It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Catholic Bible tells me....the vatican is the great harlot?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Belcastro
They say the woman is a city who rides the beast,
the vatican has been known as the city of seven hills for a very long time.

The Vatican does not sit on the seven hills. ROME does.

Revelation was written by John ... a very old man living in extremely poor conditions in exile. He had been seeped in religion his whole life. He had survived an assassination attempt. He was under a huge amount of stress. Rome was 'the enemy' for him. It's entirely likely that his 'Revelations' were nothing more than dementia driven hallucinations.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
the pope said you had to pray to Mary to be saved - that she was the co-redemtrieux -

The Catholic Church never says that you have to pray to Mary to be saved.
The Church says that, if you have a close relationship with Mary, she can lead you to Jesus.
Co-Redemtrix is NOT one of the Marian doctrines of the Catholic Church.
Some people are kicking it around and talking about it ...
but it definately is not a doctrine at all.

SKORPION makes some very good points ... Jerusalem, including the Dome of the Rock and the Western Wall, sit on part of the seven hills of Jerusalem.

Mecca is surrounded by (not built on) seven hills.

Tehran Iran is built on seven hills.

Amman Jordan, Athens Greece, Istanbul Turkey, Staten Island New York (with the Statue of Liberty), Yonkers NYC .... List of Cities Claiming to be on Seven Hills .. all seven hills.

But the Vatican does NOT sit on seven hills.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Jerusalem is also situated on seven hills

www.askelm.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Yup.
Mentioned that on page 1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
If you were to read about what happened in the Dark Ages, you may be inclined to change your opinion. There is also a book titled Foxe's Book of Martyrs that is worth reading to learn about this subject. Millions and millions of people who went against the Roman Catholic Church were murdered using the most grotesque methods imaginable.

I'm not sure that using Foxe's works would be a reasonable way to support your argument. Foxe was as much a polemicist as he was a historian and modern scholars debate the value he offered in presenting an authentic historical record.

Eric

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Belcastro

Like I said, I was raised in a catholic family also. But I came to question many things the church was doing and saying...... Especially when the pope said you had to pray to Mary to be saved

When did the Pope say this?

Eric

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Happy1

The catholic church does not believe that revelations is the end=times. They would agrue that the book of Daniel does not talk about the end-times, and that we are not in the "end times".

I'd have to check, but I'm relatively sure that this is incorrect.

To the best of my knowledge, the Church teaches that we don't know.

Eric

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
You admitted that...."I use The New American Bible catholic mission edition"...for one...its not the original version....2, it's a "new" version....3...its a "mission-edition"...and it's just the "american" version.

3 strikes...plus one....your most likely in-correct.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Correct. There is no real 'official' stand on the Book of Revelation.

Like I said ... ROME .. not the Vatican.
John was writing about ROME .. who was the enemy at the time.
And there is nothing in Revelation that has anything to do with salvation ....

Catholic Answers - The Apocolypse

John, therefore, identifies the prime enemy of the Church in his own time as the Roman empire (= the beast), the tool of the Dragon (= Satan). Because it has prostituted itself (Babylon = Rome) it cannot win. It will be completely overthrown, and the Church is sure to triumph.

Pope Benedicts Personal Opinion about The Book of Revelation

VATICAN CITY (CNS) – The Book of Revelation should not be read as a frightening or enigmatic warning, but as an essentially encouraging vision of Christ's definitive victory over evil, Pope Benedict XVI said.

The pope noted that Revelation, also called the Apocalypse, had come to be mistakenly identified with the idea of an "imminent catastrophe" about to befall the world. Instead, he said, the text offers a clear expression of how the Christian faith makes ultimate sense of history

The Catholic Encyclopedia - The Apocolypse

... oh ... and there are a lot of questions about the authenticity of 'Revelation' .. as well as if it should even have been put in the bible at all. MANY people of that time period, some big names, thought it was a bunch of hooooey.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
thanks for contributing to my thread people alot of insight from many walks of life.

as they say we all have our own interpretations of the bible.

my thread was more about how my own bibles footnotes give me the conclusion of the vatican being the great harlot, and that i bought my bible from a catholic church so it doesnt make sense to me.

it is either rome and the vatican or jerusalem and israel.

either that or the united nations because of the 7 mountains of ezekial daniel and isiah;
somebody once told me.
edit on 2-2-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Happy1

sounds more like the catholic church to me!

How so? Care to back it up with a verse or two?
Jesus said that Jerusalem has the blood of the holy men. He never mentioned the "Catholic church".

babylon is a system of world empires. it's the world empires that have the blood of the prophets and saints on their hands, starting with the babylonian empire, then the medo-persian, then the grecian, then the roman. after that, the roman is divided into 2 major parts, which doesn't make complete sense to me but i think it's trying to say that they melded flesh with metal. it's bizarre. anyway, that's the prophecy of the world empires, according to the book of daniel the final empire depicted on the toes of the statue is the roman empire in it's second form of clay and metal. now fast forward to the book of revelation and we see babylon again, and the empires are being counted off, just as they were in daniel's prophecy. but the counting is the last empire, over and over again. that was puzzling till i realized it means the roman empire is on a repeat, and just pretends it's not in control, even though it is (was, is not, yet is). so with that information the list would be:

1. babylon
2. medo-persian
3. grecian
4. roman
5. holy roman
6. (holy roman): some world empire after the holy roman empire appeared to lose control. (this one and the next two are highly debated. is it turkish, is it british, etc.)
7. (holy roman): another world empire after whatever empire is number 6. this could potentially be the usa
8. last one.

edit on 2-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Belcastro
thanks for contributing to my thread people alot of insight from many walks of life.

as they say we all have our own interpretations of the bible.

my thread was more about how my own bibles footnotes give me the conclusion of the vatican being the great harlot, and that i bought my bible from a catholic church so it doesnt make sense to me.

it is either rome and the vatican or jerusalem and israel.

either that or the united nations because of the 7 mountains of ezekial daniel and isiah;
somebody once told me.

the official stance of the vatican is that the "pagan" roman empire was the beast and that the book of revelations prophecies regarding it, are already fulfilled and we are passed that point. but that doesn't account for empires 6, 7 and 8.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

we can see how nations are secretly run by mafia bankers and special interests,
so maybe it applies to the world today throguh secret agendas handed down from the olden days.
something thats been in the planning for a very long time, etc.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
let me back up a bit so that my prior posts make more sense.

in the old testament book of daniel, the king of babylon called nebuchadnezzar has a dream and he can't remember it but knows that he needs to, so he asks his soothsayers and whatnot, to tell him his dream and interpret it, but none of them can. daniel ends up telling him the dream and the interpretation. the dream is of a huge statue that has a head of gold, shoulders and arms of silver, a belly of brass, legs of iron and feet of iron and clay mixed together.

so that's

gold
silver
brass
iron
iron+clay

those are supposed to be all the empires till the end of time as we know it on the planet.
so fast forward to revelation. we pick up with the empire number 5 (iron+clay), which just keeps repeating. here it references 7 heads being 7 mountains on which the woman sits and also seven kings.
this is rome as the ruling city of the roman empire. but the woman is referred to as a whore, which iin this instance is referring to religion gone awry. you can't be a whore of a religion, if it's not your religion in the first place. so this is saying the whore is a religious institution who's headquarters is rome and that it's beast number 5, and number 6 and number 7. then the whore is destroyed by the 8th king, and the last empire forms.

personally, i don't know what to make of it, cause it just doesn't sit right with me. this is in a book under the guidance of rome. and has been for over 2000 years. to me it almost sounds like that's been their plan all along and that it has nothing to do with god, and everything to do with them wanting to make it seem like wiping out most of the planet is a righteous deed. i just don't know.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

i am more inclined to say:

the 7 hills on which the harlot sits are the 7 deadly sins

the harlot exchanges 'favors' for money or goods/trades/value/assets
so the harlot is the mindset of all modern societies on a universal scale

the bankers are just the aristocracy, the heirarchy of money/debt management...the Pimp for the Whore of the World = Babylon

the roman catholic church is just a strawman, a focal point, a demonised part of the overall big-picture-------------------------

i have long ago returned to the goddess, the pagan truth of the world, nature, and the abstract world of menkind is what the 'Wore" on the Beast represents... exchanging time & life for money/wealth/power/ temporary pleasures
edit on 2-2-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
let me back up a bit so that my prior posts make more sense.

in the old testament book of daniel, the king of babylon called nebuchadnezzar has a dream and he can't remember it but knows that he needs to, so he asks his soothsayers and whatnot, to tell him his dream and interpret it, but none of them can. daniel ends up telling him the dream and the interpretation. the dream is of a huge statue that has a head of gold, shoulders and arms of silver, a belly of brass, legs of iron and feet of iron and clay mixed together.

so that's

gold
silver
brass
iron
iron+clay

those are supposed to be all the empires till the end of time as we know it on the planet.
so fast forward to revelation. we pick up with the empire number 5 (iron+clay), which just keeps repeating. here it references 7 heads being 7 mountains on which the woman sits and also seven kings.
this is rome as the ruling city of the roman empire. but the woman is referred to as a whore, which iin this instance is referring to religion gone awry. you can't be a whore of a religion, if it's not your religion in the first place. so this is saying the whore is a religious institution who's headquarters is rome and that it's beast number 5, and number 6 and number 7. then the whore is destroyed by the 8th king, and the last empire forms.

personally, i don't know what to make of it, cause it just doesn't sit right with me. this is in a book under the guidance of rome. and has been for over 2000 years. to me it almost sounds like that's been their plan all along and that it has nothing to do with god, and everything to do with them wanting to make it seem like wiping out most of the planet is a righteous deed. i just don't know.

Some people say that the present day is a continuation of the roman empire,
and your right its creepy as can be, my bible interpretation footnotes are telling me the same thing you are.

As well as the vatican has egyptian and other culture's art and stonework within the area,
so maybe thats a clue of paganism .

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

the problem is, the word "pagan" was a term the vatican made up to refer to non-abrahamic religions. there's really not a pagan religion in the catholic sense of the word. there's just variants of the original. even egypt and china had variants of the original. meaning pretty much every religion has its roots in the same place the abrahamic religions do. time, language and cultural variants have modified some of the meanings but if you look at their roots, and the root forms of their words, it's just about identical, and only time and language barriers have hidden that fact.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
good pertinent thread...only three flags because it's hidden truth....babylon will be rebuilt.....the vatican is evil with the jesuits leading the charge, it's true all the world leaders and history is jesuit evil buzzard works.....but no worries....God laughs at them and promises IN SCRIPTURE to hold them up in front of everyone....in scripture.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

i am more inclined to say:

the 7 hills on which the harlot sits are the 7 deadly sins

the harlot exchanges 'favors' for money or goods/trades/value/assets
so the harlot is the mindset of all modern societies on a universal scale

the bankers are just the aristocracy, the heirarchy of money/debt management...the Pimp for the Whore of the World = Babylon

the roman catholic church is just a strawman, a focal point, a demonised part of the overall big-picture-------------------------

i have long ago returned to the goddess, the pagan truth of the world, nature, and the abstract world of menkind is what the 'Wore" on the Beast represents... exchanging time & life for money/wealth/power/ temporary pleasures
edit on 2-2-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

I disagree. i dont believe in paganism, although i appreciate the symbolic and esoteric principles you can find in them. The Bible says the woman is a great city with soveriegnty over the earth, so i disagree on the whore being ourselves.

But then again i do agree with you, and i would say that we are the beast.
but i would be saying it in a different meaning than the bible is.

I would say, we are the born the beast, the 6(nature) we strive to be like God,the 7.( Above nature.)
i would say, carbon is the building block of life. carbon has 6 protons 6 electrons and 6 neutrons.
when carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons, and 7 neutrons; its atomic mass equals 13.
13 can be found in sacred geometry, humans,nature, and the cosmos.

so to me The ultimate truth would be 13.
we are born the 6 we strive to be like the 7.
6+7=13

we must understand we are the animal, and that is natural.
what i mean by being Above natural; Is that we dont let our instincts dictate our lives,
like our urges and every one of our desires we do not dine to.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

the problem is, the word "pagan" was a term the vatican made up to refer to non-abrahamic religions. there's really not a pagan religion in the catholic sense of the word. there's just variants of the original. even egypt and china had variants of the original. meaning pretty much every religion has its roots in the same place the abrahamic religions do. time, language and cultural variants have modified some of the meanings but if you look at their roots, and the root forms of their words, it's just about identical, and only time and language barriers have hidden that fact.

I agree that was a good way to say it.
its like how they say genesis was a rewrite of the sumerians.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join