It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dipping my toes in the water.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
After being a long time lurker I have decided to make my first post.

Yesterday I saw this ad for the upcoming superbowl

www.youtube.com... (sorry couldnt get it to embed)

Found it interesting that 2 times they made sure they showed the "devil" with his Freemason ring.

Its times like this that I wish my dad was still alive, as he was a 2 time grandmaster of his local lodge. He also had a picture on his wall that if memory serves was kind of a history of the Freemasons. In it was the symbol of the Templar Knights and when i asked him about it he got REALLY evasive. He passed away in 2001 long before my time here on ATS and all the wonderful things that are available here to investigate.

I really dont believe my father was a Satan worshiper, nor do I believe he was Evil. ( tho some of the heavy handed tactics he used to "teach a lesson" make me pause to think).

My father read Edgar Cayce books, and believed in out of body experiences, who knows what else that he did not talk about. I just wish I knew then what I know now so that I could of asked him well informed questions.

Offering this up for discussion. If someone else posted it then my apologies in advance

edit on Sat Feb 2 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: embed vid

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gratheil

Very interesting. Do you still have some of those artifacts?
-
To embed a youtube vid you have to copy everything after the ( = ) then click the (vid:youtube) tab and paste it in the field.

edit on 1-2-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gratheil
Found it interesting that 2 times they made sure they showed the "devil" with his Freemason ring.

Me too. Ultimately, I think it was something to make him look "mysterious". After all, wouldn't a mass media commercial proclaiming "Satan is a Freemason" or "Masons are Satanic" be the opposite of the conspiracy theories?

Its times like this that I wish my dad was still alive, as he was a 2 time grandmaster of his local lodge.

Lodges have Worshipful Masters. Grand Lodges have Grand Masters.

He also had a picture on his wall that if memory serves was kind of a history of the Freemasons.

By any chance, this one?

In it was the symbol of the Templar Knights and when i asked him about it he got REALLY evasive. He passed away in 2001 long before my time here on ATS and all the wonderful things that are available here to investigate.

Depending on the question, he shouldn't have been. What would you like to know?

I really dont believe my father was a Satan worshiper, nor do I believe he was Evil. ( tho some of the heavy handed tactics he used to "teach a lesson" make me pause to think).

My father read Edgar Cayce books, and believed in out of body experiences, who knows what else that he did not talk about.

None of these things would have been directly related to his being a Mason.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I have found out where the picture is and over the weekend I plan on trying to find it, if I can ill take a pic of it and throw it up. It may be a common picture that is readily available but its worth checking out.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

My bad there. keep in mind that my last dealings with the lodges was over 30 years ago so some of the terminology might be off. He was really active in the 70's and 80's then tapered off in the 90's.

That is not the picture, tho i have seen that one before. I had asked him about that picture in roughly the late 90's, and the image of it in my head is kinda vague. Not sure exactly where he got it from. It may have been something that was hanging at the lodge he aquired or he purchased it through the lodge.

This post was more of a do you think its a jab at the free masons, a subtle hint, or just bad choice of rings for the guy to put on. Not dam my dad was a Satanist.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

To make things a wee bit easier, a couple of screen grabs.
ny 2 cents there not masonic

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gratheil
This post was more of a do you think its a jab at the free masons, a subtle hint, or just bad choice of rings for the guy to put on. Not dam my dad was a Satanist.

I thought it was a good commercial. Willem Dafoe makes a good Devil, I mean he did play Nosferatu in Shadow of the Vampire afterall.

As for the ring it was rather odd as the Square was not even square.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
I thought it was a good commercial. Willem Dafoe makes a good Devil, I mean he did play Nosferatu in Shadow of the Vampire afterall.
And Jesus in The Last Temptation of Christ.

As for the ring it was rather odd as the Square was not even square.
I thought that was strange as well.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I couldn't make heads or tails of the ring on his pinky but the one on his ring finger was definitely a compass and square although not exactly square. Also it was interesting the document the devil had for him to sign it had written in latin or something foreign to me. Here are the words - SIGILLA PASVERE MAGISTER DIABOLUS ET DAEMONES-.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

I believe it is a chinese dragon.

Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan.

As for the latin, it means something akin to Seal of the Devil.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Got to remember too that the popular image of the "Devil" is actually the image of Pan after the christians got hold of him and literally demonized this popular fellow.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I think the "elite" of the Freemason's and the "elite" of politics, music, movies, etc, are called up in the same way. In no way to I believe that every Grandmaster of every lodge is in on a huge conspiracy, that would leave way too many ways for things to leak, this also means that all the conspiracies may not apply to every Grandmaster of every lodge just like they don't apply to everyone who produces popular records. They get called up to the big leagues if they show dedication, willingness, and discretion.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Not a masonic ring, but nice first post. Good effort

Even the "seasoned" posters I have sometimes see will take a picture and arbitrarily highlight any and all shapes and just throw out that they are "masonic". Not to mention any thing a president does with his hands ever can be seen as a "masonic" gesture of some sort.
While at a glimpse I can see how someone could think that it is a mason ring.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daeobi
I think the "elite" of the Freemason's and the "elite" of politics, music, movies, etc, are called up in the same way. In no way to I believe that every Grandmaster of every lodge is in on a huge conspiracy, that would leave way too many ways for things to leak, this also means that all the conspiracies may not apply to every Grandmaster of every lodge just like they don't apply to everyone who produces popular records. They get called up to the big leagues if they show dedication, willingness, and discretion.

In these so called big leagues what goes on?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Actually it does appear to be, just slightly distorted.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
As for the latin, it means something akin to Seal of the Devil.

'Pasvere' means 'to feed'. It is not very good Latin and roughly translates to 'signer feeds the Master of demons and devils'.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
reply to post by Superhans

Actually it does appear to be, just slightly distorted.

Actually, it's quite off. A square in an angle of 90°; that's 60° at best. Of course, I guess it all hinges on how you care to define "slightly".

Fitz

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Actually, it's quite off. A square in an angle of 90°; that's 60° at best. Of course, I guess it all hinges on how you care to define "slightly".

I just noticed that the 'square' is above the 'compasses' which is also rather odd.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

I just noticed that the 'square' is above the 'compasses' which is also rather odd.
So the Devil is an Entered Apprentice? Like LBJ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join