe it is wrong that an animal must die, just so that I can eat. (Seventeen months ago, I basically turned my diet into a vegan vegetarian diet. That means: no meat, no cows milk, no cheese, and no eggs. I just eat: fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds and grains.)

I believe I am incurring good Karma for not eating animal products like meat etc.
But maybe I am incurring bad Karma for killing insects?

So, this has turned into an internal struggle for me.
And that is why I come here to ask your opinion.

Is my philosophy wrong?
How do you deal with these issues?
What is your philosophy?

Cheers
QMask

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You are not a monster. You are a hero.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

well, there are not any laws protecting them, unless its a protected species,,,
and most insects are pretty clean beings, not that many diseases are in them compared to mammals for example,,
i too kill insects, or at least give them a death sentence when i feed my indian ornamental tarantula (hadji)
or my savannah monitor AKA Boba...
insects are cool,, dont kill them, unless you have a good reason,, like if they are sucking your blood or something,
cheers, mate!

insects are cool, and they fit in their place, on this planet better than we do,,,,

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Life is life regardless of the size or intelligence of the creature, don't go out of your way to end it. Granted, prioritize your own safety; if something is a threat, deal with it, i.e. if the mosquito's in your area carry Malaria or West Nile, it's probably best to do whatever you can to avoid them, and kill them if necessary.

Most bugs tend to leave us alone, we should return the favor.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
You are not a monster just uninformed. All insects have a role. if insects are a problem or animals and invasive plants it is because the eco system in the area is out of balance. I used to kill what I thought were bad bugs too but now I rarely kill insects. The war is not with insects it is human agriculture making war on the environment with our mono cultures pesticides chemical fertilizers and GMO franken crops etc. That is how you get sudden swarms of insects animals or invasive plants. We need to change he way we farm and treat the environment.

This is the farming of the future: www.abovetopsecret.com...

We will certainly incur karma for how we treat the environment insects included but I would not go so far as to say you will for killing a few bugs.

edit on 2-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

You do realize a hungry animal would eat you if it was starving, correct?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It is only you who can judge. You are the judge, the jury and the condemed.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Don't forget to kill the black-flies(they are REALLY bad);but remember that in the end the flies win at least 5000 to one.Also;humans have evolved as omnivores and eating meat will not incur you the wrath of nature(but your diet is an expression of yourself and you should follow your heart in this matter).

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I also kill many of the above mentioned every time I take a car out on the highway. They splatter across my windshield and into the radiator grill.

One time I was driving and something large hit the front of my car but I couldn't just pull over in heavy fast paced traffic to see what it was. When I got home I checked and found a small thin bird's beak stuck in my radiator nothing else
edit on 2-2-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Why would you kill moths?

And uh, yeah you're a monster if you go out of you way to kill things for no reason.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Hi WaterBottle,

I kill moths becasue we had an incident in my family where a moth went into somebody's ear. That was a horrific experience. We battled for hours to get the moth out of the person's ear.

Afterwards, the person told us that it was the worst thing she ever experienced. Whenever the moth tried to flutter its wings, it basically touched the inner ear, and the sound was deafening loud.

I will never forget the absolute terror that that person went through as a result of just one small moth.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

You didn't say how you kill them. If you use a lot of pesticide than you are also indirectly responsible for killing other things too.

How does that make you feel?

P.S. If you just swat or stomp bugs it doesn't matter much. There are many more where they came from.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Hi intrptr,

I never use pesticides, because of the environmental impact.

I mostly use my electric fly swatter. Otherwise, I will just stomp on it.

electric fly swatter (1)

electric fly swatter (2)

electric fly swatter (3)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Spiders are not insects. So you can add arachnids to your slaughter list too.

Just sayin.
edit on 2-2-2013 by silverking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

Swing away!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

I'm with you, excect I've killed all your "nice ones" as well. I usally give them a one time chance and try and shoo them away, but if they hang around, I consider it a fight to the death situation.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by QMask

So, this has turned into an internal struggle for me.

Lmao. That's obvious.

You might as well eat meat if you're going to kill bugs. A spider isn't an insect btw.

Honestly, I empathize with your situation. I was in the same position last year. I can't give you the answer you're looking for, but I'll tell you that I don't think anything matters so I do what I want. All that righteousness crap is not the way of the world. People can say, "but it's the way of the spirit world", but I don't live there, so I don't try to live by those rules. In the world I live in, I have incisors.

Selfless love and all that Jesus like stuff makes sense on paper, but in the world I live in, all that leads to suffering and crushed dreams of a better life. This world is it for me. It's survival of the fittest and every man for himself. I'll be your friend, but if it comes down to it and it's me or you, I'm going to fight. This world is the way it is and it's all I know. So I'm doing it.

I do have respect for life though.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I also kill many of the above mentioned every time I take a car out on the highway. They splatter across my windshield and into the radiator grill.

One time I was driving and something large hit the front of my car but I couldn't just pull over in heavy fast paced traffic to see what it was. When I got home I checked and found a small thin bird's beak stuck in my radiator nothing else
edit on 2-2-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

This is what it is man. Stuff dies. The only way I can rationalize it is to conclude that it doesn't make a damn what you do in life.

If you think something is wrong, then you will experience the wrongness of it. But if not, then you won't. And right and wrong are always relative like that. So I don't rape, because I believe it is wrong. If i ever did, I would feel guilt. But I all of that is self imposed. So if you think eating animals is wrong, don't do it. Personally i don't see the problem with it.
edit on 2-2-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by QMask
reply to post by WaterBottle

Hi WaterBottle,

I kill moths becasue we had an incident in my family where a moth went into somebody's ear. That was a horrific experience. We battled for hours to get the moth out of the person's ear.

Afterwards, the person told us that it was the worst thing she ever experienced. Whenever the moth tried to flutter its wings, it basically touched the inner ear, and the sound was deafening loud.

I will never forget the absolute terror that that person went through as a result of just one small moth.

I had a similar experience when I was a kid. I was riding my bike and some small winged insect (no idea what it was), flew right into my ear. It was a terrifying experience as it was buzzing and squirming around and I could not get it out. My mom held me down and poured hot oil into my ear, which killed the bug and floated it up and out. I felt the bug stop moving but didn't actually see it afterwards, I just took my moms word that it came out, for all I know it's remains are still in there
edit on 2-2-2013 by Blazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

why kill spiders? they kill insects.

I have a symbiosis with the outside spiders. They will not trespass into my domain, I will not kill them or really trespass into their domain.

They hunt the bugs that would cross the threshold. In spring the flying ants swarm the near by street light and attempt to breach my fortifications of the living room terrace.

What they do not know is that I have harnessed the power of the spider clan and they feast on their fallen.

lol

it is usually an intense battle. The spider clans band together, the small and creepy ones spend weeks building the webs around the banister where the invading flying ants first land. Those that make it through and fall down into the space before the door are then met with the large oogly boogly spiders that make fewer webs but are quick to pounce on the invaders like a mantis.

I saw one spider last year I dubbed Lionitus for his head on strategy of cutting the invaders at the pass, crushing the invading force as it bottle necked and being very brave in it all. His troops barely needed to help. They gathered the fallen and had a feast in my honor....lol

The hoards of flying ants did not pass.....

the rest of the year the big oogly boogly spiders recede into the street light above where they watch ever vigilant for invaders. The little spiders make their presence scarce and patrol the banister for sneaky intruders.

Thanks to this relationship, I have zero bugs in my house...the rest of the windows are also protected by little spiders that do not come into my home like the other clans. Only the occasional pterodactyl moth warrants heightened aerial countermeasures by me....

The treaty stands. It has ensured our mutual prosperity for many moons.

edit on 2-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join