It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell Announces He's Currently In Negotiations To Return To Radio!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just a quick comment.

To me, Art is like a big gooey cookie, with a surprise filling. On the other hand, Noory is like a stale Graham Cracker. Flat with no personality, leaving you feeling like why did I waste my time eating that.

I can't wait for Art to hit the airwaves again. I really hope he hasn't changed his format to fit into the current C2C game plan. That he retains total control of his programming....and he doesn't give any air time to Hoagy-land....

Des

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I used to subscribe to coast to coast when Art Bell was the host but somehow George Noury doesn't bring the same passion and genuine interest in the subject matter on the show.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Noury is toast... even that huge ego knows he's no competition for Art.
I cannot wait for Art to come back... i'm just sorry i just re-subscribed to Coast.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by arufon
Noury is toast... even that huge ego knows he's no competition for Art.
I cannot wait for Art to come back... i'm just sorry i just re-subscribed to Coast.

Norry gets sooooo mad when someones phone starts breaking up

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Man this is a hard room in here. I have listened to GN for a good while and really like the guy. I like Art even though he never did do his 12 shows a year as of late anyway. Do like 'somewhere in time"!. Last time Art came on and did a show he sounded like he just came in after a hard night out.

Noory has talked about how hard it has been to come in after Art and no one knows just how hard like Noory.

Just thought about the fact that I have listened to Nory, that one mans voice, way more by far than any other person in the last 5 years or so. I sleep with him talking. Wait! What has he planted in my brain! While I slept?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Noory... I sleep with him talking. Wait! What has he planted in my brain! While I slept?

You see! Noory puts you to sleep!

Art keeps you listening intensely. "Wanna take a ride?" ~ Art Bell

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

What I liked about Art is that unless he had a special guest in the show, or did one of his other segments like if youre a time traveler call in, etc the show NEVER really had a format, it was the callers and listeners that pretty much ran what was on the show, and tyou NEVER knew who or WHAT was gonna call in

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
i never once fell asleep listening to Art Bell. Seriously - you couldn't! it was as if there was always something waiting after the break that you could not miss.

Noory... well, i tried to give him a chance but within the first couple of shows i was over it.

Very glad to hear Art Bell might be returning to the airwaves!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasm

Originally posted by Logarock
Noory... I sleep with him talking. Wait! What has he planted in my brain! While I slept?

You see! Noory puts you to sleep!

Art keeps you listening intensely. "Wanna take a ride?" ~ Art Bell

Well in fairness to GN....who ever is on the radio for me, when its sleepy time its sleepy time. CtC is on around here in the wee hours.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If C2C ever allowed a webcam in the studio during Noory's shift, I bet we'd see him constantly reading his scripted lines and/or doing a crossword puzzle. He couldn't be anymore uninterested, detached and disconnected from some of his guests than he is.
I find him to be very unauthentic and phony.

George Knapp, John Wells and Art Bell would be a fine group of hosts for that dying show.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Art Bell serves the gullible. Although entertaining, his show's content is ridiculous to the extreme. I have to admit I listened to his show in the late 90's. He tends to act naive when it is clear, in my opinion, the most mysterious calls he gets are clearly, very well done hoaxes. It also appears that much of the show's content is staged for his listeners to give the impression of mystery. He also is host to many of the new age charlatans trying to grab a buck, sell a book or just get attention from his listeners. I would say he is more entertaining than George Noory because of the crudeness of his delivery to the public.
edit on 3-2-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

George Knapp, John Wells and Art Bell would be a fine group of hosts for that dying show.

Agree 100%

All three are Great, in their own way.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

OOOOOOOOkie dokie bro.

I would venture to say that you are in the minority. I don't even need to tell you why Art is soooo much better than Noory or anyone else that could try what he has been doing successfully for decades.

George Knapp is about the only other host I would listen to.

Hate Art, no prob, your opinion, I just want to hear him rile up JC with his devil voice again..

Awesomeness.

Thanks OP, this will be like the final ep. of Dallas where Bobby wakes up and it's all a bad dream!
edit on 3-2-2013 by Springheel Jack because: sp.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Here's a CLASSIC Art Bell interview from 1999 with the late great George Carlin. A lot of good quotes from Mr. Carlin on many subjects. That man had an amazing ability to put things in perspective.

And here's a GREAT interview with Edgar Cayce's son that Art conducted in 1998! They speak about all things Edgar Cayce:

Another classic is when Art interviewed the Hopi Elders with an appearance from Robert Ghostwolf. Hopi prophecies are revealed in this series:
Part 1

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
reply to post by stirling

Hate Art, no prob, your opinion, I just want to hear him rile up JC with his devil voice again..

Awesomeness.

And of coarse, the entertaining calls Art fielded from the self proclaimed "God's 10-star General," JC Webster! Real or fictional, JC's calls to Art are fun to listen to.

Yes, it will be nice to have Art Bell gracing the airwaves once again IF these negotiations go well.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
OK, guys... it's not happening. Yet...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by relu84

Thanks for the update...I was just about to post that myself.

It almost sounds like he might not want to come back. Probably got scared of a new commitment while he's enjoying retirement and his new family? Well, the wait begins...
edit on 4/2/13 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Maybe Premiere turned him down or maybe he was blackballed by quitting Coast to Coast and is seen as unreliable or maybe the salary offer wasn't high enough. When he says HONEST update that gets me suspicious. It would be interesting if he did open a new show but doesn't appear likely.
edit on 4-2-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
Maybe Premiere turned him down or maybe he was blackballed by quitting Coast to Coast and is seen as unreliable or maybe the salary offer wasn't high enough. When he says HONEST update that gets me suspicious. It would be interesting if he did open a new show but doesn't appear likely.

While I don't necessarily believe every word Art says, I don't have any reason not to believe him here. Since the non-compete clause ended (read about that somewhere, not sure where) he might have had the urge for revenge. We don't know the real reason behind his retirement from Coast to Coast AM!

The reaction on the Internet was big enough Mr Bell might reconsider his reasons to come back to talk radio and come back for real. This time, he wanted vengeance, but seeing the reaction of fans, he might have thought about doing it for the right way.
edit on 5/2/2013 by relu84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm disappointed to hear his return is not immanent.

I was also under the impression that he didn't really quit c2c, but was unfairly forced out, and essentially had his show stolen from him. Remember the website used to be art bell.com, and once the shtf, the website quickly changed to c2cam, with a redirect from art bell.com for a short period of time, then arts site essentially became a holding page of sorts

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
Art Bell serves the gullible. Although entertaining, his show's content is ridiculous to the extreme. I have to admit I listened to his show in the late 90's. He tends to act naive when it is clear, in my opinion, the most mysterious calls he gets are clearly, very well done hoaxes. It also appears that much of the show's content is staged for his listeners to give the impression of mystery.

the other nite C2C played a somewhere in time with art. It was a show back durring the "freeman" uprising or what ever you want to call it. Well art had what one may call a pro government guy call in and then asked if some freeman, any freeman or sympathizer would call in and debate the pro government guy.

Well we didnt have to wait long as a guy called right in and was asked just a few questions and Art put him on to debate the pro-g man. Turns out this random freeman symathizer sounded well just like JJ Johnston former self appointed and offically recognize and elected (so he says yet no one in the ohio milita ever heard of JJ let alone held elecetions of any sort of a state head) head of the ohio milita.

Whats of note here is that JJ, there is every reason to believe was a government agent fronting as an outspoken milita man. He even made the rounds in congress, tv shows ect ect ect yet ZERO ever heard of the guy in the ohio milita. He was being used for several reasons one being to draw out milita types and pose as a flase flag ect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join