It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fountain of youth found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
From this flow now comes word that biologists from the University of California, Berkeley have tapped an influential longevity gene that can reverse cell degeneration associated with aging. That's right, they're not just offering a sip from the fountain, they're turning back the clock at the molecular level

rest of article at link
www.disclose.tv...
edit on 1-2-2013 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Headline next week: "Biologists from the University of California die in freak accident."

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

Although this is amazing, it was bound to happen that we would begin to decode the genome and find such things.

Also, biology is very complex and just asserting the SIRT3 genome may not give the longevity imagined and may have unanticipated side effects.

Still, thank you to the OP.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Interesting. Couldn't help but notice the first word of the article is used completely wrong, haha.

Four thousands of years, our thirst for the legendary Fountain of Youth has been nearly as strong as our propensity for perpetuating the myth.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

As we age, our normal antioxidative system struggles to take care of our cells. That's when SIRT3 can provide a well-needed boost to our antioxidant system. Unfortunately, SIRT3 levels diminish with age, so eventually our system is engulfed in degeneration.

"Aging is just an accumulation of damage," said Chen. "If you think that way, then it's probably not reversible, because cells are already damaged and no longer functional. But what we show here is that oxidative stress-induced damage, in fact, is reversible."

they are looking at the mitochondria area again in this study

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
and the therapy will only cost $1,000,000 !!!!

with the ratio of population to resources, this is the last thing we need to be looking at

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

I can hear John Boehner next week.........See Mr. President now you have no excuse for NOT raising the retirement age to 100 since we will all live to 125........

edit on 1-2-2013 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: correction

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
A yogi I saw at a conference once said that we are only as old as are spine can bend. If we remain flexible that's one way to keep young (along with hydration, Vitamin C, veganism, exercise, etc. etc.)

That said, let's storm the castle and get us some of this new thing, yahoooooooo!

Ponce de Leon, the wandering jew, and Sean Connery from that Indiana Jones movie all get to live forever, so why not the world's elite, ah, I mean the world's everyman. When I'm 90 I'll be playing centerfield for the New York Mets!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This article makes me consider that the metaphorical "mark of the beast" could be some sort of device or genetic marker required in order to have "eternal physical life".

Those who don't accept it will simply die off and be forgotten within a normal lifetime and not even have to be killed. In fact the whole thing could be turned into some sort of party where those who have decided to "stay on" will celebrate and well wish those who have decided to "move on", etc. Considering the multi-century patience of the supposed NWO plan, what's another 50ish years waiting for all those without the mark to die off before really kicking the plan into gear with those now dependent on you?

Everyone would be so happy because it wouldn't be war and violence while accomplishing the same end result of wiping out anyone willing to die for their belief (for real this time!) and keeping everyone else around now as more or less dependent physical people requiring this "mark" to continue to live or buy/sell land, etc... aka the "mark" being this "genetic marker".

Huh.

Interesting choice to give someone. Especially if it's actually been possible for a few thousand years so long as you were willing to keep your mouth shut.
edit on 1-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
if any of this is true this story will disapear fully in a month and we will never hear of it again

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Here's the wikipedia link to SIRT3, which links a lot of papers and reports. It's interesting that there are no posts on its talk page, and the article has been labeled "Low importance" - ah, if they only knew.

en.wikipedia.org...

Since it's once again related to our wonderful mitochondria partners, I wonder if this is something else that is assisted by supplementing with Co-Q 10.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
From this flow now comes word that biologists from the University of California, Berkeley have tapped an influential longevity gene that can reverse cell degeneration associated with aging. That's right, they're not just offering a sip from the fountain, they're turning back the clock at the molecular level

rest of article at link
www.disclose.tv...
edit on 1-2-2013 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

This will not bode well with people like Bill Gates and everyone else that are pushing the Agenda 21 initiative

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yeah, right. That's just what we need.

Two words: Dorian Gray

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Just run out and buy yourself some pure trans-Resveratrol. And not the stuff you find in the drug stores.
The stuff works wonders but costs about $1-2 a day depending on dosage. I think 500 mg is plenty.

Sirtuins (SIRTs) are NAD(+)-dependent deacetylases that catalyze the hydrolysis of acetyl-lysine residues. They play an important role in many physiological and pathophysiological processes, such as the regulation of lifespan and the prevention of metabolic diseases. In this study, we analyzed the effect of resveratrol on the gene expression levels of SIRT1, SIRT3, SIRT4, PGC1α, and NAMPT, as well as its effect on NAD(+) and NADH levels, in the liver of non stressed or non impaired wild-type zebrafish. Semiquantative RT-PCR assays showed that resveratrol did not change the mRNA levels of SIRT1 and PGC1α but decreased the expression levels of the SIRT3, SIRT4, and NAMPT genes. The decrease in NAMPT mRNA levels was accompanied by an increase in NADH levels, thereby decreasing the NAD(+)/H ratio. Taken together, our results suggest that resveratrol plays a modulatory role in the transcription of the NAMPT, SIRT3, and SIRT4 genes. Zebrafish is an interesting tool that can be used to understand the mechanisms of SIRTs and NAMPT metabolism and to help develop therapeutic compounds. However, further investigations using healthy experimental animals are required to study the modulation of the SIRT and NAMPT genes by resveratrol before it is used as a nutraceutical compound in healthy humans.

Modulatory effect of resveratrol on SIRT1, SIRT3, SIRT4, PGC1α and NAMPT gene expression profiles in wild-type adult zebrafish liver.
edit on 1-2-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Just run out and buy yourself some pure trans-Resveratrol. And not the stuff you find in the drug stores.
The stuff works wonders but costs aout $1-2 a day depending on dosage. I think 500 mg is plenty.

What does it "do"? Never heard of it before. Would Ponce de Leon be spending his gold to get it? Does it relate to this thread in terms of working with those cute little guys, our mitochondria? (EDIT: Should I be eating the livers of adult zebrafish?) Thanks.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion
This article makes me consider that the metaphorical "mark of the beast" could be some sort of device or genetic marker required in order to have "eternal physical life".

Those who don't accept it will simply die off and be forgotten within a normal lifetime and not even have to be killed. In fact the whole thing could be turned into some sort of party where those who have decided to "stay on" will celebrate and well wish those who have decided to "move on", etc. Considering the multi-century patience of the supposed NWO plan, what's another 50ish years waiting for all those without the mark to die off before really kicking the plan into gear with those now dependent on you?

Everyone would be so happy because it wouldn't be war and violence while accomplishing the same end result of wiping out anyone willing to die for their belief (for real this time!) and keeping everyone else around now as more or less dependent physical people requiring this "mark" to continue to live or buy/sell land, etc... aka the "mark" being this "genetic marker".

Huh.

Interesting choice to give someone. Especially if it's actually been possible for a few thousand years so long as you were willing to keep your mouth shut.

It quite clearly states in The Revelation of Christ to John, that the "Mark of the Beast" is a commerce aid, without it you cannot buy and sell.

This does not sound like a genetic marker for longevity.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Originally posted by elouina
The stuff works wonders but costs aout $1-2 a day depending on dosage. I think 500 mg is plenty.

What does it "do"? Never heard of it before. Would Ponce de Leon be spending his gold to get it? Does it relate to this thread in terms of working with those cute little guys, our mitochondria? Thanks.

Even better, the pharmaceutical companies have been working on this. Got the drift?
. I upated my last post, and as you can see, Resveratrol works on Sirt3. But there is much deliberation on the most effective form.

Oh and the Zebrafish were just the lab rats in this case. No need to eat them.

edit on 1-2-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
It quite clearly states in The Revelation of Christ to John, that the "Mark of the Beast" is a commerce aid, without it you cannot buy and sell.

This does not sound like a genetic marker for longevity.

Consider how these things have worked in the past. Initially of course it wouldn't be required. But as those who don't have it start to reach say 50+... you can imagine those who do have them becoming frustrated that those who are "just going to die soon anyways" are using/owning land or other valuable properties that they could be putting to good use.

Especially, as those who now have the marker will justly argue, those people aren't invested in the future but only maximizing the remaining years they have left.

So as those people get weaker it simply becomes a law that the *only* people who are allowed to conduct business going forward are those who are "invested in the future" and have the genetic marker... all others will have to have someone purchase for them. This will not be argued with because most of those will already be needing health assistance of some sort anyways so it'll be seen as a necessary and even somewhat kind act.

Eventually nobody will be left who doesn't have the marker, so it will simply be law going forward that no children or hybrids without the marker will be allowed to participate in the society because they are not invested in its perpetuity.

All logical arguments, all fulfilling every step of the process, all without anyone noticing or raising a fuss... and in fact asking for it and excited.

Then the world will literally be split and entirely by individual choice.

Those who chose the material eternity, and those who chose the spiritual eternity. Those who chose the material will spend eternity wondering. Those who chose the spiritual, well... I guess those of us still in the material can't for certain know yet what they will or won't do.

Honestly it's one of the most clean and exacting methods of splitting the planet I've seen while being realistic and doable.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Come on guys, stay on topic. This subject is too important to toss religion into the mix or discussing if God would approve of this research, Pan forbid. If Buddha was alive he'd be pumping iron and dosing on Vitamin C, so.....

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

This isn't about religion it's about the real life application of this sort of technology. Please really read what I'm writing and don't get hung up on the words.

Rename it NWO Population and Commerce Control Agena instead if it makes it easier to swallow and contemplate the real life possibility of exactly what I've proposed if/when this sort of thing truly becomes possible and reliable.

If part of a NWO is to wipe out all religions and "spirituality", the surest way is to give the people who truly believe in the "spiritual" teachings a way to live up to them in a "positive" way. Everyone else who doesn't will now know they didn't truly believe and are now invested "indefinitely" in "this body". Both sides get exactly what they truly believe and want. Win/Win yes?

You have to look at how the beliefs and biases and emotions of people can be used to combine tech like this to accomplish alternative goals. What does a world look like where all those who truly believe in life after death are "sent on their way" willingly... so to speak? Can't you see that being a really handy goal someone might embrace? Especially if they can do it in a way people feel "good" about?

No longer living up to the society's standard? Oh... well... here you've been reverted back to "old genes" and if you prove yourself recovered and ready to behave you might get your "new genes" back again (to oversimplify).

EDIT: Wait... whether "God" would approve of it? I specifically said "metaphorical" regarding "mark of the beast". I'm trying to talk about real life and in real life people believe these things and those beliefs would be used as they currently are (per politicians all having a "token" religion). I'm talking about our society... I don't believe in "God" at least as per what you probably assumed and certainly don't think "he" would have any opinion other than "Yep, that's a choice."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join