It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters attack presidential palace in Cairo, one person dies in clashes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Protesters attack presidential palace in Cairo, one person dies in clashes

www.cnn.com

Cairo (CNN) -- A fire erupted at the entrance of Egypt's presidential palace Friday night as protesters hurled Molotov cocktails and rocks in a battle with security forces, who responded with tear gas and water cannon.

One person was shot and killed during clashes outside the palace, according to an official from Cairo's Heliopolis hospital, and authorities were seen dragging away demonstrators.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sorry if this was already posted. Searched didn't find anything. Please don't burn me for using CNN.

So they are fed up with Morsy and are again revolting. Of course this is nothing new. My opinion on the matter is what did they expect when they elected a radical like him?

"The continued attacks suggest a real breakdown in central power, we're coming close to that," said Steven Cook, a Council on Foreign Relations senior fellow. "... None of the political forces have control over the people in the streets."

I am not one to pass off judgement about why people elect/vote the people that they choose to vote for. Everyone can have a opinion.

I guess they swap a dictator for a radical and now they understand what has happened. I had a feeling that Morsy wouldn't last long...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-2-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I just don't know, it's like someone is trying to destabilize the region or something

edit on 1-2-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It would be nice to see them drag his corrupt rear out and "Ceaușescu" him.

All dictators should meet such an end.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I know it seems like a lot of that going on lately.

-SAP-

top topics

join