It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Indians and their Ufo folklore which does not speak with forked tongue

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snaffers
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Maybe it is simple.
I think nobody yet mentioned it... maybe the waves should depict Snakes.
But where are the snake heads then

Uhhh...

Maybe the snake goes on and on because that is the track they make in the sand? The other dotted lines look like tracks too. And the animals that made them. Three side by side, whatever. Their lives depended on tracking the game they survived on.

Here are some more.
To me these show better skills ------------------------------------------------>

Devils? Astronauts? Buffaloman?

Family members?

Why always the swirl in one hand?
Are these "Ant People"? The one left has a tiny one

The spiral is a seasonal tool used in conjunction with the sun to tell when its time to plant and harvest. All over the world.

This one shows some action!
But why are the goats connected to each other?

To show the family lines? This looks like a herd tended and guarded by the owners. Or a raid on somebody elses herd.

My favorite one

Big cat? Bad trip?
Reaction of a Squaw when he came back with no food?

Puma, maybe? Filled with spearpoints. "Korg killed big mountain lion on this spot."

We only can trust in what the Elders once told.
They still share their mysteries.

Trust the forensics, not here-say or innuendo...
I too welcome your inquisitiveness on these. Thanks for bringing them.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snaffers

Maybe it is simple.
I think nobody yet mentioned it... maybe the waves should depict Snakes.
But where are the snake heads then

Uhhh...

Maybe the snake goes on and on because that is the track they make in the sand? The other dotted lines look like tracks too. And the animals that made them. Three side by side, whatever. Their lives depended on tracking the game they survived on.

Here are some more.
To me these show better skills ------------------------------------------------>

Devils? Astronauts? Buffaloman?

Family members?

The spiral is a seasonal tool used in conjunction with the sun to tell when its time to plant and harvest. All over the world.

To show the family lines? This looks like a herd tended and guarded by the owners. Or a raid on somebody elses herd.

My favorite one

Big cat? Bad trip?
Reaction of a Squaw when he came back with no food?

Puma, maybe? Filled with spearpoints. "Korg killed big mountain lion on this spot."

We only can trust in what the Elders once told.
They still share their mysteries.

Trust the forensics, not here-say or innuendo...
I too welcome your inquisitiveness on these. Thanks for bringing them.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I can go with your explanations

The snakes i surely saw in this thread but snakes were not mentioned in relation to the wave petroglyphs.
(Or were they?)
With your post above you made it clear by now.
"The track they make in the sand..."
I like that.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
So we should assume that people many moons ago didn't tell tall tails, myths or stories? No reason for them to lie? Popularity... Still existed then as it does today. Money? Goods, wares... Wives... Same thing.

This is not the case, this is not Homer...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Please not more of this ancient alien nonsense that has been debunked time and again. Most ancient petroglyph which look somewhat like what an 'alien craft' may look like are really not all and have perfectly normal explanations. Only those with an agenda make out that they are something else that they're not. Is there even any evidence to confirm this ancient indian ufo crash story? For all we know you could have made this up, not saying you are though. The history channel is also not a credible source of information.

How dare you speak of 'alien nonsense', when you are religious? I say religious nonsense > AA nonsense, except some of the cases have no explanations, even though other petroglyphs can be associated with other things. Either way, the Show Ancient Aliens is full of inaccuracies, the general idea based on lots of connections, is not as absurd as you think..

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I am not referring to an instability of the periodicity.

rather, to what you refer to as the "ripple" or "overshoot". in order to decrease clock instability due to these artifacts, the pulse is sampled at the center, rather than transitions, of the pulse. it is specific to a clock pulse, however, rather than a synthesizer square wave. so the hieroglyph prolly represents a digital timing signal.

sorry about the confusion. I don't do "tech talk" too often.

ETA: I just went back and read all your posts in this thread. I hope you werent trolling me or playing "smarter than you". I usually dont respond to that crap.
edit on 3-2-2013 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

ETA: I just went back and read all your posts in this thread. I hope you werent trolling me or playing "smarter than you". I usually dont respond to that crap.

I troll crap too.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I know who did those drawings of "waveforms":

But seriously - with MANY of these old glyphs, you have to, IMO, simply LOOK at the damn things, stop trying to make them into what you want them to be, and simply allow them to be what they aobviously ARE. Ask any ten year old kid what they are and he'll tell you.

edit on 4-2-2013 by MarsSentinel because: spell

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by Enzo954

Well, these cats were on some heavy, heavy hallucinogens.

I think mention of that is what got 3 of my posts removed...I guess that was why.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Please not more of this ancient alien nonsense that has been debunked time and again. Most ancient petroglyph which look somewhat like what an 'alien craft' may look like are really not all and have perfectly normal explanations. Only those with an agenda make out that they are something else that they're not. Is there even any evidence to confirm this ancient indian ufo crash story? For all we know you could have made this up, not saying you are though. The history channel is also not a credible source of information.

I was wondering about that, as the first time i saw these glyphs when they were shown on TV they never mentioned any of today's tribes knowing anything about them. I have seen them presented on TV many times since and never heard that story of the colliding ships.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Would we not have to take into account the ancient spirals that are world wide? If they are not in relation to these wave forms then may they all be something else?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by magma

well. you come around being an "informed" opinion and say implausible.

I agree that there's no way in hell they would have been able to comprehend the meaning of even a simple sine wave, let alone a complex waveform. but the square wave with the ripple looks like neither mountains nor rivers nor anything I have ever seen in the natural world. it is definitely periodic and shows a characteristic instability of a clock pulse.

so. whether they understood its meaning or not, I also am an expert in waveforms and I say: plausible.

But could these forms also represent a signature as much as tartan patterns to the Irish clans?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EasyPleaseMe
In isolation the sine and triangular plots could be written off as patterns or mountains.

But together with the anti-phase sine waves, overshoot square wave (I forgot to attach my ground) and the complex wave these images really do look like they were taken straight from an electronics book. Or the result of watching someone testing with a function generator and scope.

In the absence of an other information I would say these were, in order of probability:
1. Drawn in recent history
2. The result of watching someone with a function generator and scope
3. Imagined patterns that, by chance, closely resemble 2

If you were watching various wave patterns, it seems it would be pretty hard to memorize and draw, wouldn't you have to be actually looking at them all as you drew them. What are the chances that aliens had you take their electronics to the rock and watch to draw. no notebooks back then.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Well if these Aliens were ten thousand years ahead of our present technology then id say they were past the stage of postulating how to get around the laws of the relativity by doing it in practice. Once a species has solved this problem who is to say what the limits are, or whether star travel between here and another star system cant be accomplised in a Startrek type of speed.

edit on 2-2-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Yet they managed to have a crash mid air, which required them to make repairs. Hmmm.

So can anyone recount this tale, passed down for 1000's of years? Should be interesting. Anyone ever play Chinese whispers? That game makes me laugh.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

Originally posted by boncho
So we should assume that people many moons ago didn't tell tall tails, myths or stories? No reason for them to lie? Popularity... Still existed then as it does today. Money? Goods, wares... Wives... Same thing.

This is not the case, this is not Homer...

Suddenly because it's carved in a rock it's an absolute truthful depiction of events at the time? Your not winning your argument here. You don't even have one actually...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by boncho

Well answering your question i guess thats what someone or something will assume one day when they find this plaque which is on the spaceship Voyager which by now is about to or just has left our Solar system. All myths all tall tails.

edit on 2-2-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Big difference because of the context surrounding it. In one case, you have drawings on rocks. In another case, you have a man made spacecraft designed to leave the earth, it's atmosphere, eventually its solar system.

Huge difference.

We have the Sphynx. Are we to believe Sphynxes were running around in Egyptian times because stone carvings equal the same thing as DiVinci's works?

Or wait, no. There are academic works too from the same era as the Sphynx, and by context we know that's what they are.

Going further and further back though, context is lost.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The U-tube video says the HOPI but they never lived in Death valley.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Maybe something held in the hand during rituals. If we look through old photos we may find the answer.Rituals and also games usually stump us looking at their past.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Even if one chose to ignore all of the available evidence, how would one explain how primitive ancient people thought of flying saucers? The human mind back then was simply not capable of creating such fairy tales, the evidence for that can even be found in the Bible where Ezekiel describes a being appearing in front of him in a "spinning wheel" of some sort, the human mind was not advanced enough to understand flying saucers, and the only thing that warranted petroglyphs in those days were things that those people saw. Nowadays you look around and there are thousands upon thousands of images and videos of flying saucers available on the internet, obviously not all of them are real, but i'm talking about the ones that are, how could ancient people have made up flying saucers if they are something that exists today, flying saucers are seen all over the world almost every day, we see them in movies and various forms of entertainment. One also cannot forget about the Vimanas of Ancient India:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

jimmyprophet.wordpress.com... nd-in-cave-in-afghanistan/

Were the Ancients simply able to see into the future? Or did they inscribe the things they saw into stone? Which one makes more sense to you?

If someone doesn't want to see the truth, he never will, as simple as that.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HiddenAgenda

the evidence for that can even be found in the Bible where Ezekiel describes a being appearing in front of him in a "spinning wheel" of some sort, the human mind was not advanced enough to understand flying saucers,

Or helicopters. Remember he was having a vision. He was being shown the future. In my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join