It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Warplanes Fly over Lebanon Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Israeli warplanes flew over southern Lebanon Friday, two days after an airstrike near Damascus, as Syria's army chief of staff warned against testing his country's capabilities.

Butros Wanna, a resident in the southern Lebanese town of Marjayoun, near the border with Israel, said Israeli flights have been intense for the past four days.

"There is something not normal going on. Warplanes are always in the air," said Wanna.

Source

Things are really heating up over there. I feel like Israel is goading her neighbors. So sick of their crap. Bet we see some escalation this next week. They are pretty sure of themselves and must not expect any of Syria's allies to do a thing.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Syria is not going to do anything....

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have a feeling that a lot of Arab states will now join up to get rid of Israel off the map altogether, and I think America though they supported Israel to attack Syria on Friday wont wish to get involved in helping Israel when Arab nations attack it, why? well simply because America has a Muslim leader, he would laugh if Arab nations got shut of Israel, it has been a thorn in his side since he too office, that is why he wont let Israel attack Iran.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
With so much military equipment on active deployment in the area, It will be only a matter of time before another incident arises in which nations end up firing upon one another.

Especially if Israeli jets are making regular sortie’s into other countries airspace.

It just takes a single incident to set the whole situation off.

I believe is conducting these missions because it believes it can get away with it and will continue to so unimpeded until something stops it.

edit on 1-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Obama orders drone strikes against Muslim people every day that he is in office. What makes you think he cares about Muslims in General, and would a true Muslim denounce his faith Like Obama has and go to a Christian Church. In fact I am not even sure that Obama has ever been verified as ever being Muslim by any credible source.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Perhaps Russia could lend a hand?? That is unless they have written Syria off or made a deal to split the spoils.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'm sure they have already sent in some weapons but that may be as far as they go....they (Russia) may do a lot of complaining and fist shaking but I don't believe much more will come of it...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If anything does happen ,this www.haaretz.com... might be the first place to look , why keep it hidden an attack or strike when it is now a matter of bragging. Or this one if they Israel do bomb again newsblogged.com... nothing yet but do say form the link

Israel 'considering further air strikes on Syria'
Israel is said to be considering further attacks in Syria and Lebanon following the air strikes on a weapons convoy this week, and on Friday claimed "the entire axis of evil is coming apart".
well what do know the first ever we will do so ,and we are telling you in-advance that e will bomb you where have we heard that before ?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Lebanon not Syria......above Lebanon.....
Hezbullah has SAMs dont they?
Whats stopping them?
Maybe Iran is holding them on a tight leash right now......awaiting the right moment to react to the Israeli Provocations.....
I too think that there will be multiple scores to settle when the first barrage goes up, regardless of who shoots at whom....
It just has to be a serious enough event.....Once one nation mobilises aggressively ,the rest will follow like baby ducks into the carnage.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be a complete surprise if the US is sick of Israel. Drummed up this fiasco with Iran et al., just so they had a reason to position themselves there. Then the US, Russia, France, UK, China, and all else come swooping in and destory Israels nuclear weapons? *sigh* A guy can dream right?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

yep... I dream the dream too

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If Lebanon took a plane down, Israel would undoubtedly attack, but what right would they have considering their planes are above Lebanon? I mean if some country flew a war plane over the US they would be shot down without hesitation.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
With Iran threatening to retaliate for Israeli incursions into Syria and with Iran being so far away, I'm getting suspicious that Israel might be trying to draw Iran closer to them .

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
My god! If Israel has some of the best intel in the world than what are they doing?! I've always liked to believe that if Israelis put down their weapons there would be no more Israel, and peace if it was their enemies who put them down first. But wow I find it hard to believe anybody wants to start a war, but this is going no where peaceful and needs to be stopped. I mean sure Israel could be demolishing the weapons their intel is telling them will be used agaisn't them but... wow I hope they had some solid sources because this seems alot more serious than usual... I hope both sides know what they are doing.(They don't, bunch of pricks if you ask me)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

Your description of Ben yahoo is accurate if however plural...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
We are rapidly approaching "zero hour"...

Lets hope someone in a high position of power, can make the right choices before it is too late.

We'll see...

You can only delay for so long... Sooner or later it all either goes one way, or the other.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I wouldnt say that, they just know they are going to be defeated if they do. Russia wont do much because they know the United States is getting involved. I am surprised Obama is standing up to Russia, at least in some way. The idiot pulled our fleet out and let the Russians keep theirs there, in turn, making us look weak.

People need to get it through their thick skulls, war between the United States and Russia / Asia is going to happen. I am iffy if nukes will be used because every one knows it will be destruction for EVERYONE. So, the wars may turn into limited wars over bits of land and sea instead of Total War.

So, none the less, war will happen eventually, and for better or worse.
edit on 2-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The turks FM just came out with this. He thinks there is a hidden agreement with Assad and Bibi. Read this.
www.jpost.com...

It seems out there, but why didnt Syria even send a small response back to Israel.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

With Turkey, their hatred for Israel (like most countries in the region) is why they would make such ridiculous claims.

From your link:

He further suggested that Assad's inaction was due to "a secret agreement" with Israel and vowed that Turkey would not sit still in the face of an Israel attack on any Muslim country.

There is one force on this planet that could unite that entire region.

Israel.

The one thing that makes all of this possible, is the weakness the USA has displayed under the current administration.

Islamic sects, and countries in the region will unite against an aggressive Israel lashing out from within its borders against other countries in the region. They are that hated, and that hate is universal.... There are elements at play here that are working to form a united front against Israel, and working to provoke the aggression that can make all of this happen. Even the rebels in Syria would unite with the Syrian army in a war with Israel.

People will never understand the complexity of the great plan at play here, but they will eventually see how it plays out....

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Can't wait. Hope they turn them to glass. It is time for Israel to have a big drink of her own medicine.

new topics

top topics

join