It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are divorced Christians condemned to hell?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Your kidding right? If the bible was real and true ,and religion was true, and sinners went to hell, There would be nobody left. LOL! Relax, no ones going to hell, your already there . It cant get worse then this.
Besides , whoever has you convinced you that faith is good should get a swift slap in the face.
Religion is for the weak who need a babysitter to keep them in line. Break through it friend and re-
create yourself by thinking for yourself, youll be closer to god once you have your will back.
No disrespect: Unless you cant control yourself from harming others there is no reason to belief in a religion that
keeps you down.Enjoy life and never surrender your will. Faith should be earned, not a given.
God does exist in the absence of religion. In fact it thrives

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

Ejaculating isn't "sex", that's absurd.

If it were we would be sinning every night with nocturnal emissions.

There is a difference. One is an accident, the other is not.

Didn't you read twice now that I have no respect for the eisegetical approach to scripture study?

You use it each time you defend your trinity doctrine.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IsidoreOfSeville

Correct. This is one thing the Catholic Church has right.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Enough of this. Post the verse that says masturbation is a sin.

And we aren't discussing the Trinity, red herring, stay on topic.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Look up the term "eisegesis", then look up the term "exegesis".

Is there a verse saying masturbation is a sin?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Enough of this. Post the verse that says masturbation is a sin.

Post your verse that says sex outside of marriage is not a sin. As I said, sex is for a man and his wife.

And we aren't discussing the Trinity, red herring, stay on topic.

I did not say we are. You are avoiding the fact that you use eisegesis.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

The burden of proof is not on me, this has already been pointed out to you. You stated it was a sin, it's therefore your burden to prove that claim.

And I never place faith in eisegesis, I go by exactly what the text says and nothing else, not church tradition, anything. Sola scriptura. I have been trained in Biblical hermaneutics and strictly apply it and only accept the exegetical approach to Scripture study.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Let me counter your question with another question. And I think I've already asked you once before. Do you have a chapter and verse that says God is a Trinity? Where is the chapter and verse that says what books go in? Who decided the table of contents? Do you have a specific verse and chapter that says punching someone in the face is a sin?

Sure the Trinity is a known, but where is it? We all know that randomly punching someone in the face is bad, but where does it say it in the bible? What chapter and verse lists the table of contents?

What did early Christianity do until the printing press? How did the Word spread? Did Jesus ascend to Heaven and leave behind a King James bible?

And before you quote 2 Tim 3:16-17, remember it does not say the Bible is all we need for salvation, much less that the Bible is all we need for theology; nor does it say the Bible is even necessary to believe in Christ.

Wow, that totally came out confrontational; not my intent. I think if you do the research you will find Sola Scriptura is incorrect.
At the end of the day, I'd be happy to call you my brother in Christ.

God bless you!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

The burden of proof is not on me, this has already been pointed out to you. You stated it was a sin, it's therefore your burden to prove that claim.

Sex outside of marriage is a sin.

And I never place faith in eisegesis, I go by exactly what the text says and nothing else, not church tradition, anything. Sola scriptura. I have been trained in Biblical hermaneutics and strictly apply it and only accept the exegetical approach to Scripture study.

You use eisegesis all the time while defending the trinity.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

"Sex" involves two people. Masterbation isn't sex.

And again, we aren't talking about the Trinity, that's a red herring.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Not so fast. What did you learn about the difference between eisegesis and exegesis?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

eisegesis is the interpretation of a text (as of the Bible) by reading into it one's own ideas

exegesis is : exposition, explanation; especially : an explanation or critical interpretation of a text

So, using exegesis, care to take a crack at my questions?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Sure, with one verse so as to not derail this current topic. It would be impossible on one hand to show a verse saying God is a "trinity" because that's a Latin term. However, there are many verses that talk about God's nature as a unity in plurality. The Shema is a good example in the OT. It declares God is "one", yet the particular Hebrew word used for "one" is "echad" which is a unity of one. Example a cluster of grapes. The same word is used to describe Adam and Eve as being "one flesh". The Hebrew word for one in the singular is "yichad". And "Elohyim" in that verse is a plural Hebrew word, yet it is always used in a singular context. It's technically a grammatical error every time it appears. It would be like me saying in English, "I went to the Ford dealer and bought one brand new red trucks."

One interesting aspect of the NT is Christ refers to His Father in the 3rd person masculine singular personal pronoun. That shows that Christ was speaking about someone else independent of Himself. The NT declares that the Holy Spirit is God, that the Father is God, and that the Son is also God. All three are present at the baptism of Jesus in the Jordan river.

edit on 15-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I absolutely love the example of the Trinity at the baptism of Jesus! Wonderful example.

Okay, now what about the books themselves? How did the Word spread after the Apostles died?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Churches copied the letters and distributed them to each other. And the ministry of the Holy Spirit. Like Jesus saidin John 15:16, no one chooses Christ, they are all chosen by Him.
edit on 15-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

"Sex" involves two people. Masterbation isn't sex.

It is a sex act. The second person is in the heart.

Matthew 5:28-29 (KJV)
28But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

And again, we aren't talking about the Trinity, that's a red herring.

I am not talking about the trinity, but I am talking about your use of eisegesis when teaching it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Show where I used eisegesis. Going to the precise terms in the Hebrew and Greek is practical exegetical application. That's precisely what exegesis is. And sex is carnal relations between two people, masterbation is an act of one person. And a person can masturbate without thinking about another person. And we both already agreed lusting is a sin.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Show where I used eisegesis. Going to the precise terms in the Hebrew and Greek is practical exegetical application. That's precisely what exegesis is. And sex is carnal relations between two people, masterbation is an act of one person. And a person can masturbate without thinking about another person. And we both already agreed lusting is a sin.

You use eisegesis for Gen. 1:26, the baptism of Jesus, every mention of the titles of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and other places.

Continue to justify sin if you want to, it does not change the truth.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

What "truth"? Every verse you have provided doesn't mention masturbation, nor is the context about masturbation. You're read that into the text.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

What "truth"? Every verse you have provided doesn't mention masturbation, nor is the context about masturbation. You're read that into the text.

Sex acts outside of marriage is a sin. The Bible is clear.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join