It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Remember a Time the U.S. Government Told the Truth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I was discussing this subject with a friend the other night and it occurred to us both; neither of us, at ages 60+, can remember when was the last time we thought the United States Government had told the truth about anything that mattered; not 9-11, Roswell, JFK's death, or any reason for any war since 1945, or how our 'representatives' are really chosen, or how the economy and the Federal Reserve works, or what illegal, reprehensible, craven shenanigans the NSA, CIA or FBI is up to, none of it.

Can anyone out there actually come up with an announcement, bill passage maneuver or public speech that involved truth-telling?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Q) Can anyone anywhere remember any government telling the truth?
A) No, No one can.
/

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Last american leader who respected the concept of truth was Indian.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Well, I cant think of any government or leader EVER telling the truth beyond far removed historical accounts, AND I even doubt those....

So. No. Never.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What
The government doesn't tell the truth
The law states you are not allowed to say something you know is a lie in politics. Avoiding conversations or switching the subject is ok. Finding any evidence to back up something is alright as long as it comes from someone with qualified credentials, then you can just pass the buck and destroy that person.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
YES I Can!

Bush when he said he was sending us all checks for like $600 bucks.... sure enough I got a check!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think that most people don`t care if the government lies as long as the government keeps it`s nose out of their business.
it`s kind of like how they make hotdogs,most people don`t care how they make them as long as they taste good and the hotdog maker doesn`t try to tell them what condiments to put on their hotdogs.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Oh you mean how the Gov. now is putting its nose everywhere

-healthcare
-banking
-automotive
-guns and firearms
-Religion

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'd say the last thing I can say that resembled truth was Dwight D Eisenhower leaving office and the vid clip that has been played and posted many times. Outlining the powerful force at work, that is the military industrial complex, told the truth outlined the future, and NO ONE LISTENED. So why tell the truth when no one cares a lie goes in one ear and out the other just as quick as the truth.

But that would be the last time I have seen what I assume and have come to see was the truth wasen't alive to see it but damned if TV and the internet didn't show me LoL

SaneThinking

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Well, I wasn't there at the time so I didn't actually hear it, but Chief RedCloud is quoted as saying "They said they would take our land and they did.--"

And then they gave themselves the power of eminent domain so they could take it from us, too.

edit on 1-2-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The government lies?!?!

Say it ain't so......

On a more serious note, they all lie but how well they do it is the main key IMO.

When they lied, was it told where it wasn't so blatantly obvious??
Or was it done with the carelessness of them not caring enough to hide the fact that they are full of BS and then them thinking that we are gullible to fall for it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Anyone who could remember died in 1776.
But by it's very nature.
A Government without secrets is like a fish without water.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

There is a difference between not telling us something and actively lying thou.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
semi-automatic left mouse button, sorry.
edit on 1-2-2013 by ShadowBase because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I remember Bush Jr Saying something like "We just bombed Iraq."

That was true..

Originally posted by ShadowBase
semi-automatic left mouse button, sorry.
edit on 1-2-2013 by ShadowBase because: (no reason given)

Those are dangerous. Did you realize that the rest of the keys are Full Auto?? Yea, Whoa...

edit on 2/1/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

link   
Yeah,

When Bush said "Mission Accomplished" lol

"we must pass the bill before we know whats in the bill" that wasnt a lie

edit on 1-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
I'd say the last thing I can say that resembled truth was Dwight D Eisenhower leaving office and the vid clip that has been played and posted many times. Outlining the powerful force at work, that is the military industrial complex, told the truth outlined the future, and NO ONE LISTENED. So why tell the truth when no one cares a lie goes in one ear and out the other just as quick as the truth.

But that would be the last time I have seen what I assume and have come to see was the truth wasen't alive to see it but damned if TV and the internet didn't show me LoL

SaneThinking

You nailed it! I had forgotten that and you're right.

I was a baby when Eisenhower left office and at the time only thought he was an old man and how young and 'vigorous' Kennedy looked. When Kennedy was murdered, in broad daylight no less, I think that was the end of the U.S. we were all taught was so wonderful. It's something else entirely now. Something evil at it's core.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowBase
reply to post by grey580

There is a difference between not telling us something and actively lying thou.

They do both and well I might add.

And btw you're a member of this site.
You should know better than most that the US Government lies, cheats and steals.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!

Joking aside... They all lie and IMO it is only to make them feel superior by having knowledge that only their little group has and others don't.

To me the government is exactly the same as secret socities...

They try to one up man kind by hoarding knowledge for their own personal use and agenda.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire

Originally posted by SaneThinking

SaneThinking

You nailed it! I had forgotten that and you're right.

I was a baby when Eisenhower left office and at the time only thought he was an old man and how young and 'vigorous' Kennedy looked. When Kennedy was murdered, in broad daylight no less, I think that was the end of the U.S. we were all taught was so wonderful. It's something else entirely now. Something evil at it's core.

I think Kennedy may have had an honest streak in him to some extent.

Nowadays the lies are so over the top and continuous, I'm surprised politicians don't use "air quotes" and chuckle and wink during every speech.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join