It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six nations real mens sport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hi guys
Well the six nations is upon us again, any predictions ?
For our friends across the pond the six nations is a rugby thing, it's kinda like the superbowl but a lot less gay, we don't have all the razzmatzz rubbish just real men without padding throwing the ball backwards (because it's harder) and battering each other for points, we also have blood substitutions where an injured player can be replaced until he is stitched back together and then allowed to rejoin the match.

So c'mon England and good luck you others

Cody

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hi guys
For our friends across the pond the six nations is a rugby thing

Oh, its not American? who cares...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I'd like to think Ireland are in for a chance (my wife is Irish) but I personally think that England and France will be in the finals - England for the win.

They are lucky the southern hemisphere weapons are not playing otherwise it would be the wallabies and All Blacks

reply to post by Superhans

Legendary baiting effort there - LOL

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
reply to post by cody599

Hi guys
For our friends across the pond the six nations is a rugby thing

Pretty much sums up usa's global attitude.
Thanks for sharing in public what we all know in private

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Hey we have to have one competition without the southern hemisphere my wifes south african.
Nice to have a game without "that was a try" for a change.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Hi guys
For our friends across the pond the six nations is a rugby thing, it's kinda like the superbowl but a lot less gay, we don't have all the razzmatzz rubbish just real men without padding throwing the ball backwards (because it's harder) and battering each other for points, we also have blood substitutions where an injured player can be replaced until he is stitched back together and then allowed to rejoin the match.

So c'mon England and good luck you others

Cody

Ok I will try to explain this to you rugby guys in layman's terms. The pads actually make "American football" a hell of more dangerous and I will explain why. With pads and a helmet you can hit at speeds that would cripple a rugby player for life if they tried to do the same thing without pads. The speed some of these guys have coupled with how big they are is downright amazing. Now im not taking anything away from Rugby its got speed and hard hits but rugby players just don't have the ability to recklessly hurl themselves into a truly massive hit like American football players do.

We Americans understand that its not really a big thing in foreign countries its actually our version of "European football or soccer here" its a sport played in every school and college its fan base is huge because we know it. I would say about 90 percent of Americas best athletes are in that sport professionally and to be honest we would really love if the world took hold of it and it became like European football embraced worldwide. I would love to see people get amped over a foreign team or be able to talk sports with other people from other countries about our football. Hell I would like to see a foreign team win the Superbowl.

I think for a sport to really progress it needs to be played worldwide and that's a shame because its really actually a fun sport. I believe the mentality of people comparing the sports from Europe and America like cricket to baseball and rugby to our football holds back the sports from taking hold in the world. Ps the same thing could be said for our baseball compared to your cricket but I dont because they are different sports

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by cody599

I'd like to think Ireland are in for a chance (my wife is Irish) but I personally think that England and France will be in the finals - England for the win.

They are lucky the southern hemisphere weapons are not playing otherwise it would be the wallabies and All Blacks

"wallabies and All Blacks" lol because i dont know the sport it sounds racist lol but i bet its just the name of the team

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Should have just stuck with "how much gayer do you get than this"

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Six Nations a real mans sport?

I call Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and now poor old Argentina the real mans rugby...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I rember stuffing you aussies in the world cup.
Short memory you have there

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I remember it too. Was that the one that went to overtime?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Like the "world series" of baseball..

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Like the "world series" of baseball..

Oh COME ON, baseball is not even a sport! You have to train harder for professional wrestling or ballet

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

I remember it too. Was that the one that went to overtime?

Yeah it was the one when Johnny Wilkinson kicked a field goal in the last minute to win.
Classic match.

top topics

join