It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Compliance Resistance Evident at Buffalo vs New York State Q & A

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

To anyone out there following what has been going on in NYS about the new gun laws just passed, a recent video from Erie County in Western New York state. Well worth the 1/2 hr or so watch in my opinion. Yes there are some silly fools on there like always but I think this might give outsiders an idea of the tension throughout most of NYS because of the new law. People are fed up, myself included. Please watch and discuss.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Good. It's about time people draw a line in the sand.

"Shall not be infringed"

They better understand it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Oh the line has been drawn in NYS. I have to admit I really appreciate the local law enforcement standing up like the Sheriff in this video. It just goes to show not all cops are evil and they are just as concerned as the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Excellent video! Glad to see the people of NY standing up for their rights. This needs to spread across the country. All i can say is it's time!

Listen to this Iraq war vet:

From the video: "When injustice becomes law resistance becomes duty"

edit on 1-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

S&F

They were very evasive during the entire meeting. I found it very unsettling that they would not even comment on the penalty that will be imposed for those who break these new laws. How can they have a meeting that is "not to debate the issue but to inform everyone about the new laws" yet fail to answer very basic and important questions??

This whole thing stinks. I think they couldn't answer questions because they don't know what's in the bill. They were probably handed the legislation from Holder or someone in the administration and told to pass it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Got to love these liberal states. How many things do people need to take away before a liberal feels truly liberated? I mean a woman can choose to kill her unborn child- that is just a choice, but if she wants to salt her meal in a reasturaunt or drink a large soda NY? NO THAT IS NOT HER CHOICE TO MAKE.

This video is well worth the watch, quite funny. So you can have a 10 round "clip" (dumbass means magazine) but you can only put 7 bullets in it??? That is just the party line talking, its a stupid law that could never be realistically enforced. And that bit about the oath and the cop was classic
edit on 2-2-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Very unsettling indeed. Every where we turn here in NYS weather it's these meetings, a call to the 1800 hotline setup by the state, or even a visit to the state police, our questions are falling on deaf ears. Nobody wants to confirm for sure whats in the law is enforceable. I have never in my 35+ yrs seen such a fiasco, such grabass politics and ignorance.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just bumping this for anyone who might not have seen it yesterday, must watch video.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
These are patriots, real Americans speaking out.

I believe this type of courage can be found throughout the country, and within most individuals.

Our federal government has been hijacked, by self-serving criminals.

It's time to organize unified militias, and begin working as one to protect our liberty.

We need to take America back.

I willing to die today, protecting the U.S. Constitution, even if I have to die alone.

United we stand, divided we fall.

F.T.G.

edit on 2-2-2013 by seasoul because: "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Gandhi

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What needs to happen now that we have the majority of the public untied and alert is not only to get rid of this crazy new law but to not reinstate the old bans as well. What I mean is we need to take this momentum and apply it to whatever they try to replace it with and demand that any restrictions will not stand. Which would be a major victory in my opinion. But an achievable goal as well. Lets all stand and make NYS just as free as Texas and a few other states out west as far as guns go. Like many are screaming go all the way or go home. Don't settle for anything less than no restrictions. The time to stand is now.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Don't worry, they're not coming to take your guns.
They're coming to take you.
I used to live in that area over 30 years ago.
I could have never imagined these kinds of laws being imposed back then.
Times change and not for the better it seems.
I love the "communists in Albany and DC" quip

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If they are getting this type of pushback in New York, can you imagine what will happen in the South, Texas, rural Midwest, Mountain West, and Alaska? I'm somewhat encouraged by the response from the people here. I wonder if Cuomo realizes that any national ambitions he might have had died with this law.

I've seen the comment elsewhere that these were mainly older white men. I'd like to know if this hearing was held when younger folks would have been at work. Still, there are a lot of old warhorses in that meeting, and i'm glad they showed up.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Although this is a regional problem that is currently effecting NYS it will become a national problem as more states try to go this route. Don't fool yourselves into thinking it would never happen. Much thanks to all the folks out there in other states giving their support to us. On another site I am active on I am always amazed in the generosity of fellow citizens that have stepped forward and even offered simple things like 10 rd magazines for free to keep us in compliance in the short term, sometimes it;s the little things that mean so much.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
so the big issue here is you have to learn to reload quicker

is that about the size of it ?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so the big issue here is you have to learn to reload quicker

is that about the size of it ?

I will ask this once and only once. Please don't come into my thread with silly questions, watch the video and discuss. No offence but I have seen you active in a lot of the gun law threads and your often off topic questions and little jabs will not float here. I understand and respect your stance but I personally have had it up to here with it. Take it somewhere else. Just by that comment I know you didn't take the time to watch the video because if you did you would know its about way more than that.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I don't think the full reality of what Cuomo did has hit him just yet, he just shot himself in the foot with the signing of this law.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Is that kind of like they are gonna lock you away in a cell and throw away the cell kinda thing?!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think that we all know that eventually people are going to start being arrested for their banned weapons and magazines.

This will happen 1 by 1.

The problem here is that the whole population, not just NY firearms owners, need to be trained about what to do when those cases start hitting the courtrooms.

I don't mean trained just how to fire and place a bullet. There are many other ways to put up resistance to the tyranny happening all over the USA.

I think people in whole areas need to be trained in Jury Nullification, they are after all, the people that will be judging those that will be in non compliance.

How can this be accomplished?

Easy!

Using the things that are already there like the post offices EDDM program. EDDM stands for "Every Door Direct Mail" ($0.145 cents per mailing)

Using the EDDM program, you do not even need a person's address to be able to reach them. You blanket whole areas by simply targeting a mailman's route.

So, that takes care of the shipping.

Now you can send jury nullification information/postcards to whole areas where you will need informed jurors judging these cases thus freeing those arrested for non compliance.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Looks like the audience is mostly comprised of senior citizens, why is that?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

Awesome idea thanks, never heard of that before. But it's no surprise as I am not into mass mailings.
Great to see positive and constructive input. Again thanks much for the info.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join