It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another step in the process....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What is it about Birthdays that make them so special?

Some celebrate and give reverence to time I suppose... thirty four years ago the earth was in approximately the same place as it is now flyin around the sun... whupdeedo!!

When you're child you get presents, usually similar to Christmas but without the Gawd awful decorations...

a nifty Cake, complete with candles according to your age... and visits from relatives...

When one hits his teenage years it always seemed like a drunkin bash, followed by the worst hangover in history (so far..) and several prayers to a porcelain god

Once upon a time... it meant something

Presents or party time... but now what?

I don't want gifts... I have no need of them... and im not a big party time fan either...

Perhaps im getting old...

When the day means more to everyone else then it does to you... is that a sign?

To me birthdays are just another day... Another step in the process...

A reminder that I will probably have to serve at least another thirty four years until my release... So while i'm here I might as well make the best of it.

*sigh*

But as far as birthdays go...

It was thirty four years ago... its old news

LET IT GO!!

Thanks for listening...
edit on 1-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
On a map that you use to make a journey, you often see "You are Here" markers.

You are there.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Once you have the money to buy what presents you want the appeal it had as a child wears off. The thing i like about birthdays however are they are excuse to have day off work.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

LOL In 11 days my company will put a birthday sticker on my time card. And I will rip it off.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Akragon

LOL In 11 days my company will put a birthday sticker on my time card. And I will rip it off.

Hahaha...

I took the day off work to avoid the traditional "surprise celebration"...

I hate that

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Maybe that's how it will be for me in a few years. But not yet.

I grew up in a religion which did not celebrate birthdays. I didn't think I was missing anything.

The year after I left that religion, my workmates threw a birthday party for me. And I discovered, for the first time, what it's like for someone's actions to say to me, "You matter to us. You have worth. You don't have to work for it, be worthy of it, earn it. You have every right to be here and we're happy you're alive and in our lives."

So - maybe I'll be jaded in a few years. But not yet.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Thank you Night star!

Originally posted by Wyeldfire
Maybe that's how it will be for me in a few years. But not yet.

I grew up in a religion which did not celebrate birthdays. I didn't think I was missing anything.

The year after I left that religion, my workmates threw a birthday party for me. And I discovered, for the first time, what it's like for someone's actions to say to me, "You matter to us. You have worth. You don't have to work for it, be worthy of it, earn it. You have every right to be here and we're happy you're alive and in our lives."

So - maybe I'll be jaded in a few years. But not yet.

Enjoy your birthday while you can...

its not that im Jaded... but its just another day to me.

You know the worst song ever written was happy birthday

top topics

join