Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Intense Nightmare

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Just woke up from 2 intense nightmares in a row.

This is a recurring theme over the past 5 or 6 years. In my dream i am being locked down and almost controlled by something, it always brings me to something related to me in life. Tonight it was my grandmothers house. The other weird thing is its always my family members. Tonight it was my aunt. So there is always some kind of scene played out and i am led into a trap kind of. Here is what happened...

I was hanging out with my aunt at my grandmothers house and it was time to go to bed. So i am going to sleep and suddenly taken over and under control. The blanket goes over my head and i start breathing extremely heavy. This time i am able to say jesus christ and wake myself up from my dream. That woke me up for real in a panicked state.

So i go back to sleep and the dream comences. This time i dont say jesus christ for some reason i start looking for my father. I am struggling to breath and struggling to say anything, i am trying to scream my DAD, DAD but i cant manage it. So i start trying to crawl out of bed and its holding me back. This seems to go on for hours and finally after what seems like a lifelong struggle i am able to breakaway for a minute and go to the room my father is sleeping in and scream DAD WAKE UP. At this time i wake up breathing extremely heavy and in a panicked state and very fearful.

What do you think? What can i interpret from this?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I can only interpret it in the form of a question.

What happened to you as a child?

P

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

What do you mean?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

What do you mean?

it is a simple question, answer it!

Most recurring nightmares have their seeds sown in our childhoods. I assume that you have not been recently traumatized. Assuming you haven't the root of the nightmare, the seeds from which it springs comes from your childhood.

Answer the question. (If you wish to, of course.)

P

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I actually had a rediculous childhood where i was kidnapped into the mountains by my addict/alchoholic mom and some guy. I dont have memories of it. Happened when i was 5. The fbi found me chained to a radiator alone in a cabin in new york.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I actually had a rediculous childhood where i was kidnapped into the mountains by my addict/alchoholic mom and some guy. I dont have memories of it. Happened when i was 5. The fbi found me chained to a radiator alone in a cabin in new york.

Dude not a funny joke if not true! If true, damn I feel sorry that you repressed that and are dealing with it now. Our mothers hold a lot of power when we are children I couldn't imagine how that would mess with the mind of a child. your story really upset me I have a 5 months month old baby girl and I wouldn't be able to handle that type of situation your dad did.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

So that is why you are having nightmares!

You need to see a Psychologist who specializes in childhood trauma.

Hope that helps

P

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

More than likely what happened. The reply to my first post is classic. A good psychologist who specializes in this area can help a great deal. That assumes of course that the OP can afford it. Such is the society we exist in.

P

top topics

join