It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suppose we were never a violent species in the first place (Humans)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
No killing of each other. No war.

Would we be packed in on Earth like sardines?

Putting this down quick before I have to go. And I would have forgotten this.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Or perhaps we would have cooperated a lot better with each other and reached the stars long ago before we ever reached over population proportions. It is amazing to think what we could have accomplished earlier in our existence had we developed along a cooperation path far more than our violent nature.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Since we wouldn't be fighting each other, there would be no reason for an individual to dominate thru spread of genes and family strength/power. We would agree on a way to keep the population at the best level

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by endats01
Or perhaps we would have cooperated a lot better with each other and reached the stars long ago before we ever reached over population proportions. It is amazing to think what we could have accomplished earlier in our existence had we developed along a cooperation path far more than our violent nature.

That's what i think. The more people you have, the higher chance of "accidental" geniuses. And we would be "Civilization Level I" by now. (as opposed to what we are now; Civilization 0)

But at the same time:

Originally posted by iamdavid
Since we wouldn't be fighting each other, there would be no reason for an individual to dominate thru spread of genes and family strength/power. We would agree on a way to keep the population at the best level

I think we would have to come up with some sort of 'birth control.'

Assuming we had more geniuses - I think we would have to build cities on water to spread out. I know there is A LOT of land. But not all land is suitable for a healthy environment for us. But there is A LOT more water than land. I think we would have to start building 'floating' cities.

Or.... would the overwhelming population growth be too much for the world to handle?

Ha..... i put (Humans) in the title... as if anyone else would be reading this.
edit on 2-1-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
We would have had no defence mechanisms and lions and cheetahs would have decimated our earliest ancestors...

We needed fighting to mould our capabilities... that's why were sitting on computers right now, war...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

You're right. I didn't even think about that.

We do have to defend ourselves from nature and the animals. I was thinking more about "humans killing each other."

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

In my observation more animals of like species cooperate with each other than do actual harm to one another except for the case of humankind. They develop reflexive cooperation to achieve maximum survival for their kind in a given area so your thesis in my opinion is not accurate given observation of the group cooperative survival nature other higher mammal species on our world.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I think it takes very hard survival circumstances to breed a situation where like beings of a species war with each other in nature in competition for food most likely. It happens and perhaps our ice age experience predicated this situation upon us as a species in the distant past. If we had not survived an ice age perhaps we would have become more cooperative as a species had we not met with such scarcity in our not to distant past.

new topics

top topics

join