It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parole board recommends release for manson family member

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hi all

Sry if this hs been posted I didnt see it

I thought this was interesting. The governor still has the final decision , but the parole has reccomended his release..

The first Manson family to be reccomended for release because of good behavior..

I think if you get a life sentence for murder you should do life

www.cnn.com...

California Gov. Jerry Brown is considering whether to grant parole to a convicted murderer who followed notorious killer Charles Manson, a spokeswoman for the governor said.

Brown's office received a formal recommendation from the state board parole Friday to release Bruce Davis, 70, who would be the first Manson "family" member to secure freedom solely for good behavior.

Brown has 30 days -- or until March 3 -- to either modify, affirm or reverse the parole board's recommendation, a corrections spokeswoman said.

In 2010, Davis secured his first formal recommendation for parole by the state board, but then-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger reversed the board's decision.

Davis was sent to prison on April 21, 1972, for the 1969 first-degree murders of musician Gary Hinman and stuntman Donald "Shorty" Shea. Davis is serving a life sentence

edit on 1-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
He killed two people. He shouldn't be released. Those two people's lives were cut short because of him. Their families and friends spent many years with the loss of a loved one.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This man was convicted and sentenced to serve life...with the possibility of parole. Also, the parole board has agreed that he should be paroled twice.

I say let him go. He's 70 years old and had done everything required to be paroled.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
This man was convicted and sentenced to serve life...with the possibility of parole. Also, the parole board has agreed that he should be paroled twice.

I say let him go. He's 70 years old and had done everything required to be paroled.

If they do let him go, I hope he ends up your neighbor and not mine.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The two people he killed dont get a second chance at life, their families wont get another chance to see them again

So I say let his arse rot

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Just from the reality of his murderous spree, I'd vote 'no'. Once a dog has tasted blood it should be destroyed.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

reply to post by goou111

I personally know 2 men that have taken lives for whatever reasons and a few more that have had to kill while serving in the military.

Taking a life does not create the bloodthirsty savages that people think. It changes a person. So much so that they are more willing to protect life rather than take it again.

Of course, that doesn't apply to everyone but the odds are in our favor.

So I am not beyond giving someone a second chance. Lord knows I would want one when I screw up.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Night Star

reply to post by goou111

I personally know 2 men that have taken lives for whatever reasons and a few more that have had to kill while serving in the military.

Taking a life does not create the bloodthirsty savages that people think. It changes a person. So much so that they are more willing to protect life rather than take it again.

Of course, that doesn't apply to everyone but the odds are in our favor.

So I am not beyond giving someone a second chance. Lord knows I would want one when I screw up.

If I was in that situation I would want a seond chance too. But I dont think I would deserve one,just like I dont think anyone who murders another person in cold blood should ever be let out of jail..

he would have allready been executed in alot of other states so i say hes allready pretty lucky

edit on 2-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join