It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics, from the mouth of a skeptic researcher regarding the SCOLE experiment.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Oh, and I don't know about Scole as a whole, though what I've read seems legit, but as to the camera being on the floor... wasn't it there to monitor for fraud as in feet levitating the table? I might be mistaken but vaguely remember reading that... and it would make sense to properly monitor the room.

And that weird fleshy head with the bulging, moving eyes managed to creep me out just slightly... just looked wrong! If a hoax, nice, nice job and they should be working for Hollywood to inject some creativity into modern horror movies.
edit on 3/1/2013 by Baddogma because: clarification and adendum

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
I've watched the video twice now, and though initially impressive, there are certain points which give it the whiff of hoax.

Why the need for pitch darkness?

Some well-known mediums of the past didn't insist on this. Daniel Dunglas-Home in the 19th century often insisted on his séances being conducted in broad daylight, and Helen Duncan would typically conduct hers in subdued red light.

It certainly wasn't very wise of the 'spirit team' to do this and give unnecessary ammunition to skeptics.

To make matters worse, infra red cameras were forbidden also - thus rendering detection of any trickery impossible.

The documentary doesn't give any reasons for this save that the spirits insisted on these conditions.

I personally can't think of any logical reason why any of this would matter.

Seek ye an education in energy and ectoplasmic-based physical mediumship.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Thunda, while I am open minded about this and seeking some hope of an afterlife especially since my mom is suffering from cancer right now - I still have to be open to skepticism as well. Now saying that - what exactly do you mean by "scientific dogma" and how exactly is it in its "infancy?" Infancy compared to what? True there is more to learn - but that is exactly what science is about. It never declares that it has all the answers. In fact - that is the whole purpose of science - to find the facts that explains things. It is in the seeking that science finds itself. As to its infancy - I would say that maybe a couple of hundred years ago - sure. But since Maxwell - we have developed many new theories to explain the universe and how it began. Does this prove anything regarding Scole? Of course not.
I too find it suspicious that everything had to be done in the dark as well as all the objects and also the wrist bands. But there was enough to make me wonder - is there anything to it? I don't know yet - but it is interesting. I find the script that supposedly came from Thomas Edison interesting. Has anyone checked this out? Still too many opportunities for parlor tricks for my taste - but compelling enough since it was done over a long period of time in several countries with some skeptics available to to some form of control.

<< 1   >>

join