It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reddit Raises $10k In 24 Hours For Atl. Mall Manager

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Let me start out by warning people not to watch the videos of this guy while at work. There is a lot of language and gratuitous use of the 'N' word.

I saw this on reddit the other day, and apparently a fellow redditor went and met with the guy who's videos of confronting drug dealers in a mall have gone viral. The people this guy has to deal with are complete scum bags, ranging from drug dealers to enraged mothers. In one video he ends op tasing a woman and in another ends up drawing his firearm on a guy with a brick.

Reddit wanted to show some appreciation for the guy seeing as he doesn't back down from dirtbags and is keeping the mall/patrons safe.

Users of the social news site Reddit have helped raise more than $10,000 in less than 24 hours for an Atlanta shopping mall manager turned Internet hero.

Property manager Darien Long became an overnight Internet celebrity after an eight-month-old video of him dealing with two violent women collected more than 1 million views in less than three days.

Interested to see what ATS thinks about this guy. I personally think he may be a bit cavalier in his approach, but my understanding is that in neighborhoods like this if you're not no one will take you seriously. It is pretty funny watching 'tough guys' talk smack and do nothing.

link

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I watched these videos a few days ago on a different website... the attitude that he delivers to some of those thugs and wanna be humans is appropriate in every sense... I wish our cops on our streets were as such.... Too many thugs and criminals with attitudes out there!! bout time we put them out of business forever!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
lol i saw this on another site yesterday. The people he was arguing with were as rude as can be, i dont think the manager handled it quite as well as he could have but then its hard to get it right in situations like this. I dont think he was in the wrong.

edit on 1-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
lol i saw this on another site yesterday. The customers were as rude as can be, i dont think the manager handled it quite as well as he could have but then its hard to get it right in situations like this. I dont think he was in the wrong.

It wasn't the customers who had the attitude.. those people that got tased and yelled at to get out where in no part there to buy things...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Saw it on reddit for the past two days, and personally kudos to that dude love the fact he chases drug dealers outta the store shames them in the public eye and makes them stay away Im sure the thugs and dealers will come back a few times but if guy is constanly on their case they will slowly stop coming around. Good on him for taking a stand and not just turning a blind eye as most would.

Need more guys like this out there in my opinion....

SaneThinking

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Sorry when i said the customers i meant the people he was arguing with..ill change my post

So does anyone know what the argument was about in the first place?The women are obviously pissed about something Id like to know the whole story.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

In my experience people like the ones featured in the video will come up with any excuse to start something. I'm kind of wondering what the women did. Probably trying to steal or kids were unruly. Sad to think about the future of those kids. In a different environment they could be doctors or teachers but will most likely end up selling drugs and a bane on society.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by steve95988

Sorry when i said the customers i meant the people he was arguing with..ill change my post

So does anyone know what the argument was about in the first place?The women are obviously pissed about something Id like to know the whole story.

in this first video the security guard yells at the children for either being to loud or for messing with or touching something they should not have,,, thats what fires the wanna be mom off

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Maybe if she only had like 1-2 kids instead of 5 she could keep them wrangled in so they don't act like retards or touch/break things in stores.. you notice how the kids start chanting right along with their mom.. they will grow up to be some real winners just like their mom...

When you wonder why elite want population control.. these are the types they want gone.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I am by no means 'elite' and want them gone too

I really wonder how often a child with such crappy parent(s) breaks out of the dirtbag cycle.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL SHE CAN YELL CHICKENYAIL CHINKENYALE

I can honestly say i watched that sad sack of sh*t drop on replay for like 10 mins. Laughed every time.

Good on the guy the world needs 100 000 more just like him.

Some poor teacher has to deal with those children too.... good lord.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I am by no means 'elite' and want them gone too

I really wonder how often a child with such crappy parent(s) breaks out of the dirtbag cycle.
They don't, in fact IQ's are dropping world wide, unfortunately it's only going to get worse. If you haven't watched the movie Idiocracy you really should, it's not quite as absurd as it was when it came out just a few years ago.

top topics

join