It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Buy Nearly Half a Billion Dollars Of Gold and Silver In January

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
In my opinion silver/gold stackers are going to be very disappointed if the dollar collapses. You would be much better off investing your money in ways of producing food/clean water. Water filtration devices, geo-thermal heating/cooling for your home, building gardens (outdoor or indoor) and or solar panels. Even in a dollar collapse situation silver will be worth something but thinking your going to buy your way out of poverty with a hundred ounces of silver is rediculous.

On the other hand, if the economy takes off, silver should skyrocket. It has hundreds of uses and what they mine gets used. I say used, which isn't technically correct, it gets minted for investors. Either way, if the demand for silver doubles the mines won't. At least not right away, if ever. This is the best situation and the reason you should be a silver investor.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
Gold was produced by a Supernova - how much does that cost to reproduce?

Probably a little bit more than a printing press & ink they are shelling out over there at the Private Federal Reserve Bank!

don't know...but we got some pretty impressive tech..atom smashers being commonplace now and a staplemark of most science facilitys..maybe not as difficult as we suspect.

I remember reading 15 years ago they were considering creating micro-black holes in a lab for study...if we can do that...

also, keep in mind our almost month to month progress in nano-fabrication...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
well in reality its not that much. Its only $1515 per person, or about 50 silver american eagles, or less than one 1 oz. gold american eagle.

Just saying, although people need to purchase more of these commodities.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If you are converting lots of cash to gold then buy bars or 1 oz coins. For bartering you want to buy grams, 1/4 oz. Or use silver as silver isn't worth as much as gold.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join