It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Indians and their Ufo folklore which does not speak with forked tongue

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Would you agree that merely typing words on a forum doesn't make them true?

I explained in my OP where the source of the story comes from In search off. In that espisode they talk (and yes you can see them interview people descendants of the tribe) with the modern descendants of the Indian tribe with the legends. The legend explains two objects colliding over death valley, and the rock carvings a recording off that event.

The interpretation of the symbols as being akin to modern day electronic oscillscopes signals was presented in the in search of program. All i am doing is presenting this information to peope on Ats because its interesting. At the end of the day believe what you want i dont care.

So you can jump off your high horse because im not sitting on mine.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

reply to post by Harte

Would you agree that merely typing words on a forum doesn't make them true?

I explained in my OP where the source of the story comes from In search off. In that espisode they talk (and yes you can see them interview people descendants of the tribe) with the modern descendants of the Indian tribe with the legends. The legend explains two objects colliding over death valley, and the rock carvings a recording off that event.

The interpretation of the symbols as being akin to modern day electronic oscillscopes signals was presented in the in search of program. All i am doing is presenting this information to peope on Ats because its interesting. At the end of the day believe what you want i dont care.

So you can jump off your high horse because im not sitting on mine.

I saw the program when it originally aired. I'm aware of the claims.

What I'm unaware of is any evidence that the claim of the story existing in their folklore is true.

Are you?

I linked to a pretty good Native American folklore website. I'm not willing to spend more time on this. Are you? After all, it wasn't my claim.

IMO, it's a bogus story. You are welcome to try and change my opinion. You should note that evidence of a story similar to the claim existing in Shoshone folklore would be the requirement.

I find it a little too convenient that
a) the people interviewed on the program supposedly had a story in their folklore about UFOs colliding, but it took a fringe TV entertainment program to ferret this info out, and

b) The story is nowhere to be found in any Native folklore listed online.

If the story is "Top Secret," that could explain its absence in folklore listings available to the public. But, if that is the case, how is it that "TPTB" allowed it to air over and over in reruns for literally years and even to this day on youtube?

Sorry. It's simply not true at all.

Harte

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I too saw this program when it originally aired. The "In search of" presentations contained
some intriguing subject matter. But always contained a good deal of sensational hyperbole.

This episode was no different.

In the era it was aired, verification of the presented "facts" were not so easy to come by. (pre-google).

I generally don't always agree with Harte, but I must in this case.

Further, I must take the liberty to invoke the last line of Harte's signature line.
It is truly applicable in this case.

"Absence of evidence is not only evidence of absence, it is the only evidence of absence"

Without a corroborative Native American telling of this tale, evidentiary burden is upon the presenter.

Merely claiming the Folk lore for this tale exists is not really enough to make it true.

Interpreting these petroglyphs as O-scope renderings is a significant stretch of imagination.
In other words,

Hog- wash!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi
I generally don't always agree with Harte, but I must in this case.

Further, I must take the liberty to invoke the last line of Harte's signature line.
It is truly applicable in this case.

"Absence of evidence is not only evidence of absence, it is the only evidence of absence"

Without a corroborative Native American telling of this tale, evidentiary burden is upon the presenter.

Merely claiming the Folk lore for this tale exists is not really enough to make it true.

Interpreting these petroglyphs as O-scope renderings is a significant stretch of imagination.
In other words,

Hog- wash!

Watch it. You'll be tagged with the title "Government Disinfo Agent" like me!

Harte

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Maybe the thing which we are thinking is not a spaceship and it is a picture of octopus? I hope ancient people used to eat meat like fish, chicken and duck etc, maybe they saw octopus when hunting for a fish. or when they used to dive in water they see a structure like octopus?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

edit on 20-1-2014 by Mikalek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

In "the Book of Hopi" it is said that Figures with faces, eyes, mouth etc. they depicts Gods, while other figures is ordinary humans.

Snakes is both symbols of great power and water, because their movements is like the water. They also belong to the underworld, because they hide in holes.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

karen61560
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Simple shapes. In kindergarten I drew girls with dresses with that same design on the hem line. I didnt know squat about waves I just drew a pretty design for the dresses. I had dresses with what was called rickrack trim. It looked just like those lines. Drawing on rock is not an easy thing to do. Simple shapes that represent what they see would be normal.

I was thinking along the same lines. When I saw the glyph of the "sine-wave" it immediately gave me the impression of the design you'd see on the brim of a sombrero, an art style that developed out of aboriginal southwest and central american art.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikalek

Snakes as Water. Water gives life as in Rain. About the Waves, Waves as on the sea.
Again from "the Book of Hopi" (you should read it) ; The number of waves could tell how many days they have travelled, or how many days there is to the next water well, the head of the snake is indicative of the direction.

edit on 20-1-2014 by Mikalek because: (reading the thread as i responds )

The Spirals could be seen the same, each winding tells how long, how many sun revolutions, months or years, they have walked or migrated Or how long they have stayed in a single spot before they went away. The symbol with 3 circles could then tell they didnt walk long before settling again.
As in this link: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Often they are telling long stories in those stone cavings, longer than we would believe, because each symbol corresponds to parts of their myths.

edit on 20-1-2014 by Mikalek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Mikalek
reply to post by intrptr

In "the Book of Hopi" it is said that Figures with faces, eyes, mouth etc. they depicts Gods, while other figures is ordinary humans.

Snakes is both symbols of great power and water, because their movements is like the water. They also belong to the underworld, because they hide in holes.

Thanks didn't know that about the Hopi. Was thinking, if you lived as them hundreds of years ago, you'd think this was a "God", too…

www.tigergazette.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I guess so. They might even think he was coming from the space.... Which he does btw.

They had far greater imagination than you apparently think they had. - Or they could actually see Energy forms of spirits. Which we in our materialistic model of the world, devoid of spiritual ideas and basics, destroyed by 2000 years of monotheistic religious fears, have been scared away from encounter.

www.google.dk...:en-US
fficial&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=H4HeUrWq MuiC4ATU0oE4&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1310&bih=1052

masks.torresgallery.com...

edit on 21-1-2014 by Mikalek because: not finishd

edit on 21-1-2014 by Mikalek because: lik did not work as intended

edit on 21-1-2014 by Mikalek because: not finishd

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikalek

They had far greater imagination than you apparently think they had. - Or they could actually see Energy forms of spirits.

Or see the future. Does the Book of Hopi discuss "Thunderbirds" at all?

richard-seaman.com...

You know, the US air force Thunderbirds got that name from the Indian "lore" about their visions of (ahem) "Thunderbirds".

They even paint Images of a "thunderbird" on the belly of their jets…

images.huffingtonpost.com...

We may take these inventions for granted today. Imagine seeing a vision of the future when these things come flying down the valley in formation thru the eyes of a Shaman that lived long ago…

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join