It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manufactured Object Found In Russia That Is Supposedly 300 Million Years Old

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Crawling around the interwebs again today when I found this article discussing an object found by someone in Russia that was getting coal for his fire, while finding this bizarre object that looks manufactured and seems to resemble teeth from a gear. I thought it was interesting and decide to post it here.

Lighting the fire during a cold winter evening a resident of Vladivostok found a rail-shaped metal detail which was pressed in one of the pieces of coal that the man used to heat his home. Mesmerized by his discovery, the responsible citizen decided to seek help from the scientists of Primorye region. After the metal object was studied by the leading experts the man was shocked to learn about the assumed age of his discovery. The metal detail was supposedly 300 million years old and yet the scientists suggest that it was not created by nature but was rather manufactured by someone.

The metal detail which was recently found by Vladivostok resident is yet another discovery which perplexed the scientists. The coal in which the metal object was pressed was delivered to Primorye from Chernogorodskiy mines of Khakasia region. Knowing that the coal deposits of this region date 300 million years back, Russian experts inferred that the metal detail found in these deposits must be an age-mate of the coal.

A reasonable assumption, I believe - seeing that this object was found in an area where coal deposits date back 300 million years.

When geologists broke the piece of coal in which the metal object was pressed into and spot-treated in with special chemical agents, it turned out that the metal detail was unusually light and soft. No more than seven centimeters long, the object was found to be composed of 98 percent aluminum and 2 percent magnesium. On the one hand, such an alloy stalled the scientists because nearly pure aluminum is very rarely found in nature. Thus, the detail was most definitely created artificially. On the other hand, however, when it became clear that the object was made from aluminum-magnesium alloy the experts quickly found an answer to the question of how a metal detail could withstand the ravages of time so well. The scientists explained that pure aluminum is increasingly prone to oxidation which contributes to the creation of a special layer protecting it from further corrosion. As a result, the metal detail made 98 percent from aluminum can endure not only high pressure but also heat and other severe natural conditions.

As a fabricator by trade, I know that finding pure aluminium is not an easy feat; it is rare indeed. Seeing that this fragment is 98% pure aluminium is odd, if the dating methods are correct.

The last property of the object that puzzled the scientists was its distinctive shape which was reminiscent of a modern tooth-wheel. It is hard to imagine that an object could take regular shape of a tooth-wheel with six identical ‘teeth’ naturally. Moreover, the intervals between the ‘teeth’ of the gear are curiously large in relation to the size of the ‘teeth’ themselves which might mean that the detail was a part of a complicated mechanism. Nowadays, such ‘spare parts’ are used in construction of microscopes and other mechanical appliances. This poses yet another unanswerable question to the modern scientists: how can the metal tooth-wheel be 300 million years old if the regular-shaped ‘wheel’ itself was created by man millions of years later. After the discovery came public, conspirators were quick to dub it ‘a UFO tooth-wheel’.

I figured that some sort of "alien" theory might be offered as some sort of explanation for this find. I don't necessarily believe that though. I do think it is interesting however that this was found in an area with dated 300 million year old cold deposits and is somehow remarkably almost pure aluminium.
Source link here:
reinep.wordpress.com...

edit on 1-2-2013 by Rubicant13 because: mispelling

edit on 1-2-2013 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here's what I think.

I think it's a piece of metal recently manufactured and used on machines for mining coal, it somehow broke off the machine or refinery where the coal was crushed together to form the coal pieces for his fireplace. That's how the metal piece got in there surrounded by 300 million year old coal.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Here's what I think.

I think it's a piece of metal recently manufactured and used on machines for mining coal, it somehow broke off the machine or refinery where the coal was crushed together to form the coal pieces for his fireplace. That's how the metal piece got in there surrounded by 300 million year old coal.

I would normally agree with that explanation, but I live in coal country here in Pennsylvania - and I know that they do not use machines with aluminium parts. Aluminum is far too soft a metal to use in any form for excavating. It's tensile strength is too low.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This has been covered many times already. Here's a link to just a few.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It looks interesting, but someone else posted this with a link to B4iN so it's been shunted into the 'HOAX' forum. Dunno why, because it certainly isn't a 'crinoid fossil', and it's supposed to be 98% aluminium and 2% magnesium.
I never saw a fossil made of that before.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't see how there's any possible way someone could come up with a correct age for the artifact unless it was uncovered in situ by a team of archeologists with strict control over the site.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Considering there has been a lot of hoax stuff coming out of Russia like the supposed screw that was reported to be 15,000 years old that turned out to be a natural organism I am extremely skeptical about what they report.

I will reserve my judgment for further evidence and accredited opinions.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I don't trust it for many reasons, and one being that the image used at the very top of the article is directly from wikipedia for iodine.

bg.wikipedia.org...

The other image links to various random foreign blogs that go on about aliens and et and the same as the article.

also,

Dimitri should be a little more popular I would imagine, but not a peep...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It's interesting as I'm waiting for any new news on it as well. Even the author of the article chose his words carefully as to saying "supposedly" in the title. Time will tell if this is even brought up again in future articles.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There has been many anecdotal reports of items found in coal since we started using it as fuel for fires.

Either we have a flawed understanding of coals formation, or we have a flawed view of the history of civilizations on earth.

The more we learn the more we see how little we truly know, even about something as important as our own history.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I was not aware this topic was discussed here earlier either, so my apologies. One person stated in the above link that it was debunked as being some kind of fossil of an ancient life form. We have fossils of life forms made of 98% pure aluminium? That is a new one on me.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I don't trust it for many reasons, and one being that the image used at the very top of the article is directly from wikipedia for iodine.

bg.wikipedia.org...

The other image links to various random foreign blogs that go on about aliens and et and the same as the article.

also,

Dimitri should be a little more popular I would imagine, but not a peep...

Sorry I had to do this.

I read it on wiki. Nyah! = fail.

Your words not mine.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There is just no telling how many times this cycle of destruction has played out with mankind being at the center of it all.

Mankind could have flourished and destroyed itself a thousand times over, and we wouldn't have the first clue.
If you say it is impossible then I would have to feel sorry for your limited understanding of just exactly what IS and what ISN'T possible.

Must be a tiny world you live in.

thanks for the thread OP.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
There has been many anecdotal reports of items found in coal since we started using it as fuel for fires.

Either we have a flawed understanding of coals formation, or we have a flawed view of the history of civilizations on earth.

The more we learn the more we see how little we truly know, even about something as important as our own history.

Or a flawed way of dating things..

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If this has been debunked (and I mean solidly debunked), I would like to see a link showing how and by whom. I have yet to find anything stating anywhere off site that it has been. And if it's a fraud with proof as to being one, mods please trash this thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I found a manufactured object 15 ft back inside a virgin coal seam once. I have related the story so many times I have grown tired of telling it. No one believes me so why should I keep telling? It's true, I found it in a hunk of coal I dug out of a seam myself. I still think it was weird to find a necklace in a coal seam, but I did. I just wish I had not given it away to a stupid girl. Really bad move on my part. But that was before the internet and no one seemed interested in it when I showed it to them. So I gave it away.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Thank you for say it someone had to.

Star for you.

edit on 1-2-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I'll second and third that assessment.
The sad part about all of that is that most if not all the evidence goes missing supposedly if it falls into official hands

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Its like many things in academia, people are too invested in the status quo to even begin to take this type of evidence seriously.

My friend and I where just talking about how if we had a major ice age all evidence of our current civilization could vanish under miles of glaciers with all evidence grounded to dust.

Combine all this with the genetic bottle neck humanity faced some 30-40k years ago who knows what could of been...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

www.abovetopsecret.com... if this is the same topic as the last one i think that was proven as a hoax just an fyi but if i am wrong i apologize but i think it was ruled a fossil
edit on 1-2-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join