It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intentional systemic fraud at Walmart with Christmas gift receipts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It's amazing isn't it? I really don't have problems with the regular Walmart in my town. It's the dang Supercenters in the larger towns nearby that are always trying to bend everybody over. I also have worked in retail (ergo checking the product code against the sticker on the shelf) and it amazes me that the larger Supercenter with at least 100 more employees cant do their jobs like the employees at the smaller store.

I don't care if people in line get ticked off either. If they had to stick to a tight budget they would probably be double checking every price too. The money that they try to scam out of me can be better spent on other household needs. I refuse to let them rip me off and I can't believe more people don't call them on their price differences. If everybody did it they would have to get their act together. Apparently most of the customers are just as lazy as the employees or they wouldn't be getting away with it!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Sadly, the Walmart in my town is a SuperCenter.

But then again, I can't complain greatly about it, as my friend got me my dear Loki action figure there. And it was the only one.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Wal-mart is a buyer beware for sure. They sell inferior and knock off products. I bought a dvdr from them and only played dvd's. One day I decided to record a dvd show to later on watch. It made nothing but coasters even going by the directions on what brand of media to buy. After searching for a while to see if there was maybe a firmware to fix the issue on the internet, I found out the company was raided by the FBI for stealing technology from Philips company. The brand of the dvd player was Cyber home. If it comes from China it's hard to say what you get. Furthermore, just recently bought some jeans from wally world. If you buy a 32x30 pair of jeans and they even say they are 32x30 you will get home and find out they are 36x32. Apparently they don't know how to measure. The lady at the counter says well they do say relaxed fit. ROFL I said yeah relaxed fit alright they fall clear to my ankles.

Relaxed fit means longer zipper and more material in the crotch area not 4 inches in the waist and 2 inches in leg length sheesh. I brought them to my mother to look at if she could do anything and she just laughed as she so happens to be a retired professional seamstress. She said the same thing. It's funny they charge like 5-6 dollars more for the carpenter type pants that has nothing but 2 small side pockets and a loop. The funny thing about all this, is the material they waste in regular pants could of paid for that. ROFL So all their pants they sell is 2-4 inches off no matter what you pay for or what size. I guess you can't fix stupid.
edit on 4-2-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ
I wonder what would happen if you bought an item that was on sale, and received a gift receipt. Then returned it when the price went back up?

If you get the sale price refunded instead of the non-sale price, then it is obvious that they are knowingly frauding their customers, because my test would confirm there computer systems track sale prices.

A few months back I needed an airbed and because Walmart was the only store within 100 miles of my town that sold them I had to buy one there. It worked for about a week then developed several holes within a matter of a couple days and would no longer hold air. I took it back and asked for an exchange. Between the time I bought the airbed and the time I took it back the price went up on them by $10. I had to pay the difference for the exchange.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Wait a minute, so you're saying the computer uses the current price for the return right? As well that things were on sale before Christmas, meaning they were likely bought at a deal. When you then return said item at regular price, the customer returning the product would get the price listed at the time of the return, which if there is no sale would be more money for the customer.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The truth is that this is not just an issue of laziness or incompetence, it's part of a policy intended to generate extra, "off the books" revenue the company accountants put into a kind of corporate slush fund for bonuses and incentives. It's tax free profit and there's no doubt of this because they have to have a mechanism in place to go back and recover that money from the store's accounts.

(You buy an item for 10.00 in July and use a gift receipt. In August the person you give the item to returns it but now the item is on sale for 5.00 so they give them 5.00. That still leaves 5.00 in the accounting system for July. You bet your ass they automatically transfer that 5.00 out of the store's current accounts and the paperwork is automatically created to account for the difference in the store accounts and to remove that money from the sales tax record).

So now, that money is transferred to a holding account and they've taken 5.00 in taxable revenue and converted it to 5.00 of non taxable revenue (because they also file a transaction that shows they refunded the full purchase amount, not what they actually refunded for the tax man).

It's a fact that every cash register in every Walmart is linked by Satellite to corporate HQ. They use this to change prices instantly in every store in the chain. They are also working on implementing electronic price tags which will also be linked to the system so you could literally pick up an item and 1 minute later the price on the shelf will change and match what the register rings up - no matter if the price goes up or down. This is not illegal, they are free to raise or lower prices and until you complete the sale there is no guarantee regardless of what the price shown on the item says.

They hire teams of experts who arrange items and price tags on shelves in specific schemes to either make you think you are getting an item for less than it will actually ring up for to outright fraud by instantly adjusting pricing higher when they track an item with a high number of "pricing related incidents" in a store or instantly cash in on higher than normal demand (especially for items related to natural disasters such as bottled water, generators, etc).

This is just one example of the black art of cashless commerce. From creating gift card policies and expirations to maximize defaults (money left on gift cards which is recovered as tax free profit in much the same way as the return differences) to offering their own credit cards and now a type of debit card.

Card issuers use late fees, yearly dues and process transactions before deposits to do all kinds of tricks they can't do with hard currency.

This culture of greed is behind the drive to install smart meters in homes for utilities, the coming change to permanent identifiable access to Internet services and tracking technology such as RFID. Get ready to pay twice for just about anything and everything - every foot you move, how much air you breath and any other resource you consume. You're about to pay taxes on top of taxes for every possible reason.
edit on 4-2-2013 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2013 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I have not stepped a foot in a walmart in over 2 years.
Use to work for one, since i left i've never been back, and we
have 2 super centers for our area, but i'd rather shop the local
stores, sure it cost a lil more, but in the end its not that much difference.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

I wonder if maybe some lawyers would like to file a class action lawsuit against walmart.
I say stick it to them they are truly a evil empire that needs......has to fail.

Truth be told it is only a matter of time before inflation makes the average walmart worker unable to feed themselves or find shelter. It will happen before the year is out mark my words. The lowest wage earners are about to be screwed.

And when this happens there will not be a bail out big enough. SWHTF. It might take 2 years at the most but I say it will happen by the end of this year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join