It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney's Pre-election Hawaiian Vacation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Aloha Dick!

a�lo�ha (�-low-h�)
(Regional)
interj. Chiefly Hawaii
Used as a traditional greeting or farewell.

Dick Cheney, who's most valuable contributions to the Bush-Cheney re-election campaign have been scaring the living crap out of farmers in square states you've never been to, is off to Hawaii!!! for the weekend before Tuesday's election.

This unprecendented "off the radar" campaign stop is raising eyebrows for a number of reasons, not the least of which is timing.

As noted in the breaking news by the Guardian:

The trip was announced hours after news broke that the FBI has begun investigating whether the Pentagon improperly awarded no-bid contracts to Halliburton Co., the oil services corporation formerly headed by Cheney.

Of course, Republican strategists will tell you the late breaking campaign move has nothing to do with keeping Dick away from the press for a lengthy round trip, since they desperately want to make new battlegrounds out of any state they can.

It wasn't hard to find an eager Kerry camper to counter Dick's Hawaiian charge. Alex Kerry is on her way now as well. Pray for warm weather encouraging the wearing of see-through bikinis.
Just not on Dick.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I didn't realize, until now, that no press exists in Hawaii!

Wow!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I didn't realize, until now, that no press exists in Hawaii!

Wow!

Ha ha. Very funny.

I didn't realize Bush suddenly needs Hawaii so bad to...erm..."win."

Don't they like Cheney in Ohio? Florida? Pennsylvania? Michigan? Wisconsin? The southwest? Anywhere? What's up with that?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Gee, I heard that the FBI was checking out Haliburton during the Clinton era because of the no comp bid they got for Bosnia and Kosovo. WOW, Clinton better get in touch with his cronies and have them go after the FBI like they did to Ken Starr.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Gee, I heard that the FBI was checking out Haliburton during the Clinton era because of the no comp bid they got for Bosnia and Kosovo. WOW, Clinton better get in touch with his cronies and have them go after the FBI like they did to Ken Starr.

I think Clinton needs to head to the Hawaiian press-free zone...this could get ugly.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This is surprising that Cheney should go on a vacation this close to the election, but whats scarier is butterface kerry in a transparent bikini. I might not be able to eat breakfast now... thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
This is surprising that Cheney should go on a vacation this close to the election, but whats scarier is butterface kerry in a transparent bikini. I might not be able to eat breakfast now... thanks.

I'm at home from school because I"m sick already, needless to say that didn't help

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
NO press on Hawaii ?!?!?
Hang on a mo' you're pulling my leg here, no?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

I think Clinton needs to head to the Hawaiian press-free zone...this could get ugly.

I agree, if Clinton isn't careful he could lose this election.

Anyway, I'm sure Cheney's trip just has an advantageous stop over or two. Probably one in Iran to thank the Mullahs for the endorsement of Bush-Cheney (and maybe pick up his kick back for all those violations of sanctions).

[damn typos, need coffee]

[edit on 29-10-2004 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
actually, RANT, the Mullah's endorsed Kerry, it was the people who endorsed Bush. Not that it really matters, because they can't vote, no wait, they can if Kerry get's elected. Hey I hear that the French are 89% behind Kerry. What's up with that, he can't get the 100%?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Somebody please either confirm or deny that there is no press on Hawaii...

don't leave me in this doubt... i feel like Descartes!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
of course there's press on hawaii

www.honoluluweekly.com... just to name one

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

actually, RANT, the Mullah's endorsed Kerry, it was the people who endorsed Bush. Not that it really matters, because they can't vote, no wait, they can if Kerry get's elected. Hey I hear that the French are 89% behind Kerry. What's up with that, he can't get the 100%?

Terhan endorsed Bush for his weak stance on human rights violations. You know the Texas Governor never met a public execution he didn't like. Why should it be different in Iran or the public square in Saudi Arabia?

Anyway, I'm busy now calculating the Air Force Two cost for a round trip to Hawaii. Okay, now I'm bored. Let's just call it alot. Then later Bush-Cheney will say they plan to reimburse the government like they did after Bush's recent helicopter rally to the theme of Top Gun.

Question though. Wouldn't it be better for everyone involved to just photoshop Cheney on an old still from Magnum PI for a press release? Why even go for the photo op when you can fake it? It's not like he's hand delivering turkey to the troops or ice to Floridians. I guess it's just one of those things that needs that personal touch of Dick. He's just oozes warmth, yaknow? I'm glad the western most Americans will be getting a good look at him.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
of course there is press in Hawiaii.

But there is much less than on the mainland. Like everthing-all press and equipment would have to be flown in and thast would be very expensive.

It is my guess that they"the press" won't go for the bill now with so much else to do.

That makes it a good hiding location for him and his spin doctors onmainland can do their jog-IMO.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownOrigins
of course there's press on hawaii

www.honoluluweekly.com... just to name one

Phew! I was hanging in some sort of doubt limbo for a while there... thanks!

Allthough the link you posted was of a paper on Oahu (Honolulu) and not the big island Hawaii....

[edit on 29/10/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Somebody please either confirm or deny that there is no press on Hawaii...

don't leave me in this doubt... i feel like Descartes!

YES! They've got local press! Sorry.

It's more a change of subject for Dick, than anything. It's just losing any investigative reporters tailing this story out of big markets in my opinion. The Cheney embeds wouldn't dare put his feet to the fire. That's why they're approved embeds.

But I still think this won't play well in most markets. War on Terror. Iraq. Working Hard...

And Cheney's Blue Hawaii?

new topics

top topics

join