It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Catholic Bible tells me....the vatican is the great harlot?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

Originally posted by HumAnnunaki
As an avid researcher of mankinds ancient history, I find many Sumerian stories
incorporated or written over throughout the Bible.

Ancient history is in reality a VERY effective form of mind control...

The art of propaganda through falsification of history has been around for most of recorded history.

"The falsification of history has done more to impede human development than any one thing known to mankind" - Rousseau

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

"Throughout recorded history, the Illuminati has successfully withheld from humankind major aspects of history and science in order to subjugate the masses"

Secrets of Suppressed Science and History

The laws of probability have PROVED that the Bible is in fact inspired by God.

The Bible is proven as the word of God by the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. It is mathametically impossible for all of these prophesies to have just happened by chance. This proves that the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God, for only God could accurately foretell the future, in detail 100% of the time, and at the same time encourage mankind to obey Him.

Source

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Seeing a lot of anti-Catholic propaganda in this thread. (And I'm not even Catholic)

Strange how so many Bible believing Christians refuse to go by what the Bible says on this matter.

For anybody genuinely interested in understanding who the harlot is....
a)She is accused of having spilled the blood of holy men and prophets / saints.
b) She represents a city.

And ONLY ONE city in the entire Bible is accused of the same crime.

That city is Jerusalem.

Jesus said...

That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. -Matthew 23:35

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you,
-Matthew 23:37

Now compare that with with

And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
-Revelations 18:24

edit on 2-2-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

the babylonian system does the same thing and that's the problem.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i am leery of bringing this up, but if you've read sitchin, then you know all this stuff is the ongoing spat between enlil and enki, over rulership of the planet.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Ancient history is in reality a VERY effective form of mind control...

The art of propaganda through falsification of history has been around for most of recorded history.
"The falsification of history has done more to impede human development than any one thing known to mankind"
“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”
There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.”
"Throughout recorded history, the Illuminati has successfully withheld from humankind major aspects of history and science in order to subjugate the masses"

The laws of probability have PROVED that the Bible is in fact inspired by God.

I agree with you that history has distorted the truth behind the adventures of mankind.
However, there is some truth revealed within history just as there is some truth
revealed in the bible.

All is not readily viewable - one must use their heart with their intelligence to see through
their eyes - as you yourself express through your view of whom you believe the Illuminati to be.

Did you not use history and the bible to come to your truth..?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I kinda have a weird view of revelations..I think it is overall prophesy that is omnipresent and pervasive....and right now...INO...America is the harlot (because she is selling herself out) and the beast is the financial.system with its heads being the monstrous corporations and/or the great big international banks.
edit on 2-2-2013 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

if i understand the info correctly, the financial system is the 10 kings mentioned, in reference to the ten horns on the heads of the 7 headed beast. notice the beasts are laid out according to what they do or don't have, which represents the dominion of that particular beast.

so you have

- the political beast with 7 heads and 7 crowns.

- and the financial beast, with 7 heads and 10 crowns on the 10 horns.

- the religious beast with 7 heads and no crowns.

the hierarchy is arranged according to the crowns, and whether they are on heads or horns, or the lack thereof

so the political system has dominion over the financial and religious system.

the financial system has dominion over the religious system

and the religious system has no dominion and is under the rulership of the first two beasts.

that doesn't mean, however, that the religious system doesn't have authority under the guise of the first two beasts. et.al, it could all be emanating initially, from the vatican

edit on 2-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

You found this out on your own! You are very wise indeed. I have to think the Lord has led you to this. Now to follow through; from the same prophecy what does the Lord command his people to do ?

Come out of her unless you share in her judgment!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
it's useful to understanding the text of revelation, if you lay it out like a logic puzzle. it's a layered thing, and some references in totally different verses or even chapters, are further describing each other, but you wouldn't know that unless you took the time to lay it out in a grid, based on what the references are, and then cross referenced. for example, the beast that exercises all the power of the first beast is likely a reference to the hierarchy of the 7 headed beasts i mentioned in my post about the hierarchy of the beast system. so it further describes what is going on but is not in the same part. also, these things are layered in such a way, that each layer describes more data on the same topic. like trumpets, thunders, etc. and they are furthered layered on top by other stuff, such as the time table for the events, which is depicted as an astronomical clock based on the precession of the equinoxes.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
it's useful to understanding the text of revelation, if you lay it out like a logic puzzle. it's a layered thing, and some references in totally different verses or even chapters, are further describing each other, but you wouldn't know that unless you took the time to lay it out in a grid, based on what the references are, and then cross referenced. for example, so it further describes what is going on but is not in the same part. also, these things are layered in such a way, that each layer describes more data on the same topic. like trumpets, thunders, etc. and they are furthered layered on top by other stuff, such as the time table for the events, which is depicted as an astronomical clock based on the precession of the equinoxes.

This is what I have done, you will find parts of the answer to Revelation's
in the book of Genesis.
Also with the aid of actual calculated historical evidence coupled with todays technology,
one can gain a higher understanding.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Actually recorded history is not accurate at all and calculated history is even less accurate if not absolutely wrong . For the most part the libraries and official records buildings are the first thing to be destroyed after a conquering army gets control of a city or nation . The victor wants to destroy the identity of the conquered so that the principles of that nation cease to exist . The calculated history is based on the victors accounts of what is called HIS STORY . Hitler was a good example of this . Roman history is bits and pieces that were not destroyed by Nero . A lot of history has been written or re-created by second hand accounts after being destroyed .The Bible is not the only history attesting to his existence and death and resurrection .

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

There will be a lot of blood spilled soon . Christians who do not deny Jesus and refuse the Mark of the Beast will have their blood spilled or starve in the streets . There will be some who will head for the hills and survive until Jesus comes back though .The Antichrist Church will be in the most Holy city on earth and its future history could play into Rev 17 .

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

The words in the topic title I have heard before by Christians that practice their faith by reading directly from the Bible. They tend to dislike the Catholic Religion because Catholics don't read from the Bible during Church and have a Roman Catholic Church ordered directive of what is to be said at mass.

Still...one has to remember that it was the Roman Catholic Church that selected the various text as well as forbid some Gospels from being placed into the New Testament as they created the First New Testament.

Personally...I think that to fight over such issues is rediculous...especially when people have the audacity to try to make THEIR form of worship appear to have greater value.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

You are ready to make bold statements . How about giving us the infinite wisdom you base your life on . What do you believe ? Everybody has a premise on which we conduct our very lives .

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Actually recorded history is not accurate at all and calculated history is even less accurate if not absolutely wrong . For the most part the libraries and official records buildings are the first thing to be destroyed after a conquering army gets control of a city or nation . The victor wants to destroy the identity of the conquered so that the principles of that nation cease to exist . The calculated history is based on the victors accounts of what is called HIS STORY . Hitler was a good example of this . Roman history is bits and pieces that were not destroyed by Nero . A lot of history has been written or re-created by second hand accounts after being destroyed .The Bible is not the only history attesting to his existence and death and resurrection .

Sorry for that mistake Murgatroid;
I beleive SimonPeter has mixed up your name with my post

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

You are ready to make bold statements . How about giving us the infinite wisdom you base your life on . What do you believe ? Everybody has a premise on which we conduct our very lives .

I am not "ready" to make bold statements - I "have" made bold statements.

My infinite wisdom as you put it, comes from H/E, and there~in..is where I base my life,
and what I believe is the premise on how I conduct my life.

Genesis 1:26~27 stipulates that I am created in the image of H/E and that I chose
to eat from "the tree of good and evil knowledge".
Genesis 5:1~2 also stipulates that I have the likeness of H/E therefore I should have
the ability to think like H/E as on a grander scale.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

The issue is not if Jesus existed...but if he was the actual Son of GOD.

Now the New Testament did not include many Gospels such as the Gospel of Judas and the Gospels of Mary Magdelyne and other which stated that Jesus taught that we could ALL be the Son's and Daughter's of GOD if we followed his teachings.

These Gospels are in conflict with the Gospels of the base 4 Apostles in the New Testament that stated that Jesus was the actual Son of GOD. It is obvious to see why the Roman Catholic Church did not include the Gospels that were in conflict with this.

Still...it does raise issues and questions as we do not have any actual original text. from the base 4 Apostles as what we do have are written copies created by various men of faith and this allows questions of accuracy to asked.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

One might call Constantine the Great (only a partial Christian) the father of Catholicism. He called the Council of Nicaea.The Book of Revelation was specifically chosen by the Council of Nicea to be in the Bible.
The Book of Revelation was written at a time when Rome had made Christianity illegal. The books of the bible were based on how early the book was written and who they were allegedly written by (where some modern scholars disagree with their 4th century bishop counterparts). The bishops present felt that St. John wrote that book at an early period (hundreds of years before them) therefore it was included in the official Roman Catholic bible.

The Book of Revelation is so symbolic it has been used by crazies and conspiracy theorists ever since, inc the OP. But for more rational minded folks, it is clearly a Christian diatribe against the pagan Roman oppressors of the late 1st century/early 2nd century AD. It has even been established that "666" is a numeric reference to Nero, likely applied to one of his sucessors, Domitian.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumAnnunaki

Actually recorded history is not accurate at all

Sorry for that mistake Murgatroid;
I beleive SimonPeter has mixed up your name with my post

Thanks...

I was thinking: "Didn't I just SAY that?"

Now I understand.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

The issue is not if Jesus existed...but if he was the actual Son of GOD.

The laws of probability PROVE that He was the Son of God.

It is scientifically impossible for anyone to have fulfilled the prophesies that Jesus did by chance.

This is ALSO irrefutable proof that the Bible was divinely inspired.

The prophecies in the bible have been 100% accurate.

The science of probability SHOWS we are dealing with the miraculous…

Any mathematician will agree that statistically, any odds this high (1 in 10 to the 157 power.) have a zero probability of ever happening...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join