It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Trove of Anomalous Lunar Artifacts in NASA IMagery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I found this today.

keithlaney.net...

I am interested in the grooves and mounds that appear to be excavation.

I am thinking the movie "Moon" was telling us something.

But I have a question for ATS science-types about the moon, which is my real reason for writing here.

Question: The moons rotational rate matches its orbital motion around Earth such that it rotates once a day, resulting in the same face always facing the earth, hence the "Dark Side" and "Light Side". SO far, no problemo (except for the amazing coincidence).

But this bugs me: how are there meteorite craters on the face of the moon that looks at the Earth? To me, the craters facing the Earth mean that whatever smacked into the moon and made those craters had to have come right past the earth on their way to the moon. Shouldn't the earth shield the moon from having meteor impacts on the side facing the Earth? At least, shouldn't the near side have fewer craters than the other sides? ANyone know about the distribution of craters, and whether what I said is true?

Just a thought. I think the lunar anomalies, the size, age, position, rotation, all of it, including that it is less dense in the interior than the shallower regions, which is seemingly backwards.

Dunno, but it's odd.

BTW: the troughs in the images at the above site look to me like excavations. There are troughs passing across craters such that the trouhgs are on top of, and thus newer than the craters. I noted that there are no mounds of material adjacent to the troughs, which means the material from them was not pushed to the side as in a plowing action, but that the material was instead scooped up and removed from the site as in an excavation/mining operation.

Weird. I love the moon.

# just aint like they tell us in school and on the TV. I wonder whether we should even watch TV since it is all lies and propaganda and mind control. Seems likie a no-brainer that we should avoid it like the plague. BUt everyone seems to be in love with it. Strange.

"Kirk out."

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

The back of the moon is significantly more cratered than the near side.

There are quite a few reasons for craters on the near side, some are the results of impacts from debris left over from the moons creation(multiple theories there), another reason is that the distance of the moon from Earth is large enough to allow impacts from objects that have not been influenced significantly by the Earth's gravity.

edit on 1-2-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hm. Well, OK. Far side more cratered. At least it makes a bit of sense. THis image though makes no sense to me unless it's Photoshop. Either it's manipulated or the repeating pattern is otherwise "artificial". Weird.

keithlaney.net...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarsSentinel
Hm. Well, OK. Far side more cratered. At least it makes a bit of sense. THis image though makes no sense to me unless it's Photoshop. Either it's manipulated or the repeating pattern is otherwise "artificial". Weird.

keithlaney.net...

It does look odd, especially the object that appears to have 'rolled' from the left towards the center.

Edit: Actually, I think that me be part of the orbiter?

edit on 1-2-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

THis image though makes no sense to me unless it's Photoshop.

This may help .
AS15-2510(M)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

keithlaney.net...

- The thing on the left center edge of the picture is an Antenna on the Command Module.

- The lines in that large crater are called 'Rilles", and are though to be caused by ancient lava tubes that have collapsed.

- As for why the Earth doesn't protect the near side of the Moon from all impacts, here's a scale picture of the Earth-Moon system that may be helpful:

edit on 2/1/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

A lot of what you see on the side facing us (there is no light and dark side) is from molten lava activity from when the moon was geologically active, like the Sea of Tranquility. The reason you don't see those too much on the backside is because they're covered in meteor craters. So that should show you how much more meteor activity the backside gets than the front. The dark spots are the 'newest' parts of the moon.

When you say that the rotation of the moon is exactly the same to keep it facing us, is sort of true. The better answer is that it's tidally locked, meaning the gravity of the earth has gotten a hold of the one side of the moon and is swinging it around like a ball on a tether.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

The thing on the left center edge of the picture is an Antenna on the Command Module.

Yeah, it is.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

you could say the lines of craters are not anomalies just the result of a broken up asteroid or comet. if you notice there is one crater with another directly inside it like a bullseye. not sayin there isn't weird stuff happening on the moon, just sayin

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Of course.

There are a slew of theories regarding 'moon anomalies'.

Personally, I believe that just because something looks 'odd' it does not mean it isn't a natural feature.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

keithlaney.net...

What`s even stranger is the large crater in the upper right of the picture. Inside of that large crater are smaller craters and inside one of the smaller craters is another crater dead center of it. what are the chances that an object hit the moon and randomly landed in the dead center of a small crater that was already there?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

There are quite a few of them on the Moon.
the-moon.wikispaces.com...

Probably not the result of successive impacts however.

One possible explanation for concentric craters like Gruithuisen K is that geologic layers with different strength properties in the target zone produce the “rings” of concentric craters.
source

Possible volcanic origins.
Wood

edit on 2/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Are you serious about the craters?????

www.traipse.com...

Visit the above and discover how space debris can miss earth and hot the moon. You do know space debris burns up in our atmosphere don't you?

Wow. Amazingly weird thinking. ATS amazed me as to who visit. Thank God I only visit for the humour.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

What`s even stranger is the large crater in the upper right of the picture. Inside of that large crater are smaller craters and inside one of the smaller craters is another crater dead center of it. what are the chances that an object hit the moon and randomly landed in the dead center of a small crater that was already there?

if the object broke into several pieces with one in front of the other it would result in a crater inside a crater or craters in a line

top topics

join