It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell Announces He's Currently In Negotiations To Return To Radio!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Some of my best sleepless nights, were spent in bed, listening to Art for hours. Can't wait for his return.

Some of my favs....the mystery of Mel's hole. What a mind journey that was...

The call in if you're an Alien nights. The call in if you're Jesus line....miss it all, I do....

I have something to look forward to on those sleepless nights now....Art Bell is the ATS of the radio waves....

Des

edit on 2-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Didn't he have cancer though? What's the deal with that, has he been cured?

I think I heard that rumour too...I'm not sure but I think the rumour mentioned skin cancer which can easily be cured with a little out-patient surgery. I don't know if Art ever confirmed the rumour or not so until he says something about it himself it's just an unverified rumour if he ever had cancer.

His non-compete clause in his previous broadcasting contract just expired in early January 2013 and he's already negotiating for a new show so he's obviously been itching to get back on the airwaves.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

UH UH buddy i lisened to that puffed up POS for years and i can hate his BS all i want to...... Theres little choice of shows that cover the subject matter...... But Art went senile a long while back....... Hes an idiot by now......

What kind of idjit listens to a show for years when they hate it? There's plenty of other ways of learning about whatever topics you're interested in. Maybe try the library...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I swear i read somewhere a while back that either Art, or Noory was a disinfo agent???? I can't say that i agree or disagree, but there seems to have been a big to-do about why Art really left the airwaves or something?

I dunno, i definitely preferred Mr. Bell over Mr. Noory, thats for sure. Looking forward to having something to do again at 2 am!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread and all your great info regarding The Master.

I'm delighted he's negotiating a new show. It is clear that no one who listened to him regularly has ever forgotten him.

He really did some ground breaking interviews and introduced entirely new paradigms to the minds of many worldwide.

If you really think about his contribution, it simply cannot be overestimated. The subject-matter that he dealt with over the years was simply mind-blowing and no one had ever covered it to that extent and with that level of listenership ever before.

He deserves to be back in the spotlight again. Bravo and ENCORE I say!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Art bought into the official 911 story. What's that tell you?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Listened to Art since I was on the net... got on in 94, before IE even existed.. before ad banners etc.. was weird thinking back.. no flash either.

But in I think 1996, audio.net streamed Art Bell with all his archives back to 1994.. Then, Broadcast.com bought audionet. and then around 2001 it went to streamlink (paid). which I did... Stayed until Art left C2C. Noory is an idiot. boing, and never asked questions..

So, from an old fan, I will be back.. (Even listened to him on 3830 ham radio) when Jim was being an ass to everyone.. Jim from Burbank.. W6IGU.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
Listened to Art since I was on the net... got on in 94, before IE even existed.. before ad banners etc.. was weird thinking back.. no flash either.

But in I think 1996, audio.net streamed Art Bell with all his archives back to 1994.. Then, Broadcast.com bought audionet. and then around 2001 it went to streamlink (paid). which I did... Stayed until Art left C2C. Noory is an idiot. boing, and never asked questions..

So, from an old fan, I will be back.. (Even listened to him on 3830 ham radio) when Jim was being an ass to everyone.. Jim from Burbank.. W6IGU.

I used to climb on the roof and try to pick up C2C on my dads shortwave radio when i was a young-un! Found a channel on A.M. in Mississippi, where i am from, that played it, but had terrible static so it really was just sort of listening to it. I miss the good ol' days of C2C.

My friends brother had me absolutely convinced that if the government found out where i was when i was listening to the show, they would come and whisk me away, never to be seen or heard from again thanks to this little gem.

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
George Noory is that brutal combination of dumb but arrogant. He is one of the least intelligent people I have ever heard who has a regular show on radio.

In many ways, they wanted a dumb guy they could control because they didnt want another personality that would become bigger than the show itself like Art had.

I look forward to an Art Bell show. Faults and all, he is orders-of-magnitude better than George Noory.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Oh goody, now someone else from the dark ops/black military industrial lodge complex is going to pay him to do more "limited hangout" type quasi-exposures.......

Leading more people down a deceptive rabbit hole of disinformation.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Art Bell never realized the show's popularity wasn't because of him, it was because of the content. George Noory does a fine job, if I had a choice between the two I'd pick George, I always found Art Bell a bit snobbish.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
George and Art are different, of course, each having strengths and weaknesses, but to me the reason Art is more interesting to listen to is that unlike George, Art doesn't screen his callers.

That makes all the difference in the world.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
George Noory is no Art Bell. Take a few minutes and listen to some of Art's old shows. When either a guest or a call in began telling his tall tale, Art would stop them and ask questions. George Noory seems to sit back and take a nap and no matter how outlandish, the tale gets told uninterrupted. The show is still a success, but George lost me along the way. I realize that the word credibility and C2C don't exactly go hand in hand, but still ... what little the show had is just a dim memory these days.

From what I've read Art Bell is also upset in how his old show is run these days and he stopped all of his guest appearances in protest.

I hope he does return in the same type of format. This average guy will cheer him on.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Finally- all is well in the world

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I love Art Bell's smooth as whiskey voice in the late night. Please come back to radio, Art. Untold millions miss you!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

That would be spectacular! Really like him.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by averageGuy505

Exactly. I have the same complaint with George. The show has become fluff. I loved how Art explored topics and didn't just ask set up questions as George does. The thing is, I like George Noory. Just something about him. But I don't think he is very good.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
George and Art are different, of course, each having strengths and weaknesses, but to me the reason Art is more interesting to listen to is that unlike George, Art doesn't screen his callers.

That makes all the difference in the world.

Art also asks relevant questions like an "investigative reporter" searching for answers.

George just asks the same old canned questions and never digs deep into a topic.

Art seems genuinely interested and inquisitive. George just presents the topic as if he thinks his listeners are children.

Art Bell and George Knapp are my favorite Coast To Coast hosts.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm really excited that soon a broadcast originating from the "Kingdom of Nye" will again grace the airwaves. Years ago I discovered Art on one of those nights that I couldn't sleep and thanks to the magic of the Internet I've been able to go asleep listening to his extensive archives.

Art's coming return to radio certainly derails what I thought would be the logical path and happen by the end of 2013: the skyrocketing popularity of Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis causes Premiere to cancel Coast and replace it with Ground Zero. Clyde not only has the most intelligent/thought provoking callers in radio but he is a host who actually listens to ideas/opinions different than his own and allows callers to share their thoughts and not interrupt and chastise them; I've been listening to Clyde for almost a year and he is a true original.

With the coming return of Art I am excited to see how the future of late night radio plays out.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasm

Originally posted by Xaphan
Didn't he have cancer though? What's the deal with that, has he been cured?

I think I heard that rumour too...I'm not sure but I think the rumour mentioned skin cancer which can easily be cured with a little out-patient surgery. I don't know if Art ever confirmed the rumour or not so until he says something about it himself it's just an unverified rumour if he ever had cancer.

To clarify, it was Art's father-in-law who was diagnosed with cancer. When this news initially spread, it was mistakenly believed that Art was the one diagnosed. This was clarified by Art on his Facebook page months ago.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join