It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Says - Christians and Muslims Worship Same God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
President Bush, in an interview ith Charles Gibson, claims that he believes that Muslims and Christians worship the same God. Although Bin Laden is a devout Muslim Bush claims he and Al-Zarquawi worship a false god. Bush also says he doesn't believe we are involved in a religious battle.

abcnews.go.com
In an exclusive interview with ABC News' Charles Gibson, Bush said he believes that both Christians and Muslims worship the same God.

"I think we do. We have different routes of getting to the Almighty," Bush said. "But I want you to understand, I want your listeners to understand, I don't get to get decide who goes to heaven. The Almighty God decides who goes to heaven and I am on my personal walk," he said.

When it comes to Osama bin Laden and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who both claim to be devout Muslims, Bush says he believes they are misguided.

"I think they pray to a false God, otherwise they wouldn't be killing � like they have been."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't think this makes any sense. Bin Landen is said to pray to a "false god", however Bin Laden prays to the same god that other muslims pray to, the one revealed in the Quran by Muhammad the so called Prophet

The Muslims deny Jesus Christ, and it is in the Islamic theology to oppose and kill the ones who believe in the Lord, thus they cannot possibly be worshipping Him, but a false god.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hi writer -- you say 'The Muslims deny J.C. ' Wrong. The muslims call Him

AISSA -- the 6th Prophet.

regards chapo

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal

I don't think this makes any sense. Bin Landen is said to pray to a "false god", however Bin Laden prays to the same god that other muslims pray to, the one revealed in the Quran by Muhammad the so called Prophet

The Muslims deny Jesus Christ, and it is in the Islamic theology to oppose and kill the ones who believe in the Lord, thus they cannot possibly be worshipping Him, but a false god.

Just because Bin Laden has a muslim name and says he prays to God, doesn't mean his version of religion is the right one. I am amazed at how many westerners blindly believe the words of mass murderer "Bin Laden says muslims should kill, so that must be the truth", "bin laden says that Qur'an says that americans are infidels and should be punished, he must be telling the truth" and so on. Educated people in the western countries actually BELIEVE him. That is insane.

Timothy McWeigh prayed to Jesus. Does that make all christians evil or Jesus a false prophet?

Muslims do not deny Jesus, they accept him as a prophet. Muslim deny the Nicean Creed dogma, but not Jesus himself.
As I have stated many times before on this board, murder is a sin, Muslims are not trained to kill everybody else, that is just propaganda from morons like Jerry Falwell and Bin Laden. WHY do people keep believing them is beyond my understanding *shakes head*

Amazingly, Bush is right, we all do believe in same God, but the way we practice religion is different.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
.......your point?

muslims and Christians DO worship the same god. Anyone up to date on religious history here folks?

So Bush called Osama's god false in the past, maybe he picked up a 5th grade history book between then and now.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Can't you see that this is just Bush using religious issues as a reason to be shi**y to one another and to add fuel to the fire of international religious dispute?

Is George W(anker) Bush meant to be a christian? Then he is blatently going to hell for his crimes against humanity.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
President Bush is either ignorant of Christian teachings or he was being politically correct. I hope for his sake it was the former. The god of the Koran is not the God of the Bible. The Muslim people worship a false god.

The Holy Bible says:

John 14:6 KJV
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The Koran denies the deity and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Without Jesus no amount of good works or religion will keep you from paying the price for your sins.

Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Except for doctrinal differences and the matter of Jesus Christ being divine or a mere prophet, the two religions indeed worship the same God.
Mohammad was given the Koran (Qu'ran) by the angel Gabriel.....
Heeeellllloooooo?
The angel Gabriel is an angel to whom in Christianity and in Islam, since Allah is God and God is God?

Also...

as mentioned by JoeyC
Is George W(anker) Bush meant to be a christian?

Let's reverse this logic of yours, k?
Are you a Christian?
Were you meant to be a Christian?
And who are you exactly to be claiming (insinuating judgement) that someone, as Bush, is going to 'Hell'?

Thank you.

seekerof

[edit on 29-10-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeyC
Can't you see that this is just Bush using religious issues as a reason to be shi**y to one another and to add fuel to the fire of international religious dispute?

I agree with you, bush is a man that claims to be a god-fearing man, on the other hand he feels not guilt when it comes to the lives of people in the two countries he invaded.

And anyway I see bush version of god is fix to satisfy his "war president" status, and to justify his war.

He is the biggest religious funny in my eyes. It looks now to me that to keep justifying the killings in Iraq in the civilian population he is going to used the "they worship false gods motto"

Perhaps the god of bin laden is telling him that bush is evil and the god of Sarqawi is telling him to stay in Iraq and help the people fight the infidels.

Now under bushiest religious "perception" his god is the right one and he is "doing the right thing"

So at the end the world is full of gods that satisfy everybody�s agenda when is apply to justify the killings of innocent. Sorry bushes god is not my god.

Fantastic.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Paperclip, I think you hit the nail on the head. I've always said that Jesus brought the message, and man made religion.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I should point out that there are actually two major divisions in the concept of divinity in Christianity.

One holds that Yahweh is the one true God, and they worship HIM. Jesus is the son of God/Yahweh and can intercede and redeem, but is not the one with the ultimate/final/creating world and so forth powers.

There is a newer sect that essentially treats Jesus as God instead of "the son of God (with God being more important.)" In the newer concept, Jesus is the one with all the power and God is a distant "big thunderer with a beard" or is merged into Jesus. Essentially, they're Jesus worshippers and not God worshippers.

So, the worshippers of Yahweh, the Jews, and the Muslims all worship the same concept of God. The worshippers of Jesus worship a very different entity.

(it was interesting to go back to the Baptist church after 30 years and find out that they'd gone from worshipping a divinity who was addressed in flowing formal tones as "father" to worshipping some sort of Valley Girl deity named Jesus with a 5 second attention span (prayers went along the lines of "And Jesus, you're so powerful, Jesus, we humbly worship you, Jesus....")

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
President Bush did not invade Iraq for religious reasons. He is not on a crusade to wipe out the infidels. Why does the left always try to bring religion into it? I�m a Christian and I have no desire to rid the world of Muslims. President Bush is a Christian and nothing he has done has shown him to be someone who wants to kill Muslims. If his motivation for invading Iraq was simply to kill Muslims he could have gone about it in a much simpler way. Just fire off some ICBM�s and turn the country into a glow-in-the-dark glass parking lot.

Stop being silly.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Byrd that is scary, that tell you that in the US people worship more than one god.

I find it so funny, people take a man make it into a "god" and it becomes the object of fanatics.

Thanks for bringing this out I was wondering when the "god" of heaven was going to be substitute for the "earthy" god Jesus and now I see it happened.

That is why I don't believe in organize religion.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Religion is far too personal and special for it to be generalised into a worldwide religion suited to everyone- i dont believe this is possible. Church is for the hypocrites to amass and see who's the most righteous.

Religion has been used as an excuse for war for many years and it is being continued to this day im not surprised it is a clever tactic- creating more divisions and fear in society so that Bush can be looked over as the ultimate refuge of the people simultaneously squashing revolutionary action against the corrupt state.

Seeker of....

I was a christian but i wrestled my mind out of the mindset and took a logical look at what it is today and i no longer wanted to be a part of it.

I was saying that based on the 'guidelines' that the Lord told his christians to follow Bush will certainly go to hell for his crimes against humanity.

I was not judging him but based on evidence put forward by God i would say he is certainly going to hell.

do you agree?

respect.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's curious that Bush would say that YHWH and ALLAH is the same: In the Koran it is ISHMAEL (not Isaac) who is sacrificed by Abraham, but the Israelites believed that the myth of Abraham was all about YITZAAK (Isaac) being sacrficed etc.

So which account is the one believers should consider to be "divinely Inspired"?

Should they believe the Qu'ran/KORAN who says one thing or Beresith/Genesis in the socalled TORAH which says something completely contradictory?

BOTH CANNOT BE RIGHT.

[In all fairness, presumably the Nyth tradition of the BINDING OF ISAAC (or ISHMAEL if you think the Qu'ran is inspired) originally must have said something like "Abraham's first born son" and the two traditions took it from there---and thus the debate would have been in these two religions about "WHO" Abraham's first born son was, i.e. in the legal sense..

Also BUSH has never read the Torah very carefully in his whole life it seems ---especially if he REALLY thinks YHWH (the brutal xenophobic clan god of Israel who believes in thigns like chosen people and master races like Hiler did) does not believe in genocide and extermination policies worthy of Bin Laden or worse (read Deuteronomy 20 and Deut. chapter 13 or even Deut. 7:23).

(Here's free TORAH sample for those who have trouble with Paleon Hebrew without vowells, like so many of you on these threads:

"YOU WILL Genocide them all, YOU WILL leave nothing breathing left alive....YOU WILL EXTERMINATE THEM ALL, the men, women, suckling babes AND ANIMALS....YOU WILL WIPE THEM OUT every one, and you will show NO MERCY...")

Can't this socalled President "BUSH" and his religious right cronies (both Jewish and Christian) plainly see that the texts of the TORAH are equally as Genocidal as an Islamic HOLY WAR?

That Bin Laden and "Moses" (and those that follow either of these figures) are dangerous role models in a world where there are nuclear weapons floating around in the hands of religious exremists?

And this IDIOT is our commander in chief?

[edit on 30-10-2004 by Amadeus]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

Amazingly, Bush is right, we all do believe in same God, but the way we practice religion is different.

Yeah...cuz all all-made religions were created to create chaos, wars and hate between nations, it really worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine there is only one true and real religion (the real truth!) what would it be like????

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Christian God and the Muslim god are not the same.

Most Christians worship the Trinity - One God in three divine persons.
God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

Muslims worship Allah - their pagan moon god was Allah.

Not the same.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The Christian God and the Muslim god are not the same.

Not the same.

EXACTLY the same...god is just god, it's nobody....
It's an energy, it's not a person
Allah and jesus are "prophets" in your religious language!!!! They ARE just prophets...
It's interpretation that is different and the thing is religions are (man made)

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Not the same.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I follow your thought the muslims+ the jews have a pagan GOD ???

chapo

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well, anyone who knows anything about the Muslum religion knows that Mohammad was the "mouthpiece of Jesus Christ".

OK, here is the ten second version of the religion for those that are unknowledgable about it:

Mohammad was visited by the angel Gabriel one night while he was sleeping and was told that he was going to be Christ's mouthpiece. Mohammad woke up scared as anything and told his wife. A few weeks went by and when Mohammad went to bed again, he was visited by Gabriel and two other angels. They took him to Jerusulem and then to Heaven to meet the apostles and Jesus himself. The next morning, when Mohammad told his wife, they thought he was dreaming. However, some men came came to visit his wife that day who conicidentally were just in Jeruselem (which was a few days ride away). They asked him some questions about it and were absolutely convinced he was there--and very recently too! This proved to Mohammad and his wife that these were no dreams. The next day, Mohammad suddenly went into a kind of trance and began to speak in a beautiful prose. Scribes were immediately summoned and copied down everything he said. Mohammad awoke from his trance after as if nothing had happened. After that, scribes followed Mohammad around everywhere he went for years. At times he would go into the trance almost daily. Then, days, weeks, months would go by and nothing would happen. Then it would start again. These writings the scribes wrote were the words of Jesus Christ spoken through Mohammad. They are, of course, the Koran. The Koran teaches pure non-violence, love, non-judgement, etc. The misuse and minipulation of the religion is what has lead to the extremists that terrorize us today.

TRY NOT TO JUDGE THINGS WITHOUT KNOWING AT LEAST SOMETHING ABOUT IT FIRST.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Machine
President Bush did not invade Iraq for religious reasons. He is not on a crusade to wipe out the infidels. Why does the left always try to bring religion into it? I�m a Christian and I have no desire to rid the world of Muslims. President Bush is a Christian and nothing he has done has shown him to be someone who wants to kill Muslims. If his motivation for invading Iraq was simply to kill Muslims he could have gone about it in a much simpler way. Just fire off some ICBM�s and turn the country into a glow-in-the-dark glass parking lot.

Stop being silly.

That sounds like a good and smart idea. Lets just lob som nuke's and blow the h33l out of them. That is the answer. War War War, Kill Kill Kill. Is that what every one thinks about. Come on know. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. A much simpler way. If that is the case instead of trying to work through my differences with a co-worker I'm having trouble with, maybe I will just go over to him while his back is turned and crack him over the head. That will solve all our problems. H33l, when he's down I'll just kick him in the teeth. Why not, right?

I am neither left or right, I am an American.

I am jmilici, and I approved this message.

edit for edit's sake.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by jmilici]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join