It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS a site used by the CIA?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

The internet mapping, just shows how traffic goes, it does not mean that ATS is somehow connected to the NSA or any other branch of government, point blank, a lot of servers are in the same general area as both of them. (I tracerouted my own this morning and it routed next to FBI.gov. I know why, my host colocates some of their servers, i knew that signing up with them, but it doesn't mean I'm in collusion with the FBI, just that one of their servers is probably in the next rack over from mine) NEXT TO does not mean in line with, you're mixing apples and oranges here,

That's quite convenient that you just traced your IP back to FBI.gov. What a coincidence, all is well I guess.

The Internet map is a bi-dimensional presentation of links between websites on the Internet. Every site is a circle on the map, and its size is determined by website traffic, the larger the amount of traffic, the bigger the circle. USERS SWITCHING between websites forms links, and the stronger the link, the closer the websites tend to arrange themselves to each other.

It's not directly about server location, and you don't even know what fruit looks like.

edit on 2-2-2013 by OmniPotential because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

I really don't understand why an intelligence agency would own this site.

Have you been living under a rock?

No, seriously.

What better way for them to learn about what we are aware of and any political decent that may be brewing.
Just like how Facebook was designed to assist the government with their facial recognition technology, ATS gives them a map of people's thoughts, beliefs, and intentions.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Why would they need to own the site to get this information? They can access anything here without owning it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Good question!
To answer this all you have to do is look at their psychopathy and how the government has handled things in the past. They are essentially control freaks who aren't happy just being in the shadows with only subordinate means of participation and control. If they didn't have a direct hand at how ATS was run, they wouldn't have direct access to shutting down certain threads and deleting posts.
If ATS isn't owned and run by the CIA or other intelligence agency, I wouldn't doubt that a few of the mods are directly related. I have had a few of my threads shut down and have requested answers from mods, but all I got was silence. This means that these mods in particular aren't especially concerned with client relations, which is exactly how the government behaves. ie. They will ignore farmer Joe's inquiry, but will fall all over themselves trying to please their investors making sure they're comfy.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Are you an Aardvark? No? Don't believe you. So, you stick to your beliefs and I'll marvel at an Aardvark typing on the internet, OK?

Do you have any evidence that would support that assertion in any way, shape or form?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

We may as well own up to it nefermore. We're busted, he's too smart for us.

OmniPotential, you are actually the only member here. Everyone else is an operative, or AI generated personas programmed from the profile we have on you. Skeptic Overlord is like the Architect from the Matrix.

Each new member that signs up with ATS sees a virtual ATS created for them. None of you actually interact with each other. Only the AI program. Though sometimes it is necessary for staff to step in, such as in this case.

There you have it, the truth is out. Now I must go handle another loose end in another ATS.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu

Why would they need to own the site to get this information? They can access anything here without owning it.

Better question... Why would they need, or even be interested in ANYTHING posted here?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
The official spook login page.

I know a guy that posted a screen grab from Intelink-S over on another forum. Yow. That aggravates them something awful, and it was instructive to see just how fast they caught it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I believe the government in some degree monitors a number of fringe sites for obvious reasons - security (both actual and perceived.) IMO, and from their perspective, it would be unwise not to. There are people of all sorts within these communities with a huge range of demeanours and intentions. And in the age of the internet - it only gets bigger, more crowded, with more ideas, and more and more potential for anything with each passing day. Information can be a threat or a helper - and the net is where it's at en masse.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Is your uninspired little fantasy story full of hyperbole supposed to mean anything to anyone in any context?

Known tactic by the way.

We may as well own up to it nefermore. We're busted, he's too smart for us.

Who is "we"?

Are you a staff member?

I didn't even refer to any member or staff member, just pointed out the NSA.GOV connection.

Why are you even talking like that?
edit on 2-2-2013 by OmniPotential because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Better question... Why would they need, or even be interested in ANYTHING posted here?

It is perhaps more about preventing certain things from being posted, and disinformation, and from that point of view it would make perfect sense to own or conspire with the biggest conspiracy site on the web.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the "illumicorp secret training video" on youtube?
Well, here is the official illumicorp homepage.
Check it out

www.illumi-corp.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

You mean like the thread we're on right now?
Or maybe the threads about gun control?
Or maybe the threads about Tavistock?
The government agencies are full of psychopaths that have an absurdly strong desire to know what time you took a shat this morning. Just look at how the UK wants to know what citizens have high cholesterol. What is this info going to allow them to do?
Just as Judge Judy says "Don't try to figure out where I'm going", the government feels the same way. Only they know why they are interested in the info they are. It's just up to us to block them when they're intentions are made clear. Sort of how Nancy Pelosi stated that our representatives simply needed to pass ObamaCare, then they could find out what's in it. What kind of ludicrous logic is this anyways?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulwarriors

That's an interesting website with much truth.
I doubt that it was created by the elite, but rather someone who knows how they work and their history and just posing in order to get the info out there.
Good find though!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by JBA2848
The official spook login page.

I know a guy that posted a screen grab from Intelink-S over on another forum. Yow. That aggravates them something awful, and it was instructive to see just how fast they caught it.

Considering ATS is global, I believe we're more along the lines of this:

Intelink-C

Intelink-C (Intelink-Commonwealth) links the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia intelligence communities at the TS/SCI level. Today, Intelink-C is more commonly referred to by its network name of STONEGHOST. [3] [5]

en.wikipedia.org...

A certain current thread from Australia suddenly comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OmniPotential

Come on, loosen up. It's all in fun. No offense intended toward you or anyone else.

Seriously, I'm as conspiracy minded as anyone on this site. But the alphabet agencies don't need to own or be connected with ATS to monitor us. They can do it easily without us, or the staff knowing. This has been brought up so many times, a lot of us have trouble taking it seriously anymore. It's a worn out topic.

In all honesty, I always wonder how the proprietors and staff keep from banging their heads against the wall daily from frustration over this kind of stuff.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

In all honesty, I always wonder how the proprietors and staff keep from banging their heads against the wall daily from frustration over this kind of stuff.

The adorable box of kittens to look forward to at the end of the day, all provided by SO and the rest of the owners, helps with thing's massively around here. It certainly makes it all worth while.

link   
I love how people think if this was truly a site run by CIA, you'd find evidence of it. wtf is wrong with people?
and OBVIOUSLY this whole site is a psyop.

link   

I wonder the same thing.
Say for isntance the CIA came to Skeptic Overlord and said that he must allow one of their agents to be a mod on this site. I don't believe he could tell them 'No', could he?
It's like how the cops can take your vehicle if they need it and you can't do anything about it but hope they don't wreck it while chasing the perp they're after.

edit on 2-2-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Say for isntance the CIA came to Skeptic Overlord and said that he must allow one of their agents to be a mod on this site. I don't believe he could tell them 'No', could he?

We're talking about an organization that can infiltrate foreign governments. You really think they would need to ask to be mods for ATS?
edit on 2-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join